P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Off on our beano to "Margit" today,staying in the Walpole Bay hotel and meeting our local friends for lunch and dinner.

Have a good time bro. I know it's not Calabria, but it's better than nothing the way things are at the moment😉

Sis

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Have a good time bro. I know it's not Calabria, but it's better than nothing the way things are at the moment😉

Sis

Cheers sis,our friends are chomping at the bit to get back also.Looks like we will go early July.We're moving my BIL from Canvey to Upminster at the end of the month.He lost his wife after Christmas and seems to have early dementure setting in.Be good to get him local,cheers,bro.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone :classic_smile: Reading about the city people who seem shocked that 

the countryside has animals and cow muck and the nearest Waitrose is miles miles

away . I agree what did they expect ,a leading part in Emmerdale ? :classic_unsure: Some around 

here think they live in the great outdoors with their choice of vehicle, a great big warrior

or Range Rover Discovery which comes in handy when they need the local supermarkets

or kids school which are within a mile of them . I suppose they come into their own though

when tackling our local pot holes. It's not just the countryside though you only have to

watch the TV show A Place In The Sun ! Most of the participants seem to be of an age 

where looking at them they are going to need a Doctor sooner than later as posted earlier

in this thread . They don't speak the lingo, have no friends or family out there and they

would like to plunge all of their life savings 50K into some old goat shed that the presenter 

tells them find another 10K from somewhere and it could be habitable once more :classic_mellow:

What are these people thinking ?  :classic_unsure: The clue is there when the presenter tells them  that 

the current owner may take offers of 30K as due to ill health (there's the clue ) they want 

to sell up ASAP and head home to old Blighty and our NHS. Old Judy got it right ........

There's no place like home !   It's not all that bad sometimes the countryside comes to us.

I wonder how many brothers & sisters and other family that rabbit in Grahams back  garden

has got ? :classic_unsure:Looks cute ! Pauline could find she has a little helper as it helps with trimming

the plants back and digging a few holes here and there .:classic_wink: I thought I saw a gang of rabbits

in our garden and they were all hopping  backwards but I was mistaken ,turned out to be a

receding Hare-line .:classic_rolleyes: Do you know Some rich and famous people  have rabbits as pets .

Elton John has one and he bought it it's very own treadmill... 🎶 It's A Little Fit Bunny 🎶 :classic_biggrin:

Where ever you are or go today , stay safe :classic_love:

Our son and DIL live in a small farming village in Lincolnshire. There's a  beck that runs along the bottom of the garden, and they have  ducks wandering around their garden all the time. They can cause a bit of a mess sometimes, but as he says, it's all part of country living.

Avril

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Off on our beano to "Margit" today staying in the Walpole Bay hotel and meeting our local friends for lunch and dinner.

Have a great time Brian  When I was younger we went to Margate for the week.:classic_wink:

They have some lovely girls down there .I asked my dad how I can meet girls?

He said to me " put a potato in my pants and the girls will come to you !"

So off I went for a paddle in my speedo's When I I got back out of the water I told my Dad ..

"Every time I went in the water all the girls ran  out and when I would get out they would all

go go back in again , it's not working Dad "

My father then told me, “Next time try putting  the potato in the front!”:classic_unsure:

Enjoy your time away !:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Have a great time Brian  When I was younger we went to Margate for the week.:classic_wink:

So off I went for a paddle in my speedo's When I I got back out of the water I told my Dad ..

"Every time I went in the water all the girls ran  out and when I would get out they would all

My father then told me, “Next time try putting  the potato in the front!”:classic_unsure:

False advertising Kalos.  Not nice😄

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Reminds me of a Fools and Horses episode Kalos - the Roy Orbison impersonator who couldn't pronounce his Rs - hence "cwyyyiing over you". Remember?  Jane.x

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone :classic_smile: Reading about the city people who seem shocked that 

the countryside has animals and cow muck and the nearest Waitrose is miles miles

away . I agree what did they expect ,a leading part in Emmerdale ? :classic_unsure: Some around 

here think they live in the great outdoors with their choice of vehicle, a great big warrior

or Range Rover Discovery which comes in handy when they need the local supermarkets

or kids school which are within a mile of them . I suppose they come into their own though

when tackling our local pot holes. It's not just the countryside though you only have to

watch the TV show A Place In The Sun ! Most of the participants seem to be of an age 

where looking at them they are going to need a Doctor sooner than later as posted earlier

in this thread . They don't speak the lingo, have no friends or family out there and they

would like to plunge all of their life savings 50K into some old goat shed that the presenter 

tells them find another 10K from somewhere and it could be habitable once more :classic_mellow:

What are these people thinking ?  :classic_unsure: The clue is there when the presenter tells them  that 

the current owner may take offers of 30K as due to ill health (there's the clue ) they want 

to sell up ASAP and head home to old Blighty and our NHS. Old Judy got it right ........

There's no place like home !   It's not all that bad sometimes the countryside comes to us.

I wonder how many brothers & sisters and other family that rabbit in Grahams back  garden

has got ? :classic_unsure:Looks cute ! Pauline could find she has a little helper as it helps with trimming

the plants back and digging a few holes here and there .:classic_wink: I thought I saw a gang of rabbits

in our garden and they were all hopping  backwards but I was mistaken ,turned out to be a

receding Hare-line .:classic_rolleyes: Do you know Some rich and famous people  have rabbits as pets .

Elton John has one and he bought it it's very own treadmill... 🎶 It's A Little Fit Bunny 🎶 :classic_biggrin:

Where ever you are or go today , stay safe :classic_love:

Thank you Kalos for another good start to the day.Can we have you as an act on our next cruise?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of the story of a couple who moved to the countryside and were horrified when they found a local farmer moved his cows for milking down the lane at the end of their drive. Apparently cows eat lots of grass and it eventually comes out the other end. Apparently the couple tried legally to stop the cows being moved down the road  😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

What’s Waitrose??! 

I’ve never been in one. According to the store locator, the nearest one in 60 miles away over the border, and just over 60 miles away on Ynys Môn!

We regularly shop in the one in York, have also been in the one in Menai Bridge when visiting our old home of Anglesey, (Ynys Mon if you prefer).

• Like 1

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

We regularly shop in the one in York, have also been in the one in Menai Bridge when visiting our old home of Anglesey, (Ynys Mon if you prefer).

Habit - I always use the Welsh names! I actually said to my husband the other day that a trip up there would be nice later on when it’s not as busy so Waitrose will have to be on the itinerary!

25 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Reminds me of the story of a couple who moved to the countryside and were horrified when they found a local farmer moved his cows for milking down the lane at the end of their drive. Apparently cows eat lots of grass and it eventually comes out the other end. Apparently the couple tried legally to stop the cows being moved down the road  😁

The Ole Lady used to work for the railway.  People living close to the railway line used to complain about the noise from passing trains.  She used to tell them that the railway line was there before they moved there.

An acquaintance of ours moans about planes taking off and landing from Southend airport.  Admittedly the airport wasn't as busy when he moved compared to now (pandemic excepted), but he's so close, it's almost like being at Maho Beach.  They knew they were right under the flight path when they moved there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Habit - I always use the Welsh names! I actually said to my husband the other day that a trip up there would be nice later on when it’s not as busy so Waitrose will have to be on the itinerary!

It's on the left hand side almost has soon has you cross onto the Island over the  Suspension Bridge on the old road,  we hope to be visiting ourselves later in the year.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

On the subject of cows, our daughter taught primary school children in an inner city area for a while. She was brought up here, and wanted the children to learn where food comes from. Visit to a farm duly arranged to watch cows being milked  by hand.

Following day, complaint from one mother that her child had been deliberately exposed by the school to a disgusting exhibition involving the private parts of cows. Goodness knows what she thought was going on!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Oh it gets better in 2006 following a survey from the British Heart Foundation which revealed

“one in three children did not know that chips were made from potatoes” :classic_wacko:

What the hell did they think they were eating ? :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Oh it gets better in 2006 following a survey from the British Heart Foundation which revealed

“one in three children did not know that chips were made from potatoes” :classic_wacko:

What the hell did they think they were eating ? :classic_unsure:

2 in 3 children are not very good at sums. The other 2 are ok🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Off to Anglesey next week.  Never been there, looking forward to it.  Also staying in Llanbister for one night and Llandovery on the way back.  Nice little break.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Majority of kids don't know where eggs come from either, or what cheese is made of.  Sad innit.

Not me Jean I had a right good education 

Eggs come from supermarkets or corner shops and cheese is made of the moon .:classic_unsure:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Off to Anglesey next week.  Never been there, looking forward to it.  Also staying in Llanbister for one night and Llandovery on the way back.  Nice little break.

We are booked to go in September staying at a hotel that was a farm in the 1970s.

We will be only about a mile from where we lived 50 years when our Sons was born, it will be very emotional has he is no longer with us.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

On the subject of cows, our daughter taught primary school children in an inner city area for a while. She was brought up here, and wanted the children to learn where food comes from. Visit to a farm duly arranged to watch cows being milked  by hand.

Following day, complaint from one mother that her child had been deliberately exposed by the school to a disgusting exhibition involving the private parts of cows. Goodness knows what she thought was going on!

As Billy Connolly said; Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he think he was doing at the time?

In Huddersfield

There was a cow that wouldn't yield

The reason why it wouldn't yield?

It didn't like its udders feeled...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

As Billy Connolly said; Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he think he was doing at the time?

In Huddersfield

There was a cow that wouldn't yield

The reason why it wouldn't yield?

It didn't like its udders feeled...

Be careful Phil, some of us live in Huddersfield!

• Like 1

Morning hope everyone's ok today , for you who like these sunny mornings sorry 

to say the party's over and it's due to break up after today so make the most of it

guy's, the rains are a coming again. Hope everyone who likes the football is 

enjoying it .  I watched the Scotland match the other day and the referee was not 

much help to the team , if he had not blown the whistle to start the game :classic_wacko:

I don't know if any of you follow horse racing  but if you do ..If anyone asks you to

make a bet on a horse called,  ‘Land Fill’..... Don't, Its a rubbish tip. :classic_unsure:

Right time to get out whilst the sun still shining , have a good day and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1