Free one scoop of gelato Captain's Club

yvrbos

49 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Is "specialty coffee" different from "premium coffee"? The Classic or Premium packages both list "premium", but I found no reference to "specialty."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf

Maybe they changed it now, but back about 4 years ago, I thought there were certain coffee that Classic package were not included.   I remember getting something for my wife (not Affogato) and my cousin wanted the same but she can't because she had Classic and we had Premium.   The water was different too at the time.  She can only get 16oz generic brand water and we get the big bottle of Evian water.

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

IMO----The line for Elite and above will be longer than the one for folks with lesser " status ".

LOL--- When we " graduated " to Elite we thought it was " really something " until we couldn't get a seat in the Sky Lounge 5 minutes after opening. 

I never said anything about waiting in a line. I said personal service. 🤣

OK I will state a food opinion.  Always dangerous! 😀 

I am surprised there is so much discussion here over a free scoop of mediocre gelato (and a very small scoop at that).  I do not feel that Celebrity gelato is much different than the always-free ice cream in the Oceanview Cafe.  It is called gelato but compared to real gelato served on land it is a poor substitute.  OK yes that is my opinion and my taste buds I guess.  Some of you might alternatively think it is the best you ever had.  By the way outside of just about anywhere in Italy where have I found the best gelato?  Croatia.  And Quebec City too.  Also had some pretty darn good gelato in Finland.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I am surprised there is so much discussion here over a free scoop of mediocre gelato (and a very small scoop at that).  I do not feel that Celebrity gelato is much different than the always-free ice cream in the Oceanview Cafe.  It is called gelato but compared to real gelato served on land it is a poor substitute.  OK yes that is my opinion and my taste buds I guess.  Some of you might alternatively think it is the best you ever had.  By the way outside of just about anywhere in Italy where have I found the best gelato?  Croatia.  And Quebec City too.  Also had some pretty darn good gelato in Finland.

I would say that you have refined taste buds.  We ate Gelato everyday when we visited Italy each time.  To be honest, I think store bought Haagen-Dazs ice cream tasted about the same other than Haagen-Dazs is sweeter.

3 minutes ago, lostchild said:

To be honest, I think store bought Haagen-Dazs ice cream tasted about the same other than Haagen-Dazs is sweeter.

I also find the Hagen Dazs Pralines n Cream flavor very similar to the Hazelnut gelato served onboard with less calories.

32 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

DH would rather have the ice cream in Oceanview than the gelato.  And Rick you are spot one . . . The gelato in Croatia 😍oh my!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I never said anything about waiting in a line. I said personal service. 🤣

LOL---- I assumed ( ?? )  when you said " Elite and above shouldn't have to wait in line at all " that you meant that you did have to wait in line. 

That's two misquotes in less than a week . Luckily , you don't hold grudges .

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bob brown said:

One small scoop offered on a two week long cruise?  Wow...how generous!

Sort of like offering you one complimentary potato chip...probably with the same result desired...😉

as long as the potato chip is wavy I am ok with that

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

as long as the potato chip is wavy I am ok with that

Anyway it's more like a bag of chips when you compare the price. 

And why are we talking about potato chips in a Gelato thread?

Edited by zitsky

I asked the F&B Dir On the last EQ cruise what happens to the Gelato when they cart it to the kitchen nightly.  He said they offer the open container Gelato to the crew and whats not eaten is tossed.  They make new Gelato daily.  It make no sense to me why they didnt have a fire sale nightly (50% off) but it was not an option.  Maybe in the future with this huge debt things will change.

I will share where we think the best gelato is .. Rome.. all made daily. My husband can't be bother to eat ice cream but we walked out of our way every day all week so we could both eat here  I think fig with caramel is the best!

Gelateria Romana Roma via Venti Settembre 60: tutto il buono del gelato nella tua città | Gelateria Romana