⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Being told there is no horseradish onboard, supplier issues. That's ridiculous.

I do seem to recall seeing some with our seafood tower on day 3. I guess I should have saved it.

was wondering why CK was being so stingy with it!  I always ask for extra with shrimp app and normally get a small dish full (not too much for me) but have only gotten  about a tablespoon so far

😳

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

With that being the rarest blood type, that is awesome to have that many that fast. Prayers for the recipient and blessings to the donors.  Also praying for Laura  to have a rapid full recovery so all of y'all can continue to have a wonderful cruise.  As the others have said, thank you for doing such a great job on this review and allowing us to "travel it" with you.

AB negative is the least common blood type. O negative is the universal donor which is why they were looking for it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hoping Laura feels better soon.

John, thank you so much for all the wonderful pics for our travel-along.  It has been amazing.  Twangster, loving everything you are adding as well.  BTW, I think 68 degrees sounds heavenly.  But, it's probably a bit breezy in the middle of the water. 

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

AB negative is the least common blood type. O negative is the universal donor which is why they were looking for it. 

You are absolutely correct. I was thinking that the recipient was 0- so could only be transfused with O-, making that more difficult to match.  Thanks for clarifying.  

4 hours ago, truffles2 said:

was wondering why CK was being so stingy with it!  I always ask for extra with shrimp app and normally get a small dish full (not too much for me) but have only gotten  about a tablespoon so far

😳

I'm going to investigate more.  I did get some Grey Poupon finally

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jk04 said:

Hoping Laura feels better soon.

John, thank you so much for all the wonderful pics for our travel-along.  It has been amazing.  Twangster, loving everything you are adding as well.  BTW, I think 68 degrees sounds heavenly.  But, it's probably a bit breezy in the middle of the water. 

No sun today makes it a little rough. Rain stopped

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm going to investigate more.  I did get some Grey Poupon finally

Thanks for the heads up on the horseradish.  First it was bring your own peppergrinders then limes and now this.  Off to the store to buy a new sealed jar to take with us next week on Anthem....maybe i should buy a few extras and see if Chops will trade me a lobster for them.😂

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does it need to be a male?

Antibodies develop when you are exposed to someone else's blood through transfusion, miscarriage, or childbirth.

It is likely Royal Caribbean requested males and will ask them their transfusion history. They will select one who has never been transfused themselves and are less likely to have antibodies that would react negatively with the patients blood cells. (cause a transfusion reaction) Women are more likely to have antibodies due to exposure to other blood groups during child birth.  I think they are going with the odds and hoping to have a successful crossmatch quickly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

Antibodies develop when you are exposed to someone else's blood through transfusion, miscarriage, or childbirth.

It is likely Royal Caribbean requested males and will ask them their transfusion history. They will select one who has never been transfused themselves and are less likely to have antibodies that would react negatively with the patients blood cells. (cause a transfusion reaction) Women are more likely to have antibodies due to exposure to other blood groups during child birth.  I think they are going with the odds and hoping to have a successful crossmatch quickly.  

Yes, considering the circumstances I would agree with your assessment.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

No horseradish would be a big problem for us.  We both eat it with our steak, not to mention, seafood.  Unforgivable 

Apparently there's a shortage these days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/11/08/horseradish-shortage-wisconsin-farm-affect-u-s-worlds-largest-producer/2531595001/

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the explanation of the male blood donor request.  Years ago we were on a cruise and they asked for certified donors, male only.  Not having any medical training, I wondered why male.   I even tried googling it and didn’t find an answer.  Now, after all those years, I understand.  Thanks!

• Like 1