⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

I would like to thank @twangster for his weather reports, pictures, and technical information. 👍

We actually had lunch together and did a block swap. Good times.

FWIW, I have a slightly different opinion of the weather. Its cold, and this ship isn't good for that. I did enjoy the afternoon sun on balcony, but I was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt.😉

Off to Giovanni's for dinner. Have to brave the CP weather to get there.🥶

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I have a slightly different opinion of the weather. Its cold, and this ship isn't good for that.

You can tell who is from Florida on this cruise, they are all wearing sweatshirts or sweaters.  🙂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I have a slightly different opinion of the weather. Its cold, and this ship isn't good for that. I did enjoy the afternoon sun on balcony, but I was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt.😉

The difference of getting the weather report from a Florida guy vs a Colorado guy. 😀

Is the weather expected to be consistent for the rest of the cruise?  Just wondering how crowded the outdoor areas are during the day, like the pool, Boardwalk and Central Park areas?  I would imagine Central Park is comfortable.

Also, how is the mostly-but-not-quite enclosed area like Solarium?

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I would like to thank @twangster for his weather reports, pictures, and technical information. 👍

We actually had lunch together and did a block swap. Good times.

Off to Giovanni's for dinner. Have to brave the CP weather to get there.🥶

Yes. Thanks @twangster for your posts and perspectives. I believe it adds to the live review. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Last week on Allure CP was windy and cool. We dined al fresco night 2 and needed a jacket. It will be glassed in, like CHOPS, after the amplification. Should be much nicer.

I didn't realize that they were enclosing Giovannis with glass. I really like the open feel and the glass will take some of that away. But sometimes the poor server can't deal with the wind blowing everything around, so we end up moving inside anyway, so maybe glass will be a good thing.

50 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I didn't realize that they were enclosing Giovannis with glass. I really like the open feel and the glass will take some of that away. But sometimes the poor server can't deal with the wind blowing everything around, so we end up moving inside anyway, so maybe glass will be a good thing.

I'm hoping it will be good. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished as they're also combining Vintages and Giovanni's. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is the weather expected to be consistent for the rest of the cruise?  Just wondering how crowded the outdoor areas are during the day, like the pool, Boardwalk and Central Park areas?  I would imagine Central Park is comfortable.

The biggest driver of temperature in the middle of the ocean is the sea.  Land heats up and cools down with the sun during the day, the sea doesn't so much.  Absent of land masses near us as we sail North and East the sea temperatures should be falling into the low 60's and I would expect air temperature will as well.  

We've been in between two systems that are moving across the Atlantic.  Our position between them has given us our sunny days up to this point.  The system to our North is sliding East and slightly North but we are approaching the tail of it as we move more Northerly and it advances on us.  That's probably what has caused the more cloudy conditions we had later in the day today.    

I'm expecting more cloudy conditions as it overtakes us.  I also think that's the weather system that prompted our course deviation.  That was probably to avoid worse sea conditions which we will probably get some of but much better than if we had stayed on our original track.  While we may be in better sea conditions I expect more cloud cover for the next few days.

However I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express recently so what do I know?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, twangster said:

You can tell who is from Florida on this cruise, they are all wearing sweatshirts or sweaters.  🙂 

I've seen puffer jackets🤣🤣🥶

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The difference of getting the weather report from a Florida guy vs a Colorado guy. 😀

Also, how is the mostly-but-not-quite enclosed area like Solarium?

CP is Miserable at night. In my opinion, people watching piano guy are shivering. 

No one outside for Johnny Rockets in the morning.

I think someone told me the suite/Pinnacle party got moved from sundeck to Solarium and it was still miserable 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

John, you didn’t mention anything about the boarding process.  How did that go ?

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

Luggage did not stay with us

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

Luggage did not stay with us

Out of the 6 or 7 SC cruises we have been on, the embarkation luggage has been a consistently disappointing element.  That’s why I insist that our luggage remain with us now.  Sorry your experience wasn’t any better.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Enjoying the facilities more than the perks to tell you the truth

And I bet you miss Bella.

Try to enjoy perks since you PAID for it. I am an inside room person who goes on 5 different cruise line.

I do not drink and I am just a Diamond level so I feel like I would not fit it on this cruise.

For me I love making my own salad in buffet and just enjoying view of water. 

Hey amazed Twangster is on your cruise since he was just on Ovation. Nice of you to share post and nice of him to share photos.

Too bad the ugly pink slide is coming to the rear end of the boardwalk. Oh well.

Lastly, please hope the best for my upcoming May 8th cruise on Vision of Seas. Hope I get to see Cinque Terre and Venice. CNN is having a town hall right now on virus.

• Like 3