$56.01
+4.14 (+7.98 %)
(As of 06/1/2020 01:57 PM ET)

Market Capitalization$11.73 billion
P/E Ratio66.68
Dividend Yield6.01%
Beta2.48

Analyst's Opinion
Royal Caribbean Cruises has received a consensus rating of Hold. The company's average rating score is 2.47, and is based on 9 buy ratings, 7 hold ratings, and 1 sell rating.

• Price Target Upside/Downside

According to analysts' consensus price target of $87.18, Royal Caribbean Cruises has a potential upside of 55.6% from its current price of $56.01.

• Amount of Analyst Coverage

Royal Caribbean Cruises has been the subject of 12 research reports in the past 90 days, demonstrating strong analyst interest in this stock.

•  

In the past week four wall st firms cut their price targets on RCL to well below current price.  Today Morgan Stanley cut RCL to $33, expecting slower recovery and break-even EBITDA in 2021.  Goldman recently cut their price target to $40, JPM cut to $50 and Deutsche Bank to $36.

• Thanks 1

From Marketwatch here's Morgan Stanley analyst Rollo's logic for reducing RCL price target to $33:

Shares of cruise operators rallied Wednesday, reversing earlier losses, despite a bearish call from Morgan Stanley analyst Jamie Rollo, who said he believes the cruise industry will take longer than almost any other form of travel to return to normal, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.(NCLH) rose 3.7% in afternoon trading, after being down as much as 4.0% earlier in the session; Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.(RCL) gained 3.8%, after being down 2.5% at its intraday low; and Carnival Corp.(CCL) reversed an earlier loss of as much as 1.8% to trade up 2.2%. Rollo downgraded Norwegian to underweight from equal weight and trimmed his price target to $13, which is 27.5% below current levels, from $12. He also resumed coverage of Royal and Carnival with underweight ratings. "We model a return to operations in [the fourth quarter of 2020], but expect it will take 6 months for the industry to rehire crew and reposition ships, and we also assume 2021 revenue yields will be depressed by weak demand, travel uncertainty and the use of credits given on 2020 cancellations," Rollo wrote in a note to clients. He doesn't expects positive earnings per share until 2023 for the companies, and sees "no return" to 2019 EPS levels, as high cash burn and capital commitments mean debt leverage "has taken a permanent step up." Over the past month, Norwegian's stock has rallied 30.4% , Royal shares have advanced 42.6% and Carnival's stock has climbed 23.8%, while the S&P 500 has tacked on 10.2%.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:33 PM, davelinde said:

We own 100 shares each of RCL and Carnival - both offer shareholder benefits in the form of OBC.

^^This^^.  Buy with money you can afford to lose.  Keep it until you're no longer cruising.

19 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

From Marketwatch here's Morgan Stanley analyst Rollo's logic for reducing RCL price target to $33:

Shares of cruise operators rallied Wednesday, reversing earlier losses, despite a bearish call from Morgan Stanley analyst Jamie Rollo, who said he believes the cruise industry will take longer than almost any other form of travel to return to normal, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.(NCLH) rose 3.7% in afternoon trading, after being down as much as 4.0% earlier in the session; Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.(RCL) gained 3.8%, after being down 2.5% at its intraday low; and Carnival Corp.(CCL) reversed an earlier loss of as much as 1.8% to trade up 2.2%. Rollo downgraded Norwegian to underweight from equal weight and trimmed his price target to $13, which is 27.5% below current levels, from $12. He also resumed coverage of Royal and Carnival with underweight ratings. "We model a return to operations in [the fourth quarter of 2020], but expect it will take 6 months for the industry to rehire crew and reposition ships, and we also assume 2021 revenue yields will be depressed by weak demand, travel uncertainty and the use of credits given on 2020 cancellations," Rollo wrote in a note to clients. He doesn't expects positive earnings per share until 2023 for the companies, and sees "no return" to 2019 EPS levels, as high cash burn and capital commitments mean debt leverage "has taken a permanent step up." Over the past month, Norwegian's stock has rallied 30.4% , Royal shares have advanced 42.6% and Carnival's stock has climbed 23.8%, while the S&P 500 has tacked on 10.2%.

I never quite understood the analyst game.  I tend to mostly ignore them.

This is the only industry where analysts make predictions/calculations without being held accountable.  When proven to be wrong, they have the considerable gall to say it was the company that "missed."   And then the company's stock goes down.   whutttt?

Edited by mpk

😞

The face you make when you bought in at $34 in March.....got tired of watching it go up 4 then down 4 then up 5 then down 6 then up 7....so starting playing the up/down game and taking small bits of profit and realized if you had just left it alone you would have doubled your money today versus the 50% gain you have.

Still....been doing okay for me....but could have been so much better if I had learned how to be patient.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I should probably sell, the net profit would cover OBC for 25 cruises😉

Sadly I did a couple of months ago.  Who knew??!!   Just cancelled my $20 buy order, that ship has sailed, pun INTENDED

Edited by molly361

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Now at $66.  Who would have thought buying at $50 could have been a good deal?

I talked to Dan about buying it yesterday at $55  Told you I'm not very good at this stock stuff

• Like 1

Having unemployment go down rather dramatically given all 'analysts' expected it to go up higher again has spurred a lot of market activity and perhaps added a bit of confidence around the 'post covid19 rebound' that has been hotly debated in terms of will it be a V shape or a hockey stick shape....or somewhere in between

Edited by dodgestang

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Make sure you apply it to all your sailings first

Yea, I need to look into that. 👍

A couple are long ones, aren't those worth more?

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes another $2B bond sale.  Presumably keeps them with required cash until at least mid-2021 if operations do not resume until then.