P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

My GP phoned me late afternoon, I was very surprised to hear from him.  He said he was doing an audit of heart patients and wanted to check I was taking my daily aspirin! It’s not on my prescription anymore, I hadn’t noticed! The first time I took my prescription to the chemist they advised me it was much cheaper to buy it - I think it’s 79p instead of the £8+ prescriptions are now!

He said he thought I probably bought it but wanted to check.I thanked him for checking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My GP phoned me late afternoon, I was very surprised to hear from him.  He said he was doing an audit of heart patients and wanted to check I was taking my daily aspirin! It’s not on my prescription anymore, I hadn’t noticed! The first time I took my prescription to the chemist they advised me it was much cheaper to buy it - I think it’s 79p instead of the £8+ prescriptions are now!

He said he thought I probably bought it but wanted to check.I thanked him for checking.

That's good he checked.

My 75mg Aspirin is for life after my mild heart attack.

Graham.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

My mam and dad stayed there a couple of years then moved to Farringdon a new council estate that had just been built in 1958

I hope everyone is pleasant today at the vaccine centre.

5°C here with rain then snow forecast.

Pauline just put my first 3 drops in my eye this morning and now she has just brought me my breakfast porridge in bed.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham x.

Make the most of this pampering Graham, and I hope your recovery is progressing well. John, 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

she has just brought me my breakfast porridge in bed.

That woman spoils you Graham :classic_smile:

We have got 5.c very dull and raining this morning .

Also having porridge and a nice hot cuppa to follow with a crumpet & slice of wholemeal toast ,

kindly all made by Mrs K  :classic_love: .   This is the life :classic_smile:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

That woman spoils you Graham :classic_smile:

We have got 5.c very dull and raining this morning .

Also having porridge and a nice hot cuppa to follow with a crumpet & slice of wholemeal toast ,

kindly all made by Mrs K  :classic_love: .   This is the life :classic_smile:  

👍We would look after them if they were poorly.

It is nice though.🤓

• Like 2

Nice misty walk this morning and I saw my first Goldcrest, about 2 feet away, amazing little bird and according to my bird book Europe's smallest bird. 🙂

Then the bad bit my mouse stopped scrolling, multiple swearing etc etc and I eventually found my spare one, why is it I put these things in a safe place and promptly forget where I put them 😵

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Then the bad bit my mouse stopped scrolling, multiple swearing etc etc and I eventually found my spare one, why is it I put these things in a safe place and promptly forget where I put them 😵

You never stated if it was a wired mouse like I use . :classic_unsure:

I had my mouse stop working a couple of times in the last month ,all I did was unplug it 

and on reconnection it was fine again. I put it down to some update issue .

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

You never stated if it was a wired mouse like I use . :classic_unsure:

I had my mouse stop working a couple of times in the last month ,all I did was unplug it 

and on reconnection it was fine again. I put it down to some update issue .

Yes, a USB optical and I ranted about microsoft playing their funny games. The replacement is a USB optical as well and works just fine, thinks, I might invest some of the vast fortune accrued by not cruising in another spare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Nice misty walk this morning and I saw my first Goldcrest, about 2 feet away, amazing little bird and according to my bird book Europe's smallest bird. 🙂

Co incidentally 2 friends today have reported seeing a Goldcrest in their gardens this morning.We see quite a lot of Goldfinches but I can't remember seeing a Goldcrest.Its a pity that the RSPB Birdwatch weekend wasn't today  as there are a lot of birds in our garden today whereas last weekend there were very few,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve just looked outside my front door and the daffs are out! Even if they’re covered in snow tomorrow 😞

73136D34-3447-48A8-91B7-7C9E33B894B4.jpeg

How lovely. They seem to appear earlier every year. As a child in the 60s and 70s, I remember my mother trying to force open a few lone daffodils for us to wear for Dydd Gwyl Dewi (March 1st). No need to do that nowadays! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

All these men being pampered by their wives in the morning. I am the breakfast king in our house, tea, porridge, rich tea biscuits and a piece of fruit, always done it because I am always up first  !

Nice breakfast Bob .Same as you I used to be first up 4am for work . The trouble was 

when on holiday I could be found roaming the cruise ships at 5am filming them as it

came natural to wake up at that time .

If you want to join us in the pampered club I suggest in the morning giving your loved 

one a gentle nudge and asking ...ermm :classic_unsure:  On second thoughts ,scrap that idea it's 

very nice that first cuppa on your own in the morning :classic_smile:

• Like 3

Raining quite hard here in Bolton and has been overnight. This is a problem for us at the moment. 6 years ago we had our glass conservatory roof replaced with a solid one. There are 4 large Velux windows in the roof and last week one of them started leaking. We had to move the dining table to the lounge end and the floor is now covered in towels and a bowl under the leak. The ceiling around window has some damage. The 10 year guarantee covers the windows but, to cut a long story short, the company that did the roof and Velux arguing about who should take responsibility. On the positive side, the forecast for the next few days here is quite good (snow is not shown for us). Even better news, my 67 year old husband has got his vaccination on Tuesday. You have to take the positives where you can in these crazy times. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nice breakfast Bob .Same as you I used to be first up 4am for work . The trouble was 

when on holiday I could be found roaming the cruise ships at 5am filming them as it

came natural to wake up at that time .

If you want to join us in the pampered club I suggest in the morning giving your loved 

one a gentle nudge and asking ...ermm :classic_unsure:  On second thoughts ,scrap that idea it's 

very nice that first cuppa on your own in the morning :classic_smile:

I love going on deck on a sea day early for a nice cup of tea, especially if its calm and warm, bliss.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Raining quite hard here in Bolton and has been overnight. This is a problem for us at the moment. 6 years ago we had our glass conservatory roof replaced with a solid one. There are 4 large Velux windows in the roof and last week one of them started leaking. We had to move the dining table to the lounge end and the floor is now covered in towels and a bowl under the leak. The ceiling around window has some damage. The 10 year guarantee covers the windows but, to cut a long story short, the company that did the roof and Velux arguing about who should take responsibility. On the positive side, the forecast for the next few days here is quite good (snow is not shown for us). Even better news, my 67 year old husband has got his vaccination on Tuesday. You have to take the positives where you can in these crazy times. 

Oh my - good luck with everything Jennizor

We’ve got another of those “nearly-Spring” days, which we’re making the most of before whatever the weather is due to throw at us.  It might be good if the fields get frozen - poor pup looked like a walking mud clump on the way back from her play with (boisterous) friends.  Another bath!  Keeping a low profile now - Spot the Dog, as it were 

42826A6E-0DCF-4EEC-859F-0BD861A6E4CD.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Oh no! Hope it gets sorted soon. Good news about your husband’s vaccine. My husband is 60 so hopefully his turn is getting closer!

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

How lovely. They seem to appear earlier every year. As a child in the 60s and 70s, I remember my mother trying to force open a few lone daffodils for us to wear for Dydd Gwyl Dewi (March 1st). No need to do that nowadays! 

As a child I’m sure I never saw them before March even here in the South East. Last few years have been February though.

• Like 1