Letter from Mike B

At 5:45 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time received a letter from the big Mike B, obviously a form letter, apologizing for being another corporate letter in my inbox.  Said he was happy to receive my encouraging emails recently.  Glad to know he was encouraged by my cancelling my September cruises on Radiance before final payment.  Also requested refund of prepaid gratuities and shores excursions for our May sailings, waiting for RCI to cancel the cruises so I get cash, not FCC.  Said my letters were inspiration to the whole crew at RCI, assured me that soon I will be enjoying Oasis class ships again and the fun days at Coco Cay

I have never sailed an Oasis class ship, only stop at the private island was cancelled because of high winds.  I did enjoy the day at sea instead.  He said operations are suspended indefinitely, so I am guessing he was telling me it is beyond 4/12/20 but does not know when cruises will start again.  Anyone else get this letter, or am I special?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the letter, for those that didn't receive it 

spacer.gif
Crown and Anchor Logo
spacer.gif
From the desk of
Michael Bayley
President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International
spacer.gif
Dear JEFFERY,

Your inbox is full of emails from various companies, and I debated adding to that.
But as Royal Caribbean has processed the thousands of emails, calls and messages about cruise cancellations around the world, one continued trend has kept us going. That’s the outpouring of support from our Crown & Anchor Society members and guests. I wanted to reach out to say thank you for that, from the entire Royal Caribbean family.

Your words of encouragement and the memories you’ve been sharing have been uplifting to our employees during these times — and I hope you have found something positive in them too. Like throwback posts about your past Royal Caribbean vacations and how you can’t wait to get back to Oasis Class, Perfect Day at CocoCay, and everywhere else you have traveled with us. And your many wishes that we’ll be back in operation for milestones like birthdays and anniversaries. Thank you for continuing to consider us for your special moments. We are privileged to serve you.

Suspending our entire operation, while an extremely hard and stunning decision to make, was the clear choice. The whole world is grappling with the unprecedented. We all must do everything we can to contain this virus.

Royal Caribbean has a history of supporting communities in tough times, weathering the storm — sometimes, literal hurricanes — to come out stronger and wiser. Many of you have been through it with us. There’s a destination waiting on the other side of this, and I can’t wait to get there — together.

Stay safe everyone.

Michael
spacer.gif
Michael Bayley
spacer.gif
Michael Bayley
President & CEO
Royal Caribbean International
spacer.gif
Royal Caribbean
spacer.gif
You received this message because you provided your e-mail address to Royal Caribbean. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add royalcaribbeaninternationalsalespromotion‌@rccl.com to your address book. If you do not wish to receive any further communications from Royal Caribbean, please click here.

© ‌2020‌ Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas. All rights reserved • 20073055
spacer.gif
open.aspx?ffcb10-fe601571726304797012-fdf810717c64007b76127675-fe9415737666017570-fec7157371600c79-fe1711767c6c0175771178-ff981675

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would not read into anything. When its cancelled/suspended there will be a post on here. I have a cruise in april as well. If its cancelled its cancelled. Cruising is a luxury. When it resumes ill sail. More important things. Eat well and exercise! 

• Like 2

......I’ve got it too....

......useless bs to try to get us stay loyal to Royal....

.....in my case I would love to hear from Celebrity...

They said you will 25%....

Well, I’m in Norway and we got only 20%, and they cancelled our cruise...

I’m not going to be loyal to any cruise of them this Christmas because the cruise prices from both RCCL and Celebrity is through the roof.....

Edited by MSH from Norway
Spelling

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

"Suspending our entire operation, while an extremely hard and stunning decision to make, was the clear choice. "

That line kinda scared me, ..the 30 days already in place? What ....

Me too... Looking for other source/interpretations of this line...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

"Suspending our entire operation, while an extremely hard and stunning decision to make, was the clear choice. "

That line kinda scared me, ..the 30 days already in place? What ....

The use of the word "was" indicated to me. They are referring to the current suspension. 

• Like 4

Dear Mike,

Since you appreciate us so much, remember that beautiful diamond lounge on Oasis with its great views that is now a windowless room several deck below where it was? Lets talk about that.....

Yes, I received the letter earlier this evening.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

If that line just referred to cancelling for 30 days I think the wording wouldnt have been so deliberately vague. We have to assume hes a smart man and if that's all he meant would have said so.

.... more bad news coming. Is how I read it.

• Like 1

Don't know criteria.  I have sent many emails concerning the RCI cancellation of 2/24/20 Quantum and getting some money for cancelled airline tickets.  Also cancelled 2 September cruises, requested refund of prepaid expenses on two May cruises.  Never sent any messages to Mike. 

9 hours ago, KelJ said:

We got it too. Scheduled to sail April 12th on Anthem TA.  We’ve never sailed Oasis class.  Just tell us if it’s freaking canceled!

Have you ever sailed Quantum class, @KelJ?  That is what Anthem belongs to. 

😊

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

😊

I believe he was commenting that the letter is welcoming him back to Oasis class ships when in reality he never sailed on one, just like me.

Vacuous nonsense that supplies customers and staff with no news at all

RCI have my money, I know full well my government will not allow me to go, and so do RCI, but nothing, just nothing

Good luck to all the cheerleaders though, enjoy your gushing over the multi-billion dollar company that is earning interest on millions of dollars that it has no right to

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

😊

Yes, Carol, I know. And, yes, I have. I guess Michael has me confused with someone else. (It’s a dig at how “personal” the letter is.) 

Edited by KelJ
  • Haha 1

I got the letter also. It's just a generic thank you to Crown & Anchor members much like all the other emails we're probably all getting from companies. And I did not think at all that the 'you' he was referring to was me specifically...he is talking about you in the familiar as he outlines the various things they've heard from people  that they enjoy about RC