⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Are you getting chocolates on your pillow?

i ask because I don’t recall getting them my last few Royal cruises. 

Cleaning out a drawer, I ran across a Ziplock bag of a dozen little square chocolates wrapped in silver with the Royal Caribbean logo. 

Surprise!

I guess I hid them from myself. 

Now I’m wondering how old they were. 

They went out in the garbage, but were probably fine to eat. 

No pillow chocolates, but I do have an awesome down pillow. 

Best beds we've had in forever

• Like 4

Day 5 Update

Our great weather continues.  Temps still around 68° in sunny skies.

al-day5-2.jpg

New course.  Staff Captain said they don't like some weather ahead of us so we are giving up on the great circle route and changing course.

al-day5-1.jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Rhumb line. Point and shoot.

Rhumb line would have a bearing of 87°.  We are running on a heading of 90° hugging the 34th parallel so I suspect they are going due East to stay under some weather that was projected to be in our path.  At some point we'll need to turn more Northerly.

Not sure if Im correct but i understand the ship is going into drydock when you get to europe. my question is if this is the case do you notice any difference in service or things available on board to be less or is there no difference. the reason im asking is im considering a transatlantic next year on harmony and she goes into drydock after she gets to europe next year. thanks in advance and loving your review.

7 minutes ago, blueboys24 said:

Not sure if Im correct but i understand the ship is going into drydock when you get to europe. my question is if this is the case do you notice any difference in service or things available on board to be less or is there no difference. the reason im asking is im considering a transatlantic next year on harmony and she goes into drydock after she gets to europe next year. thanks in advance and loving your review.

From my perspective the ship is 100%.  Someone mentioned seeing contractors board in Florida but I haven't seen them.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Day 5 Update

al-day5-2.jpg

New course.  Staff Captain said they don't like some weather ahead of us so we are giving up on the great circle route and changing course.

al-day5-1.jpg

the zig zag in the course was when we slowed for them to work on the stacks....just curious as to why it showed up like that. Anyone know?

CFA900FF-2726-4BB8-97AD-6809BAE76085.jpeg

1 minute ago, truffles2 said:

the zig zag in the course was when we slowed for them to work on the stacks....just curious as to why it showed up like that. Anyone know?

I would guess so the crew working on the stacks has the least amount of wind working against them.

3 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

They slowed and changed course.  This minimized any winds across the upper decks so workers could walk around near the stacks without having to deal with strong winds.  

Much like a helicopter evac they pick a speed and heading to create the desired effective wind across the deck.

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Day 5 Update

al-day5-2.jpg

al-day5-1.jpg

There is a coastal storm going up the eastern seaboard that is going to connect with a storm coming down from the Great Lakes off the coast of New England.  We're expecting about an inch of snow in Boston from the storm, so I expect that is what you are trying to avoid.  Pretty good size storm going up the coast.

The zig zag is to prevent soot from falling into the pool when they blow out the stacks. It's based on wind direction at the time.

(At least on the Symphony TA that was the given reason for the course deviation.)

Edited by Pratique
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, A&L_Ont said:

There’s a game that the “sensitive” should not play.  Wish I was there last night. 

On 3/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, John&LaLa said:

2am, spent the evening drinking Tito's and playing Cards Against Humanity.  Good times

First time I ever heard of that game was as a question (answer)on Jeopardy. 

This is the second time. 

It sounds scary!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

No, I mean why did it show on the course tracking as the zigzag

i.e. I know why they slowed but don’t know why it caused the change in the graph

They didn't just slow down.  They slowed down plus they changed course.  The ship turned to match the wind direction.  It was nearly imperceptible.  I didn't have sun on my balcony and then I did.  Once they fixed the metal on the stack we turned back to pick up our original route.  At that point I lost sun on my balcony.   

16 hours ago, Andy C said:

Loving this review and all those cocktails!  Brought a smile to my face.  

And a pain to your head !!!!  All drinks looked awesome but my limit would be 1 a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

Allure drydock will be much more extensive than Harmony's 

• Like 1