P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Silly question , but why was he dressed as a Dalek on his birthday. Am trying to work out the link !

Getting worried as I am celebrating a special birthday alongside Dr Who this year. Just don't want hubby to see this to give him ideas !

Father David loves Doctor who and one of the congregation bought it for him as a birthday present.

He is a great fun character and put it on to please them.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Father David loves Doctor who and one of the congregation bought it for him as a birthday present.

He is a great fun character and put it on to please them.

Seems like a lovely guy .. and a young Cliff lookalike!

• Like 2

Here we go again!!  This time I slept for an hour or so but had a dream that I had to guard a house  because there was a gunman inside.  People I know were in the dream too!  I got up and looked out the window just as a Police Car went slowly by.  Frightened the life out of me😃  Where did all that come from?

Its  a shame as I am taking all the family for a Sunday roast at a well recommended pub/restaurant in West Malling, Kent, tomorrow and particularly wanted to be lively and awake.    I plan to frighten them all  and  wear a dress, which I  haven't done for at least 25 years (until a few weeks ago).. the grandchildren have only ever seen me in trousers and tops or trouser suits.  I have also got some new bling... two gold pearl walking sticks!!!!🤣

• Like 20

Just been for my last Greek breakfast before flying home this afternoon.  Welcomed at the door by everyone in masks with hand gel being offered on entry.  Apparently a break out of you know what amongst some staff overnight, so masks to be enforced. That will be hell in temperatures already in the low 30s at 8.00am.  The wind and rain at home sounds much preferable at present!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 18

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Be very careful if he offers to take you to Oscars in Newcastle-under-Lyme.  They used to have a Dalek in there.

I haven't  been there for several years so I'm not sure if the Dalek is still in residence.

You must mean Derek,he took early recycling.He has a partner with 2 dustbin lids and a large shiny pension pot.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, kalos said:

That's a new one Graham ,singing happy birthday to a Dalek🙃

Providing he had a good birthday  ,I hope he don't dress up like 

that though for funerals ...EXTERMINATE   ,EXTERMINATE 😉😉

This is all alien to me.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Here we go again!!  This time I slept for an hour or so but had a dream that I had to guard a house  because there was a gunman inside. 

Morning 🙂 

Yep we can all have weird dreams now and again .

I dreamed I was invisible and I married an invisible woman. 
I'm not sure what we saw in each other. Our kids weren't much to look at either. 

We split up in the end ,we never saw that coming 🙃

Have a great time out with the family Indiana and safe journey home to Megabear 

Have a good day everyone 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder do GPs get paid extra for every diabetic assessment they make?

Good Morning John. I thought I'd try and answer your question re payments for Diabetic assessments. Remember I've been retired for a year now so things may have charged:

GPs get paid in a very complicated way ( of course they do!). Firstly, if they  don't own their premises their rent is paid to their landlords. If they do own their premises they still get a rent payment of an equivalent amount to cover mortgages.This has been the way of things since the start of the NHS. The reason being that GPs should not have to pay to practice so premises are covered. Payments for gas, electricity, and telephones are at the surgeries' own expense but water charges are also paid for by the NHS.

Secondly GPs are paid per capita for the patients on their lists. The payments vary according to the ages of the patient population - the highest amount being paid for the older population because in theory they need the most input into their care, although in practice that can vary greatly - there's nothing so bad as the young "worried well".

Thirdly, extra payments are generated by care of certain conditions which can vary but always include asthmatics, diabetics, women's health, and mental health. Every consultation/treatment is coded on the surgery database and on 31st March annually the money people work out how you're doing, what percentage of diabetics etc you've seen, treated and followed up, what you'll be paid, and if you need investigating due to poor performance. 

So the answer to your original question about GPs getting extra payments for seeing diabetics, is yes and no! Yes they get paid for good and attentive care, but no they don't get inducements. What normally happens is that someone in each practice is constantly reviewing the asthmatic, diabetic etc lists to see how many of those patients in each group are actively being seen and treated, need reviewing, have dropped of the list. There will then be a drive to contact patients in each group and call them in for review and treatment if appropriate.

I hope you're still awake after reading this long and boring essay but I also hope it explains at least a little about GP payments. Have a good day. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 16

19 hours ago, kalos said:

I once had a young nurse who was covering for the practice nurse .

She decided to ignore the notes on the screen informing them to use a butterfly needle

when taking my blood sample . After 10 minutes of stabbing me and getting nowhere 

she decided that a new appointment must be made 3 attempts and all that .

But she was happy to move onto my blood pressure and declared  that my blood

pressure was a lot higher than normal today ??? 😏😒🙄

Hmmm I wonder why, no clues there then 😁

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I dreamed I was invisible and I married an invisible woman. 
I'm not sure what we saw in each other. Our kids weren't much to look at either. 

We split up in the end ,we never saw that coming 🙃

She clearly saw through you kalos, there was an invisible plane at the air show yesterday, I don't see that taking off.

It is a bit on the parky side here with a sneaky breeze which blows right through you, even if you aren't invisible. It feels more like October. Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

She clearly saw through you kalos, there was an invisible plane at the air show yesterday, I don't see that taking off.

It is a bit on the parky side here with a sneaky breeze which blows right through you, even if you aren't invisible. It feels more like October. Have a good day everyone.

Ah things are coming transparent now .. Or are they  ??🤔

If my Dad had decided to change his gender ,would he become  TransParent to me ??

Will transparent coffins ever catch on ??  ... Remains to be seen 🙃

Off to have a look at the air show hope they get better weather than yesterday .

• Haha 11

Big week ahead for me, although it's not in my job description I've become an unofficial business process manager for the team and a project to bring in a new system which has been 2 years in the making will finally be completed over the next 3 days. I'm having a rare stopover in London to be in the office for a couple of days and not really looking forward to it but not complaining. Every time I have an appraisal I am asked what my goals are for the months ahead and I always state "stay employed" so things like this all help. 

In other news 3 weeks today we will be on the road to Southampton for our 2 week Arvia cruise. We did have a week on Iona last year but this will be our first 2 week cruise since you know what and our first time back in the Mediterranean since 2018.

Counting the days? You bet we are!

• Like 23

I have praise for the NHS, after my brain tumour  a few years back was diagnosed, I was operated on six weeks later. After a recent scan discovered it was regrowing, I had a consultation at the end of March and treatment was organised and carried out in June, it would possibly have been less as we went away for two weeks.  Last night my OH had chest pains, and after ringing 999 two first responders were with us within ten minutes and after carrying out an assesment decided to admit him to hospital with the amulance arriving five mintues later.  I know we have been lucky and there are a lot of people who have been waiting a long time for appointments, treatments, etc, and I do feel for them.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have praise for the NHS, after my brain tumour  a few years back was diagnosed, I was operated on six weeks later. After a recent scan discovered it was regrowing, I had a consultation at the end of March and treatment was organised and carried out in June, it would possibly have been less as we went away for two weeks.  Last night my OH had chest pains, and after ringing 999 two first responders were with us within ten minutes and after carrying out an assesment decided to admit him to hospital with the amulance arriving five mintues later.  I know we have been lucky and there are a lot of people who have been waiting a long time for appointments, treatments, etc, and I do feel for them.

I hope your husband is okay Pam @purplesea

My advice to anyone who has chest pains is take a couple of Aspirins preferably soluble and ring 999.

This helped me when I had my heart attack and prevented it being a lot worse 

Prayers 🙏 Pam that your latest operation was successful.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Apologies if anybody noticed my ‘laughing’ icon to this post that I have now deleted. Entirely accidental I assure you. Hopefully no offence has been taken by anybody. Best wishes to purplesea’s OH for a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning John. I thought I'd try and answer your question re payments for Diabetic assessments. Remember I've been retired for a year now so things may have charged:

GPs get paid in a very complicated way ( of course they do!). Firstly, if they  don't own their premises their rent is paid to their landlords. If they do own their premises they still get a rent payment of an equivalent amount to cover mortgages.This has been the way of things since the start of the NHS. The reason being that GPs should not have to pay to practice so premises are covered. Payments for gas, electricity, and telephones are at the surgeries' own expense but water charges are also paid for by the NHS.

Secondly GPs are paid per capita for the patients on their lists. The payments vary according to the ages of the patient population - the highest amount being paid for the older population because in theory they need the most input into their care, although in practice that can vary greatly - there's nothing so bad as the young "worried well".

Thirdly, extra payments are generated by care of certain conditions which can vary but always include asthmatics, diabetics, women's health, and mental health. Every consultation/treatment is coded on the surgery database and on 31st March annually the money people work out how you're doing, what percentage of diabetics etc you've seen, treated and followed up, what you'll be paid, and if you need investigating due to poor performance. 

So the answer to your original question about GPs getting extra payments for seeing diabetics, is yes and no! Yes they get paid for good and attentive care, but no they don't get inducements. What normally happens is that someone in each practice is constantly reviewing the asthmatic, diabetic etc lists to see how many of those patients in each group are actively being seen and treated, need reviewing, have dropped of the list. There will then be a drive to contact patients in each group and call them in for review and treatment if appropriate.

I hope you're still awake after reading this long and boring essay but I also hope it explains at least a little about GP payments. Have a good day. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thankyou Jane that was quite informative, but I hope you realise my comment was made a little in jest, although I agree it was tinged with a little irony. 😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Does anyone else find it strange not seeing any posts from wowzz? I'm hoping that all's well in the wowzz world, but it's not easy. 

Avril

Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today, and even looked to see the last time he posted, which was in May. Let's hope he's just taking a grown up 'gap year'.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Does anyone else find it strange not seeing any posts from wowzz? I'm hoping that all's well in the wowzz world, but it's not easy. 

Avril

Someone did post that he has been posting  elsewhere and that he is ok a few weeks back 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thankyou Jane that was quite informative, but I hope you realise my comment was made a little in jest, although I agree it was tinged with a little irony. 😇

Now I feel really embarrassed John because no I didn't realise that - idiot me. Oh well, having a read of my post will save the NHS a fortune in sleeping pills!  Jane xx

• Like 3