Vancouver B.C. Hotel

142ksjd

6 minutes ago, 142ksjd said:

I am looking for recommendations on a hotel in Vancouver British Columbia for a one night stay before my cruise.

A lot of people like the Pan Pacific Hotel and/or Fairmont Waterfront.

Easy transfer of luggage to the ship and gorgeous views.

Both can be pricey depending on when you go and what availability they have.

Blue Horizon also has nice views and is more economical than the other 2 unless the PP or FW have sales.

Loden hotel is a really nice boutique hotel with a great restaurant, good location but no outstanding views.

Vancouver has tons of great hotels.  If you visit the ports boards you will see other hotel comments.

Hope this helps a bit

• Like 1

We had 2 nights pre-cruise last fall and went with a run-of-the-mill inexpensive hotel for the 1st night and switched to the Club Level and Pan Pacific for the last night. Expensive? Yes, but the extras and the direct transfer of our bags from the room to the ship made it worthwhile.

Another vote for Pan Pacific, even though we only book their regular (non-club) rooms.  My DH is more a Motel 6 kind of person, but he truly thinks there is great value with the PP, being right at the cruise terminal and an easy walk to the shopping and restaurant areas.  He won't stay anywhere else in Vancouver. 

I've stayed at both the Pan Pacific and the Waterfront and enjoyed both.  The PP, if you get a harbour view room, is stunning.  However, I do not enjoy the high cost for a non Club room.  For our October cruise, I've booked the Auberge Vancouver which is a fraction of the cost and still offers luggage transfer and is within walking distance of Canada Place.  Both the PP and the Waterfront were priced at approx C$700/night whereas the Auberge is around C$250 for a suite.  I'm happy to walk an extra block to save that kind of money.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I've stayed at both the Pan Pacific and the Waterfront and enjoyed both.  The PP, if you get a harbour view room, is stunning.  However, I do not enjoy the high cost for a non Club room.  For our October cruise, I've booked the Auberge Vancouver which is a fraction of the cost and still offers luggage transfer and is within walking distance of Canada Place.  Both the PP and the Waterfront were priced at approx C$700/night whereas the Auberge is around C$250 for a suite.  I'm happy to walk an extra block to save that kind of money.

Yikes, I thought the Pan Pacific was expensive the times I stayed there, but I've never paid that much!!! Next time I'll remember to check the Auberge.

In 2018, prior to Westerdam to Alaska, since I was traveling solo, I opted for the Fairmont in Vancouver airport. It is a lovely hotel and by booking myself it was definitely less expensive than a HAL hotel.  I then took a HAL transfer from the airport.  Easy peasy.  I particularly liked this hotel because my flight arrived later in the evening,  It was so easy to walk from the airport and up the escalator into the hotel.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport hotel in Richmond.  The hotel offers a cruise package which includes breakfast and a transfer to the port.  To get us to the port the hotel called and prepaid for a cab.  Yes, this hotel isn't near any of the Vancouver sites but for 1 night (and our flight arrived late) we appreciated a short trip to the hotel via the airport shuttle. Hotel has a restaurant/bar which is open 'til 10PM (also appreciated by we tired travelers).

To find this offer go the the ihg website, search for the hotel (10720 Cambie Rd, Richmond), and pick the "offers" tab.  Scroll down and you'll find the cruiseship package.

We had spent several days in Vancouver several years earlier so we were only looking for a place to put our heads for 1 night.  If we ever cruise out of Vancouver again we'd look to see if this hotel was still offering this package.

• Like 1

We will be cruising to Alaska in June and have reserved the Best Western Plus Sands near Stanley Park. The price seemed very reasonable for Vancouver and we like the location; and because it is only for one night I am not too concerned about comfort and amenities.

32 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

OUCH!!! Is there a convention or something in town for your date(s)?  Yes I'd be going to Auberge, too!

No idea.  When I checked earlier today after my prior post, the price had come down to less than $300 for a "basic" room.  I think we'll stick with the Auberge!  It is possible that I was too early for booking for October but I know it was under a year.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

56 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Just for the heck of it I priced the Pan Pacific for my September cruise.  The cheapest room is $354 and they don't even include breakfast.  No thanks.

So where did you book?  FWIW, the Auberge does not include breakfast, either.  I guess it did in the last year or two but no longer.  

8 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

So where did you book?  FWIW, the Auberge does not include breakfast, either.  I guess it did in the last year or two but no longer.  

I haven't booked anything yet, still looking. Most places we have booked elsewhere include breakfast, but I'm not finding that to be true in Vancouver (?) I don't mind when the price isn't high, but when it is...

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I haven't booked anything yet, still looking. Most places we have booked elsewhere include breakfast, but I'm not finding that to be true in Vancouver (?) I don't mind when the price isn't high, but when it is...

If you don’t have status they have a Stay for Breakfast rate at the Marriott Pinnacle. It’s within easy walking distance of the cruise port.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

If you don’t have status they have a Stay for Breakfast rate at the Marriott Pinnacle. It’s within easy walking distance of the cruise port.

Thank you but that one runs $100 more than the Pan Pacific for our dates 😞  We live within 2 hours of Vancouver, we may just drive up the morning of our cruise. 

17 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you but that one runs $100 more than the Pan Pacific for our dates 😞  We live within 2 hours of Vancouver, we may just drive up the morning of our cruise. 

Given the low risk of arriving same day for you, I'd be inclined to go 'cheap hotel only' or else just drive up early doors - there are some posters here who claim to live in Vancouver that might actually have a longer commute then you 😉

See if the Y has rooms available for your night (with the new tower open by August, there's a pretty durn good chance you should be able to find a room in Sep). With what you save on the room compared to PP pricing, you could afford to go for dinner somewhere swanky and also pay for breakfast before embarking. I'd go Blue Water and then Medina myself!

• Like 1