Longest non-repeat B2B Sequence?

cle-guy

Looking for some longer term cruises and wondering if anyone knows of any B2B combos that aren't too repetitive.  I don't mind origin/destination being the same or visiting a few places repeatedly among multiple legs.  Thinking South America or Asia Post/Pre repositioning.

5 weeks or longer.

4 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

Looking for some longer term cruises and wondering if anyone knows of any B2B combos that aren't too repetitive.  I don't mind origin/destination being the same or visiting a few places repeatedly among multiple legs.  Thinking South America or Asia Post/Pre repositioning.

5 weeks or longer.

Just off hand, Eclipse, Sept. 2021, start in Alaska,  then Hawaii, S. Pacific, N. Zealand,   right about 6 weeks, pretty much all new ports each day.  Sounds wonderful  

• Like 1

A couple that we have really enjoyed - 

Port Everglades to Buenos Aires through the Canal around the Horn and then on to BA. (4 weeks)

Alaska Cruise  Followed with Transpacific from Vancouver  and the Japanese Immersion Cruise.

Viet Nam Cruise followed with Singapore to Abu Dahbi and then Abu Dahbi to Rome  (I understand this years March Cruise will be the final one for this route)

• Like 2

We’ve done the Western Mediterranean plus a Transatlantic (Venice to Barcelona; Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale); an eastern Med (Rome-Rome including Greek Isles) then Rome to FLL. Each close to 4weeks.

You might consider a B2B or a single long cruise plus some time in one of the departure port areas; we did a week in Cornwall then at TA from Southampton to NYC and that was fun. 3+weeks. 

Upcoming is a Japan to Vancouver Transpacific with a great all-Japan cruise prior in 2021. 4 weeks.

And a great one we’d love would be from Miami/FLL through the Panama Canal and go to Chile, then you could do the Chile to Argentina! (Did that and going through the Beagle Channel is unbelievable);

or through the Panama Canal, then up the West Coast (overnight in San Fran!) and then an Alaska cruise. Now That would be a true mix of the Caribbean, the Canal, Mexico, US Pacific Coast cities and then Alaska.....wow! Not just a mix of different of ports, but very different venues! 

What you are looking for gives you so much flexibility. Heck, we did a Caribbean B2B (East then West) just to try the new Edge because the ports weren’t that important to us and that was great fun. 

Enjoy. You have soooooo many options.

Den

• Like 1

Transpacific Vancouver - Tokyo followed by Japan, Taiwan,  Vietnam then Vietnam & Thailand- B2B2B Beginning 9/2020- join us.

Also we have done Singapore- Philippines followed by Singapore -Abu Dhabi which was great. 

So many great options.  Iceland, Norway followed by the Baltic  

New Zealand followed by Australia

Maybe our favorite was Buenos Aires - Antarctica then Buenos Aires - Rio for Carnival

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Transpacific Vancouver - Tokyo followed by Japan, Taiwan,  Vietnam then Vietnam & Thailand- B2B2B Beginning 9/2020- join us.

Also we have done Singapore- Philippines followed by Singapore -Abu Dhabi which was great. 

So many great options.  Iceland, Norway followed by the Baltic  

New Zealand followed by Australia

Maybe our favorite was Buenos Aires - Antarctica then Buenos Aires - Rio for Carnival

We are also on the three cruises mentioned in Joan's first paragraph, as well as the Pacific Coastal one preceding them. 50 days abound the beautiful Eclipse. We are really looking forward to it.

We are also on the Solstice from February 4-March 6, 2021, bouncing around Australia, New Zealand, and many South Pacific islands. We will then spend three weeks on land in NZ, fly to Tahiti, and sail around Tahiti, then to Hawaii, then to California (on Oceania). 

We would love to sail all the way around South America someday (Princess does this). 

• Like 1

We did a 46-day B2B2B from Cape Canaveral to Los Angeles around Cape Horn. It was awesome. We embarked and disembarked in  US ports, so there were no long flights. I highly recommend an itinerary like this. Enjoy your planning!

• Like 2

Booked on Buenos Aires to Vancouver, around the horn 36 days.

Did Singapore to Vancouver through Australia, Pacific Islands 46 days

Hong Kong to Vancouver through Russia, Alaska 37 days.

CLE guy, you could get some great deals on the first one listed, right now.  It has been on exciting deals for weeks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Booked on Buenos Aires to Vancouver, around the horn 36 days.

Did Singapore to Vancouver through Australia, Pacific Islands 46 days

Hong Kong to Vancouver through Russia, Alaska 37 days.

CLE guy, you could get some great deals on the first one listed, right now.  It has been on exciting deals for weeks.

That one looks so great! Unfortunately, the dates don't work for us this year. We did the San Antonio to San Diego leg last year and LOVED it!

Given that we fly to embarkation ports, and for that matter, we fly out of disembarkation ports we almost always to at least B2Bs.  This fall we were on a B2B2B in Europe and our upcoming series will be a B2B2B2B.  A series with not much repetition is easy in Asia, South America and Europe.  

While it has been several years since I have asked, at least in the past, Celebrity has had lists of potential B2B2B series in the Future Cruise Office.  But we generally find a cruise we like and then check the itineraries for cruises before and after.  We also like trans-Pacific (we've done 4) and trans-Atlantic (we've done 5) cruises which makes a B2B2B series very easy.  

And in terms of repeating ports, there are several ports we love to repeat.  For example, last fall we repeated both Kotor and Dubrovnik on our B2B2B series; so much to do in both ports so repeating wasn't an issue.  Montevideo is also a favorite port to repeat as we go to the Mercado del Puerto for the wonderful food.  

There are also ports we particularly like as turnaround ports.  One of our favorites is Southhampton.  It was a turnaround port for all legs of a B2B2B2B several years ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MamaFej said:

We would love to sail all the way around South America someday (Princess does this). 

Forgot to add this information to my post above, and now I seem to be out of the time window to edit.  

I was talking to a future cruise sales manager on a Celebrity ship last summer and she pointed out that Azamara does a South America circle.  She showed me an itinerary for 2020. There are four legs, starting and ending in Miami, and if my memory is correct, the first leg left Miami on January 4th.  We are booked into the fall of 2021 but this series is something to consider for the future.  We found it very intriguing.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:55 PM, Jim_Iain said:

A couple that we have really enjoyed - 

Port Everglades to Buenos Aires through the Canal around the Horn and then on to BA. (4 weeks)

Alaska Cruise  Followed with Transpacific from Vancouver  and the Japanese Immersion Cruise.

Viet Nam Cruise followed with Singapore to Abu Dahbi and then Abu Dahbi to Rome  (I understand this years March Cruise will be the final one for this route)

Heartbroken to hear the Abu Dhabi to Rome route is ending.  I did this in 2018 and must have read your live blog 5 times in advance to prepare/impatiently pass the time waiting to board.  Completely loved it, might be my favorite cruise ever, and I had hoped to do this route on Celebrity again in the future.  Thank you for all the helpful info you provided in your live blog long ago!

Left MIA ON the ML  in mid October 2012.  Debarked the ML in the second week of February 2013 in Singapore.   Some repetition but still an exciting time.  Eight b2bs in verandas,  CC, Sky Suites and a CS.  After 2 months onboard it felt like home.and time flew by.

Edited by spencerdrivecruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips!

I've found a nice stretch on Sollouhette I'm going to follow.  

Jan 31-June 12 2021.  Los of South America, Transatlantic, Spain, France, Norway, Scandinavia, St. Petersburg Iceland & Ireland.

image.png

Edited by cle-guy
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, cle-guy said:

Thanks for the tips!

Jan 31-June 12 2021.  Los of South America, Transatlantic, Spain, France, Norway, Scandinavia, St. Petersburg Iceland & Ireland.

image.png

Just hope that the ships are sailing next year!

On 2/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, cle-guy said:

Thanks for the tips!

image.png

Hi Curt

That sounds amazing, looking forward to hearing all about it when you sail. 

• Thanks 1

Connie April 2021 Tampa to Barcelona overnight then to Venice. Fly from Venice to Gatwick. Spend about five days in the UK then on the Southampton to NYC on QM2. Time to spend in Venice and a few days in the UK. Lots of good ports along the way.