Drink package upgrade??

SRQMom

Hopefully a simple question.  Can the Classic beverage package (as a perk) be upgraded to Premium?  If so, by drink or can you upgrade the entire package?  Does anyone know the cost (just the difference between the two packages??).  Also, I know the specialty coffees are only on the Premium Package.  If I stick with the Classic, can I get a premium (with booze) drink and just pay the "difference" on those?  I tried to find this question answered but there are SO many posts on beverage packages I checked dozens so far and I couldn't find one with just specific "upgrade" question answered so gave up and asked a new one.  Thanks!! 

• Like 1

Answers to the simple questions:

Yes, the CBP as a Perk, can be upgraded to the PBP at any time through two (2) days before sailing and then again after boarding the ship.

Currently the CBP is $59/day pp and PBP is $69.00/day pp PLUS 20% service charge collected at time of purchase. Of course if either package is received as a Perk, the SC's are included. If you choose to give additional on-board, it is at your discretion.

Yes, if you stick with the CBP you can order a PBP beverage and only pay the difference plus the SC of 20%.

This info can be found on X's website, too.

Cheers and bon voyage

Look into the drink plus package before you cruise.  It has to be booked before the cruise.

if you upgrade on board do it with a BT that you like at the bar that you like because they get the gratuities.   They will also be your “friend” for the rest of the cruise and may go out of their to accommodate you.  

PLEASE DON’T DO IT WITH THE HAWKS THAT APPROACH YOU AS THEY ARE JUST AFTER THE EXTRA MONEY.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

As said before, upgrade onboard with a bar tender at your favorite bar; they get the gratuity. I like the best whisky and specialty coffees, but maybe the thing I like the most was being able to drink San Peligrino for the whole trip! Specialty waters made it worth while for my three cruising friends who do not drink alcohol.

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, miched said:

Look into the drink plus package before you cruise.  It has to be booked before the cruise.

if you upgrade on board do it with a BT that you like at the bar that you like because they get the gratuities.   They will also be your “friend” for the rest of the cruise and may go out of their to accommodate you.  

PLEASE DON’T DO IT WITH THE HAWKS THAT APPROACH YOU AS THEY ARE JUST AFTER THE EXTRA MONEY.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree with miched. In the past I've upgraded for the difference with a bartender I wanted to reward with the commission they get.  The service was definitely better when he became my "regular".  

Although I caution you to inquire about an additional local tax on your purchase if you upgrade it while still docked.  Unless the bartender holds the purchase until 3 miles out, then there will be no local tax.  I got caught with that once before sailing either in FLL or MIA.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Could anyone please post an up-to-date detailed info on the different Celebrity Cruises Beverage Packages, link or PDF. 

I’m trying to find out what package to buy for my teenage son? The only thing he drinks is sweetened canned ice tea (peach).

I'll answer in Danish:

Så skal du have fat i Premium Non-Alcoholic pakken til 22$ + 20% service charge pr. dag. Iste er ikke med i Classic Non-Alcoholic til 18$ + 20% SC pr. dag. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-drink-packages#nonalcoholic eller http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/BEVERAGE_PACKAGE_FLYERS-SALES.pdf

(nederst i pdf-filen kan du se hvad der er med i hhv. Classic og Premium Non-alcoholic).

I premiumpakken er der desuden Red Bull, Vitamin Water (lidt ala Powerade, dvs. vand med smag og stort sukkerindhold), premium-kildevand (Evian mfl.) og smoothies. Disse er ikke med i Classic-pakken. Alt efter hvor mange flaske iste han drikker om dagen, kan det muligvis bedre svare sig at betale pr. flaske fremfor en pakke. Jeg mener Arizona Ice Tea koster 4$ pr. flaske (kvaliteten er over Nestea/Fuze iste i Danmark, med langt flere smagsvarianter), så det er alligevel over seks flasker han skal drikke, før pakken kan svare sig, hvis han vitterligt ikke drikker andet (cola, energidrik osv.).

Skriv gerne en besked direkte til min bruger, hvis du vil have yderligere info om Celebrity. 🙂

Edited by mikkelhansen

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

I'll answer in Danish:

Så skal du have fat i Premium Non-Alcoholic pakken til 22$ + 20% service charge pr. dag. Iste er ikke med i Classic Non-Alcoholic til 18$ + 20% SC pr. dag. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-drink-packages#nonalcoholic eller http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/BEVERAGE_PACKAGE_FLYERS-SALES.pdf

(nederst i pdf-filen kan du se hvad der er med i hhv. Classic og Premium Non-alcoholic).

I premiumpakken er der desuden Red Bull, Vitamin Water (lidt ala Powerade, dvs. vand med smag og stort sukkerindhold), premium-kildevand (Evian mfl.) og smoothies. Disse er ikke med i Classic-pakken. Alt efter hvor mange flaske iste han drikker om dagen, kan det muligvis bedre svare sig at betale pr. flaske fremfor en pakke. Jeg mener Arizona Ice Tea koster 4$ pr. flaske (kvaliteten er over Nestea/Fuze iste i Danmark, med langt flere smagsvarianter), så det er alligevel over seks flasker han skal drikke, før pakken kan svare sig, hvis han vitterligt ikke drikker andet (cola, energidrik osv.).

Skriv gerne en besked direkte til min bruger, hvis du vil have yderligere info om Celebrity. 🙂

Hej, 

Tak for dit svar.

Har du mon en supplerende info omkring indholdet i “Kids’ Beverage Package“ ? 

Min søn drikke IKKE nogen form for sodavand! Så, det er primært Ice Tea han søger, og gerne også friskpresset juice, smoothies og milkshakes .. 

Jeg er slet ikke i tvivl om, at jeg naturligvis selv skal have en Premium pakke 🙂 

(jeg kunne ikke sende privat besked)

Jeg kan godt se at beskedfunktionen ikke virker - mærkeligt.

Børnepakken er blevet diskuteret i en anden tråd her - det er vist groft set premium non-alcoholic pakken til en lavere pris, så den kan sagtens være interessant for din søn, hvis han også gerne vil have smoothies. Andre melder at pakken kan købes til personer op til og med 17 år - og jeg ved ikke hvor gammel din søn er, men det skal du lige have in mente. Ellers kan Celebrity i hvert fald helt sikkert svare på det ved en opringning eller ved at skrive til dem via chatfunktionen i din Cruise Planner (den dukker lidt tilfældigt og usystematisk op i nederste høje hjørne af skærmen).

On 1/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, Muffinz said:

yes - my wife did this for our upcoming cruise in April... she upgraded from the CBP to PBP as she wants to try more cocktails.

I was more than happy with what I could get on the classic package

Are you saying that only one of you were able to upgrade to premium package while the other could remain a cbp?  I thought both must upgrade.

12 minutes ago, dabear said:

Are you saying that only one of you were able to upgrade to premium package while the other could remain a cbp?  I thought both must upgrade.

No - only 1 can upgrade if they want and it was very easy to do 

43 minutes ago, dabear said:

30 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

No - only 1 can upgrade if they want and it was very easy to do 

If you select it as a perk it must be done for both people in a cabin, if you do it onboard you can do it individually.  I don't know the process if you try to do one person prior to the cruise.

8 hours ago, garyl62 said:

If you select it as a perk it must be done for both people in a cabin, if you do it onboard you can do it individually.  I don't know the process if you try to do one person prior to the cruise.

g - It is possible for only one (1) person can upgrade prior to sailing.

When in CP it asks you to select who is upgrading and then select and then click...

Or shall I say this has been my experience over the last few years...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTEACH281 said:

Are fountain sodas and basic bottled water still included with select package ? ( thnx in advance for the answer ) 

Yes to both questions. Some bars may give you the cans of soft drinks but don’t count on it.