P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sorted the repeat prescription problem this morning. Arrived at Boots Hempstead Valley at 8.45 and queued for 30 mins, finding out that they had received my script on the 1st Sept but had not made it up, could i return in an hour, yes, so a long coffee and some shopping. Back in the shop another 20  mins wait and I am good to go cruising next week. Phew, I only had 3 staying alive pills left. Ordering my repeats very early in the future.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The kings address was very moving and I liked the mention for both his sons. I think he will be OK

He seemed totally different.  It was a very good speech.   I have always felt he was aloof and standoffish,  but tonight he was very different.

• Like 11

It definitely feels strange for some reason this morning.  I am watching the news where they are explaining what will happen today with Charles  being proclaimed king today.  It must be hard for him and the rest of the Royal Family to have to go through all of this whilst mourning the loss of the Queen.

• Like 10

This whole week has jarred

Started with the weather changing, after what feels like 6 months of summer, then the children went back to school, then there was politics (gloss over quickly), then the Queen’s passing

This Saturday feels very different to last.  I’m glad the rain has stopped - though we need lots more.  It would be good if it could come 1am to 5am.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Weird world they live in, isn’t it?  Imagine starting a new job at nearly 74

The retirement that goes with it isn't very good either as we have just seen .

Now begins the changes, stamps coins ,post boxes and things like police helmets 

will move from ER to CR.

Then there is the royal musical chairs as they move up a rank  so to speak .Kate now 

becomes Princess of wales, who we all think of as Diana but really was Camilla who 

never took the title out of respect for Diana .

The only thing I can think of that will not have to change is the prison service  HMP.

We are all going through some changes really .

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

The retirement that goes with it isn't very good either as we have just seen .

Now begins the changes, stamps coins ,post boxes and things like police helmets 

will move from ER to CR.

Then there is the royal musical chairs as they move up a rank  so to speak .Kate now 

becomes Princess of wales, who we all think of as Diana but really was Camilla who 

never took the title out of respect for Diana .

The only thing I can think of that will not have to change is the prison service  HMP.

We are all going through some changes really .

We still have a few post boxes here with Edward 7th on them so must have been put up between 1901 and 1910 and plenty with George 5th (1910 to 1936) 

• Like 4

It’s definitely been a weird week, the death of The Queen, new King ( his speech was very moving) and today my friend texted me to say she’s in hospital waiting for a biopsy as they found a limphomia on her lung (never smoked!) she was feeling rough with backache before her cruise had a major urine infection that needed infusion of antibiotics on board & she came back with you know what! Had to wait till she was negative & went to the drs yesterday as so bad, they must have sent her up for an emergency scan. Just can’t take it all in. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

It’s definitely been a weird week, the death of The Queen, new King ( his speech was very moving) and today my friend texted me to say she’s in hospital waiting for a biopsy as they found a limphomia on her lung (never smoked!) she was feeling rough with backache before her cruise had a major urine infection that needed infusion of antibiotics on board & she came back with you know what! Had to wait till she was negative & went to the drs yesterday as so bad, they must have sent her up for an emergency scan. Just can’t take it all in. 

Prayers 🙏 for your friend for good news from her biopsy.

G.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

We still have a few post boxes here with Edward 7th on them so must have been put up between 1901 and 1910 and plenty with George 5th (1910 to 1936) 

Talking of post boxes, today in a village not too far away from us :classic_love:

box1.thumb.jpg.65bb345c3548f6231d2821a0d575d36e.jpg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

A weird week for definite, one I am sure we will never forget.

Sorry to hear about your friend, she is in the right place now and I am sure she will get any treatment she needs and hopefully will be feeling better soon.

Take care 

Michelle

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Talking of post boxes, today in a village not too far away from us :classic_love:

box1.thumb.jpg.65bb345c3548f6231d2821a0d575d36e.jpg

That is brilliant. We have a secret “ knitter” around here with postboxes wearing different toppings. 
The postbox by the vets has a selection of animals on the top of it. 
They make everyone smile 

Michelle 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

It is certainly a week we won't forget. It was the anniversary of my father's death on Monday and Mum was feeling very low when I called in to see her.

Sorry to hear about your friend, hope gets the treatment she needs to recover.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, amajaa said:

There are a couple round here marked VR. (Victoria)

• Like 4

My baby sister (only 57) just rang me with a brilliant idea.  She said  that after our cousin's funeral she realised that we rarely get together just to chat so she thinks that it would be a good idea if we got together for lunch or afternoon tea once a month.  She pointed out that she is the only worker now but has asked to reduce her hours in November.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Tonight if your lucky enough to have a cloud free sky ,you may see the harvest moon .

Anyone else like the song Harvest Moon ?  I think it's a pretty good one  :classic_love:

Sadly I doubt that I will see it unless the clouds that we currently decide to disappear.  That clip reminds me of a bar that we used to frequent when I worked in South Carolina, there was always a country sing on and always lots of people dancing.

• Like 1