CDC recommends no gatherings of 50+ for 8 weeks

jknc

California Governor Gavin Newsom has called for the temporary closure of all bars and wineries throughout the state. As well as suggested home isolation of everyone 65 and older due to the coronavirus.

The restrictions on older Californians is due to the fact that they are the group most at-risk for the disease.

In addition, Newsom said all restaurants should reduce capacity by half and provide enough space social distancing. 

Finally, Newsom said there would be no more hospital visits unless it was "end of life."

https://www.foxla.com/news/california-governor-calls-for-closure-of-all-bars-and-wineries

30 minutes ago, gold said:

I don’t see anyway the govt let’s them go bankrupt

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess we will find out. 

At the end of the day a cruise is a luxury item, nothing like the auto industry and banks we bailed out years ago. 

42 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

It says it doesn't apply to businesses... so what does that mean? Large big box retailers like Kohls & Lowes, do they shut down?

It doesn't sound like it.  The first paragraph defines what they mean by "large events and mass gatherings", which is what they are recommending against.

Edited by time4u2go

54 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

It says it doesn't apply to businesses... so what does that mean? Large big box retailers like Kohls & Lowes, do they shut down?

Businesses are choosing to close on their own.  Lands End stores, Columbia Sports, Nike, Apple, Lush Cosmetics, Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie and Fitch and others have all announced they are closing until further notice.

• Thanks 1

I live in Pennsylvania and we have been in state of emergency for a couple of days now.  Our Governor has asked for non essential businesses to close. 

Courts have shutdown.  Doctors office cancelled my 6 month checkup.

Majority of our liquor stores closed today with a couple in each county open till 9 pm monday.  Then closed till further notice.  

I was at my local ace hardware and lowes today looking for a part for faucet.  I asked both of these stores if they will be closing in coming days and both said No they will have skeleton screws for those in need of home repair items.

I went for mani-pedi on friday and they will be closing too.  Hopefully they re-open by the time I need my nails done again!!

I have my fridge freezer and pantry full stocked.

I am so thankful that we got to do a 3 week b2b in january.  I still miss my omelet guy and mojito guy.  

If we stop the spread as soon as possible the sooner we can all cruise again!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Newleno said:

CDC is recommending this but yet airlines are still flying, filthy airlines, people all crammed together.  Airlines definitely the superspreader.

Um, people aren’t exactly “crammed together” on most flights of late. My husband had 5 other people on his flight from NYC on Monday. Friday there were 124 open seats when he flew down to Orlando. 

Now the dumbass who flew from FL to NY and back to FL while suspecting and then knowing he had CV.... that’s a different story. 

• Like 1

Um, people aren’t exactly “crammed together” on most flights of late. My husband had 5 other people on his flight from NYC on Monday. Friday there were 124 open seats when he flew down to Orlando. 

Now the dumbass who flew from FL to NY and back to FL while suspecting and then knowing he had CV.... that’s a different story. 
Jet Blue has banned him for life. Hope the rest of the Airlines follow, just like cruise lines who ban passengers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My son and future daughter in law were out looking for wedding venues. One popular venue told them if they want to get married in the next few weeks it would be $20 dollars a plate. Lunch in a diner on Long Island will run you $15. People are canceling their weddings  This venue is booked until March 2022. All public schools are closed on Long Island for 2 weeks and NYC schools will be closed until April 20th with a possibility of not opening for the rest of the school year.

52 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Jet Blue has banned him for life. Hope the rest of the Airlines follow, just like cruise lines who ban passengers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good. This is why public places need to close. People are so selfish and you know they are worse on a cruise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Newleno said:

CDC is recommending this but yet airlines are still flying, filthy airlines, people all crammed together.  Airlines definitely the superspreader.

People who were traveling need to get home. A cruise isn’t a necessity or a means of transportation. They have also contributed to the spread of the virus.  Many flights have been canceled so the airlines are only flying out of necessity.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

People who were traveling need to get home. A cruise isn’t a necessity or a means of transportation. 

Got home in 2018 by cruising from Dubai to NYC, seemed to be a means of transportation.

11 hours ago, gold said:

I don’t see anyway the govt let’s them go bankrupt

Not trying to contrary, but I thought I read that Royal is incorporated overseas and doesn’t pay US taxes....not sure that makes them a candidate for any US bailout.

• Like 4