Cancel or Go? For sailings between now and July 30, 2020?

Sam.Seattle

Cancel or Go (for people with valid cruises book from now through July 30, 2020)  

688 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go or cancel your valid booked cruise between now and July 30, 2020?

• I am going to cancel and forefit any deposits and payments.
    • Count me in! I am going as long as Celebrity does not cancel.
    • I am so confused I can't make a decesion yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2020 at 11:18 PM

Coronavirus news is the leading story this week.  I am curious what us folks holding valid cruise reservations are doing?

I am booked for an April sailing and at this moment plan on going!  What about the rest you Celebrity cruisers?

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

To many variables.  when is cruise? When is final payment? Where is the cruise going?   Pre or post cruise travel plans associated with the cruises? age or Underlying health issues.  

We, too, have an upcoming cruise in April. At the moment I am more concerned about transportation to the port. Flying for hours in a confined space with others who may, or may not, have had contact with others who might be ill, is a little scary.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 5

I’m hoping that by Aug 1st all this will have blown over.

If not, I will allow Celebrity to refund me 100% + I will happily take a FCC.

However, I do not have air to take into consideration.

BTW, I have personally heard of 5 people who have had Urinary Tract infections since November. Never ever heard of so many during one winter.

we're on the 8 night May 21st Solstice out of Vancouver.   We fly up to Vancouver a week before for pre cruise stay.  No plans to change anything right now, however, I'm glad we booked our flights through Celebrity as I'm wondering if this cruise will still end in Seattle or if it will become a RT out of Vancouver.  

July cruise out of Venice. I have a month before final payment. I’d still lose air/hotel package though. I’m leaning towards going but have warmed my daughter it may not happen. We are not in a high risk group (I wouldn’t cancel for a flu outbreak and for us, the numbers are similar). But I worry about missing ports or everything being shut down. I’m hoping that in a month, it’s either looking better in Italy or celebrity extends the final payment date.

• Like 1

I have a TA scheduled from ft lauderdale to Dublin on April 24, from Dublin I am flying to Zurich where I am scheduled to begin a 12 day train journey through Switzerland, then flying home from Zurich. Everyday I am more and more anxious about this trip, I cannot get reimbursed unless the travel companies ie: Celebrity, vacations by rail decide to cancel, my insurance does not cover pandemics.  This is not a cheap trip, I feel right now I am at the mercy of the travel companies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Coronavirus news is the leading story this week.  I am curious what us folks holding valid cruise reservations are doing?

I am booked for an April sailing and at this moment plan on going!  What about the rest you Celebrity cruisers?

Thanks for posting. I do not know. My problem is my DW not willing in the situation today to travel to Italy. The reason is because our health insurance excludes travel to Level 3 alert countries.

• Like 2

We canceled our mid April cruise on MSC out of Barcelona but replaced it with the Reflection out of Miami. Our concern was not so much catching the virus as much as the possibility of a full ship quarantine so far from home and the possibility of ports being closed. We plan to go forward with the Reflection in April.

• Like 2

Some people on one of my roll calls are cancelling but, not us.  Our sailing isn't in Asia or Italy ... none of the ports in the US are experiencing an actual 'outbreak'.  Too much fear from all different sources over the Coronavirus.  I'm taking the advice from the CDC to practice good hand hygiene and I will just insist on a table for two, which I do when I'm on a cruise with a lot of people coughing and sneezing anyway.  I will probably take a few extra doses of Airborne throughout the sailing ... all should be fine.  

• Like 1

We're less than 30 days away from a repo through the MiddleEast to Athens.  Egypt excursions were canceled by the cruise line vendor due to security concerns tied to Coronavirus.  Another excursion in Jordan was cancelled also - no explanation why.  Afraid it will turn into a 17 day cruise to nowhere in particular.  Want the cruse line to waive their penalties and just give us a credit for future use - I will consider losing the $2k in air and penalty just for the peace of mind because my employer has told me if I pass through any hotspots at all I have to self quarantine for 2 weeks when I return. No hot spots yet but the cruise doesn't end until 45 days from now and a lot can change by then.

We'll just keep using the same precautions we always do in the airports, on the plane, ground transportation, hotels, restaurants, on the ship, in port and etc... and hope for the best. We don't plan on cancelling any of our other cruises or other travels for this year. We don't live in a bubble. 

• Like 3

So far we are planning to go on the Infinity crossing in April. My husband is 93 and has AFIB which is stable and a pacemaker. I am 83 in good health. With all the precautions and cleaning on the ship it will probably be safer than walking around the supermarket. My husband might decide to stay home but I would still go with our friends. I still have to talk to Ontario Blue Cross our insurance provider to see if they are covering the virus.

OntarioCruiser

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

We are sailing March 9...…...and going...…..trying to stay healthy until then!

• Like 1

We just flew home from a Caribbean cruise on Sunday. I worried some before the cruise, but now that we are back, I realize that, at this point, the hysteria is unnecessary, at least for cruises in this region. Needless to say, passengers who’ve been in China and other affected countries in the last few weeks were banned from boarding, and anybody with any known respiratory illness or fever had to go through secondary medical screening before being allowed to board. Interestingly, I didn’t hear a single cough or sniffle from fellow passengers during the entire week! 

We’ll see how things develop in the upcoming months, but at this point in time we are not canceling another cruise that we have planned for later this year. 

• Like 2