P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

38 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

That's brilliant info... need to replace two outside lights and was wondering how much they would cost to run... you've just answered the question! Thanks!

I bought a ECO Wedge XT Solar Motion Welcome Light a few weeks ago .

It lights up our path on the lower lumen setting ,so could be set brighter if needed .

Very impressed with it ,only cost £20 and the only energy it need was me screwing it to the wall.

• Like 1

Hello from gloomy Glasgow!  I had difficulty posting a few days ago too -  I did then manage to on another thread but the posts from the people who answered me have now disappeared🤔. Hope you have a lovely cruise Indiana. Re Wowzz - I seem to recall he said he was off to Lanzarote in November but maybe not.  Michelle - hope you get the new meds.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

We used to love visiting Winchester cathedral if we stay there overnight before our festive cruises .

It is truly a amazing building .

We did a cruise to Rouen and as we wandered around on a very cold day ,we went into their 

Cathedral and as we walked around a corner into one of their wings a choir started to sing 

"Oh Holy Night "  We just stood in amazement, spellbound by the beauty of it all .

We must have caught the choristers eye as he just gave us a welcoming smile and beckoned us to come into the area closer . A truly magical moment ,we will never forget.

As you say they are wonderful places to visit this time of year .

Take care everyone :classic_love:

Good post Kalos but I must admit when it came to the chorister bit I thought 'allo here comes the punchline.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hello from gloomy Glasgow!  I had difficulty posting a few days ago too -  I did then manage to on another thread but the posts from the people who answered me have now disappeared🤔. Hope you have a lovely cruise Indiana. Re Wowzz - I seem to recall he said he was off to Lanzarote in November but maybe not.  Michelle - hope you get the new meds.  

Thank you, I am keeping my fingers crossed 

Michelle

• Like 4

Curacao today, really enjoying the cruise and only two weeks in. The ship has been decked up for Christmas and a few carols on the piped music. We have booked Iona for 35night Caribbean cruise, usual £50 deposit plus £230 extra OBC, it worked out cheaper to book select than saver when adding OBC so happy days.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I bought a ECO Wedge XT Solar Motion Welcome Light a few weeks ago .

It lights up our path on the lower lumen setting ,so could be set brighter if needed .

Very impressed with it ,only cost £20 and the only energy it need was me screwing it to the wall.

I wish all folk would have the things on low settings. Foxes love turning  the blessed things on all night.

• Like 2

One of those days today, put on a pot of coffee, but forgot the pot!….., cleaned up that & noticed tissues in the washing machine 😬
We left led Xmas lights on the banisters and have started putting those on as it gets dark, therefore the hall light doesn’t get put ( & left) on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Curacao today, really enjoying the cruise and only two weeks in. The ship has been decked up for Christmas and a few carols on the piped music. We have booked Iona for 35night Caribbean cruise, usual £50 deposit plus £230 extra OBC, it worked out cheaper to book select than saver when adding OBC so happy days.

But a 2 year wait before our cruise, let's just  hope the cost of living crisis and Putins war are a distant memory by then.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Baggage handlers are coming to get one of my cases today (I can't deal with them) and I'm trying to lighten the load for OH.  I offered to add his main case but he was stubborn and wanted to lug it about himself. (Men!)

The dreaded dress code thread rages on C*n**d site but I have never ever felt underdressed and I don't wear dresses or stunning ball gowns, although  I admire those that do .   I do floaty tops etc and extra makeup and bling. All the arguing on there could put new cruisers right off.

I'm here till Sunday/early Monday, but hope you will behave while I'm way or is that a lot to ask!  Have fun 🙃

Been on cnd a number of times. Only occassionally wear dresses. Mostly top and trousers. Have yet to see anyone if a ballgown. Mostly just nice long dresses. Just enjoy most people do and they don't away dress up to the nines and over mostly just smart.

• Like 1

Don't know what is happening I have saved login details, whenI sign in goes to another page asking for login then goes to another page which says cannot reach site. When I click back I am signed in. It just did it again, must be gremlins.

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My parcel was finally been delivered approximately 30 mins ago after I waited in all day. It was delivered by Yodel whose tracking information is still saying,  " expected to be delivered today ".

I ordered an expensive Pokemon collectors set for the grandson's christms presesnt,and it arrived 15 days ago. The tracking info  a week ago was saying 'running late' As of yesterday it now says 'Your parcel may be lost. It could still arrive or apply for a refund' I wonder how many unscrupulous people would try that on.

Avril

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

We all are ...good-luck-.jpg.96c152893609222d9bb185fb6a383a46.jpg  Tomorrow Michelle 😊

Thank you everyone.

Dreading going on the scanner, it scares me to death as I hate enclosed spaces and it is really noisy too. I have learned to close my eyes and not open them again until it’s finished

Michelle

• Like 15

Well it started off with a lovely sunny morning here but very windy so went down my beach for a nice walk  lovely rough waves crashing on the beach and lots of dogs running around mad enjoying themselves, got home for lunch then on came the miserable rain . We’re all be thinking of you tomorrow Michelle.

Indiana123 have a lovely cruise.

0D2A1031-CF53-437B-B1EA-0A0EDC48C300.jpeg

A14DC5B8-31B7-42E0-B4F2-302DD4E86D96.jpeg

FC4D1275-E133-4454-A738-54DC5C69DCD4.jpeg

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you everyone.

Dreading going on the scanner, it scares me to death as I hate enclosed spaces and it is really noisy too. I have learned to close my eyes and not open them again until it’s finished

Michelle

Absolutely understandable, Michelle, but such a remarkable and helpful piece of diagnostic equipment. I hope you’re soon in and out, with the outcome you’re looking for.

I’m sure you already know this, in which case apologies, but they’ll usually be able to play radio channels through to you. I asked them for Radio 4 on each occasion, and listening to that (I prefer voices to music) helped pass the time much more quickly - as well as distracting from the noise of the scanner.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you everyone.

Michelle

I am asked if I have a CD with me or if I what radio channel I would like to listen to me.

What I dislike the most, after the noise, is the voice that says "The next scan will last 5 mins, the next scan will last 1 min . . ."  I ask them to turn it off, I don't want to know😒

Good luck for tomorrow.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely understandable, Michelle, but such a remarkable and helpful piece of diagnostic equipment. I hope you’re soon in and out, with the outcome you’re looking for.

I’m sure you already know this, in which case apologies, but they’ll usually be able to play radio channels through to you. I asked them for Radio 4 on each occasion, and listening to that (I prefer voices to music) helped pass the time much more quickly - as well as distracting from the noise of the scanner.

Went Frank had his scan they said he could bring a CD and they'd play it through for him.  He took 'War of the Worlds' both voices and music and he said it worked a treat.

Avril

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m sure you already know this, in which case apologies, but they’ll usually be able to play radio channels through to you.

Not always H 😊 I've had a few listening to radio 2 . The last couple I had were the ones 

that took ages and all I got was a robotic voice saying " Breathe in and hold your breath"

by the time it's saying breathe normally ,your gulping air in before it starts all again .

Give me the radio and relax one any day .

Michelle - I have had to have quite a few MRIs over the years.  They do get better, and after the first two I opened my eyes, and actually found it better.  Worth a try.  It is not quite a as close as you imagine.

Wishing you lots of luck, and a good result.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I hope it’s quick too. When I was first diagnosed I was in for two hours with a short break while they call the consultant in which was a nightmare 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I am asked if I have a CD with me or if I what radio channel I would like to listen to me.

What I dislike the most, after the noise, is the voice that says "The next scan will last 5 mins, the next scan will last 1 min . . ."  I ask them to turn it off, I don't want to know😒

Good luck for tomorrow.

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Not always H 😊 I've had a few listening to radio 2 . The last couple I had were the ones 

that took ages and all I got was a robotic voice saying " Breathe in and hold your breath"

by the time it's saying breathe normally ,your gulping air in before it starts all again .

Give me the radio and relax one any day .

I have been able to listen to a CD sometimes and other times couldn’t have anything. 
First time at Royal Preston for a scan so we shall see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Michelle - I have had to have quite a few MRIs over the years.  They do get better, and after the first two I opened my eyes, and actually found it better.  Worth a try.  It is not quite a as close as you imagine.

Wishing you lots of luck, and a good result.

Thank you