Cancel or Go? For sailings between now and July 30, 2020?

Sam.Seattle

Cancel or Go (for people with valid cruises book from now through July 30, 2020)  

688 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go or cancel your valid booked cruise between now and July 30, 2020?

• I am going to cancel and forefit any deposits and payments.
    • Count me in! I am going as long as Celebrity does not cancel.
    • I am so confused I can't make a decesion yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2020 at 11:18 PM

20 minutes ago, danalea1980 said:

I spoke to celebrity today and they are offering 100 percent FCC for cruises booked from April- July.  We are booked on the Edge in April . She said we needed to rebook  within the year or we would loose it. I think that's appropriate. I would call back and speak to someone else. 

Did they say how long you had to cancel prior to sailing date? This will make me much more comfortable making my final payment, if it extends to my cruise.

13 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Did they say how long you had to cancel prior to sailing date? This will make me much more comfortable making my final payment, if it extends to my cruise.

Up to 48 hours prior to sailing date.

You get a 100% Future Cruise Credit for any penalties.

You then have 1 year from the date of issue to use the FCC to book another Celebrity cruise departing by December 31, 2021.

5 minutes ago, AdGuyMG said:

Up to 48 hours prior to sailing date.

You get a 100% Future Cruise Credit for any penalties.

You then have 1 year from the date of issue to use the FCC to book another Celebrity cruise departing by December 31, 2021.

I found the policy.  VERY happy with this change and now I will definitely make my final cruise payment at the end of the month.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for posting this. It is a huge relief. We are booked on the Solstice out of Seattle on May 29 and we are at less than 90 days. I made final payment in January. We were just talking this morning about how we are at 75% refund now if we cancel, soon to be 50% in a few days. Knowing that we can wait to see how things play out is great. We want to go to Alaska, so a FFC is fine by us, and  if we end up not going this year, we will go next year. And we used points to buy our plane tickets, so we just have to pay a redeposit fee if we don't use them. 

At this point we are going to wait and see how it goes. I'm less concerned with getting sick myself, as I am healthy and so is hubby, but I am worried that in case someone else gets sick , it means quarantine and we are stuck. I am a faculty member at a large university and we are making contingency plans for what happens if we have to close down. They are already cancelling all travel and telling us that personal travel to an affected area means we have to self quarantine when we get back. Right now that's only a few countries, but if it continues to spread, it many involve locations within the US.  Or if there is a case on campus we might all be quarantined, and can't travel at all. The situation is very fluid and I'm glad that I don't have to make a decision today about what may or may not happen 2-3 months down the road. 

As you know we are going on 3 cruises in the Caribbean starting with the 3/14 Equinox. 

I take all the official communication communications seriously and try to sluff off all fear mongering that's going on here on CC and FB.   It may be that even though I'm a senior I'm in excellent health and do not have any of the high risk that are part of the warnings. 

We will be flying to Florida a week from today and I've already started packing. 

• Like 2

I agree....thanks so much for posting that.  Right now, my husband's work has issues with traveling to Italy.  We booked this last July and we are trying to hold out hope, but when you are looking at better than 10K that you are spending on a dream trip not to be able to see the places you have wanted to see, it's not an easy thing.  Our final payment for our trip is in a few weeks and the paper laying on my table from my husband's job has had me pretty well worked up.  I feel better knowing that I can book for the future.

Edited by islandgirlejfan

9 minutes ago, islandgirlejfan said:

I agree....thanks so much for posting that.  Right now, my husband's work has issues with traveling to Italy.  We booked this last July and we are trying to hold out hope, but when you are looking at better than 10K that you are spending on a dream trip not to be able to see the places you have wanted to see, it's not an easy thing.  Our final payment for our trip is in a few weeks and the paper laying on my table from my husband's job has had me pretty well worked up.  I feel better knowing that I can book for the future.

My work might want qt as well but I can work from home. I would probably take my work laptop on the trip in case something happened overseas!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pickels said:

Who's going to cruise the Caribbean this month?  Concerned about going?  Have any issues about all this Corona stuff?

Appreciate your opinions!:classic_unsure:

We are. March 28th and April 4th. We'll continue practicing the same precautions we do everyday and when traveling and hope for the best. For us the new bug of the year has nothing to do with how we travel or changing what we always have done and still do. The only thing different we are going to do on this cruise is no longer do the fist bump. Stopped shaking hands and giving high fives years ago. 

Edited by davekathy

Board Equinox tomorrow.  Am I concerned about the virus, yes.  Does it currently impact my travel plans or cause me to want to change them, no.  At this point I think certain parts of the world should be avoided and extra caution is needed everywhere.

While I board I plan to be extra vigilant in cleaning my hands/face.  I may also avoid the Oceanview Cafe as I generally question the hygiene of fellow passengers on a good day 😛

Hoping for the best.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, danalea1980 said:

I spoke to celebrity today and they are offering 100 percent FCC for cruises booked from April- July.  We are booked on the Edge in April . She said we needed to rebook  within the year or we would loose it. I think that's appropriate. I would call back and speak to someone else. 

We are sailing tomorrow. We are at the too bad, too sad period of March 6 - March 31st. 

4 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

We are sailing tomorrow. We are at the too bad, too sad period of March 6 - March 31st. 

It doesn't help you, but it would help others that leave this month.  Where are you cruising to?

6 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

I think Celebrity are giving a Future Cruise Credit to anyone who cancels 48 hours in advance of a sailing between now and June or July. This will help a lot of people.

7 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

You need to call them.  It was posted elsewhere that someone leaving tomorrow was able to get a full refund in the form of FCC.
Clearly they are bending over backwards to accommodate customers at this point.  

I'm not scared of getting the virus or missing ports.  I am concerned about winding up like the Grand Princess cruisers who are now quarantined in their cabins....some missing meals that are now delivered to cabins with no straight answers and no idea when or where they will be able to debark.

• Like 1

Where does the April 1st date apply? According to the RCCL Group notice, it says all cruises sailing before July 31, 2020 are eligible for the FCC refund. We are sailing on March 23rd and we planning to take advantage of this offer. I would be really annoyed if we are not able to.

6 minutes ago, barb-ottawa said:

Where does the April 1st date apply? According to the RCCL Group notice, it says all cruises sailing before July 31, 2020 are eligible for the FCC refund. We are sailing on March 23rd and we planning to take advantage of this offer. I would be really annoyed if we are not able to.

As far as I know, it would include everyone who is leaving at least 48 hours from now.

6 minutes ago, barb-ottawa said:

A poster above says they spoke to Celebrity today and they said it applies to sailings from April 1st to July 31st. I hope not !

The statement definitely does not say that and others have gotten the FCC for March sailings.