P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

What's going on with you lot today?  I can't turn my back for 5 minutes.

I was a bit late getting in here today and there are pages and pages to get through.🤣

We are off later  to London, paying a fortune  for two rooms just to sleep for a few hours,  ready for tomorrows adventures. Needs must as it is a 6 am start.  Just have to pay up and forget.  

Have a good day everyone

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Cat people here so all cat stories welcome. 😀

Love cats , have a rescue older cat at present. Recently visited a rome cat sanctuary, very well looked after cats

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I was a bit late getting in here today and there are pages and pages to get through.🤣

We are off later  to London, paying a fortune  for two rooms just to sleep for a few hours,  ready for tomorrows adventures. Needs must as it is a 6 am start.  Just have to pay up and forget.  

Have a good day everyone

Good luck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

Love cats , have a rescue older cat at present. Recently visited a rome cat sanctuary, very well looked after cats

We have one too .... born free and now very expensive in her old age. Totally spoiled ... oh to be a cat or dog in a good home !!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

You know that you love us Andy.  How is Michelle ?

Michelle is doing well Josy, thank you for asking. Still has up and down days, but, in general, doing OK. 

As far as insurance is concerned, as MB said, definitely pick up the phone... Michelle had quotes for thousands of pounds online and finally got a yearly policy for a couple of hundred quid... 

Being diagnosed with a terminal illness is much better, in their eyes, than being under investigation... 

It seems being treated for a condition can make a massive difference compared to investigation, but of course, online assumes the worst. 

Andy 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Our black cat before that was named after my late dad's dad nickname but I can't mention it's name these days 😃

"Cruise Date " seems a funny name to give yer cat , (Only joking )

Talking of dates away ,we are the same as you and say nowt.

I realise some folk would like us to say they are away but that defeats the object .

We have a neighbour who are always banging bumping making a noise apart

from when in "holiday stealth mode " they are off and away.

The only thing that gives it away ,is the arrival at the airport where they then 

post photos with beer in hand and statements such as .." Not long now, soon 

be on plane to Ibiza for two weeks "😅

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

We love cats and dogs.We've rescued 3 dogs in Italy.We took one 6 hrs to Rome,stayed overnight and 6hrs back to rehome him.We brought back a kitten for our daughter,that was a 600 euro saga for various reasons.When we see her the ungrateful sod just dabs us and runs off(the cat,not the daughter).

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes it’s all going to pot in the football world! I can see me getting less interested soon!

64 years of following Wolves throughout the good times and the bad, but getting a ticket nowadays is almost impossible unless a season ticket holder. My neighbour at the time I started to watch them, was a first team player at the club. 

I thought this season we would be in a relegation dogfight with our previous manager leaving on the eve of the season starting, limited new squad members and having to sell our best player in order to satisfy the heavily weighted FFP rules. 

But we drafted in Gary O’Neill, I thought at the time not the right appointment, but I was proved wrong no relegation battle, on the edge of possible European football next season, although with a small squad and injuries this might no be possible. Already we have the vultures from the top 6 eying up our best players, even though they still have a number of years on their contracts. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Before I was married nearly 43 years ago my black Persian cat I had at my parents house for 14 years was called Monty after Sunderland goal keeper Jimmy Montgomery.

Our black cat before that was named after my late dad's dad nickname but I can't mention it's name these days 😃

My school friend had a black dog in the mid 60's. We lived in Balham in SW London. At bedtime Derek went to get the dog in from the Garden. Sometimes the dog had got out, so he wandered around calling the dogs name. Wouldn't do that today.🤣

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think that if/when the Nationwide and Virgin merger takes place they will likely be run as two companies for several years. When we received the emails spelling out the proposal I seemed to remember something about up to five years to become fully consolidated. It is a shame as I have been pleased with Virgin since they took over Yorkshire bank with generally better interest rates and my accounts. 

I was a little sceptical about Virgin at first, but have been more than satisfied with them. Better than Yorkshire imo. 

I recall the email saying x number of years, but I can't remember how many. We'll simply have to go with the flow. Nationwide seems to be on their way to becoming one of the largest banks, swallowing up the smaller ones. 

Avril

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Have a good day everyone

We're like Pringles. When we start we can't stop😁

I hope everything goes well for you, and that you can finally get your pain issues  sorted. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

64 years of following Wolves throughout the good times and the bad, but getting a ticket nowadays is almost impossible unless a season ticket holder. My neighbour at the time I started to watch them, was a first team player at the club. 

I thought this season we would be in a relegation dogfight with our previous manager leaving on the eve of the season starting, limited new squad members and having to sell our best player in order to satisfy the heavily weighted FFP rules. 

But we drafted in Gary O’Neill, I thought at the time not the right appointment, but I was proved wrong no relegation battle, on the edge of possible European football next season, although with a small squad and injuries this might no be possible. Already we have the vultures from the top 6 eying up our best players, even though they still have a number of years on their contracts. 

The last time I saw Liverpool was Oct 2019, I treated us to hospitality with some of my redundancy! Got in just before you know what!

First few times we went I just sent a £50 cheque and I didn’t know if I’d got the tickets until my stamped address envelope came back 🤣🤣

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Have a good day everyone

You snooze you loose. Good luck tomorrow. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Have a good day everyone

Hope all goes well.

• Like 1

All the best @indiana123

Phew!  Chatty day, or what?  Vaccinated with a gramophone needle as my old gran used to say!  It’s lovely to see the thread so busy

I’ll polish my halo and say that we led the Wednesday walk this morning, notwithstanding the rain.  Intrepid band of crumblies we are🙂.  9 humans, 2 dogs today.  Absence notes from 2 (and a dog) having a break in Devon, who would normally lead; 2 entertaining toddler granddaughter; 1 pleading a pulled muscle; and 2 soon to back from Fred worldie

Here’s a pic.  There aren’t too many thatched castles around.  You can get a holiday let in this one, owned by the Landmark Trust

D9DA1B53-ABF5-47E7-819A-AD608D3E853E.thumb.jpeg.51f30adc2caa06ae4bc01c36d2dd3e1a.jpeg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Paddypuss said:

Yes have posted previously only one or two posts though, I am sure it was you adawn who said paddypuss reminded you of a name.

As you love cats here's my rather imperious DFC (Distinguished Feline Companion) who's just returned from a rather expensive dentist visit - I could have had a week on Iona for the cost of his bill!

20240211_143849.jpg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paddypuss said:

I'm a cat person but I do like dogs too. Haven't owned cats for about 8 years since my two 20 year old litter sisters had to be put down, six months apart. 

Every time I see a big pet cat with chunky paws I just fawn over it. It's only holidays and 'our time' that prevents me from rushing to a cat rescue centre and getting another one or two. Old cats though, not kittens; I'm sure I don't have another 20 years!

• Like 9

Another wet and dreary day, feel for one of my volunteer colleagues doing a members tour this morning, trying to explain a site and point out overhead features not easy when the rain is pouring down.

Tomorrow looks dry with temperatures reaching the dizzy heights of 18C. 

However for fun I have put together a rain related playlist to add to my phone. 🤣

1. Here comes the rain again - The Eurythmics

2. It’s raining again - Supertramp

3. Who’ll stop the rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

4. Why does it always rain on me - Travis

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Rain - The Beatles

7. November Rain - Guns ‘N Roses

8. A Hard Rains gonna fall - Bob Dylan

9. Raindrops keep falling on my head - B J Thomas

10. Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly

Apart from last 2, all the others are in my music collection be that Vinyl, CD or Digital. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

As you love cats here's my rather imperious DFC (Distinguished Feline Companion) who's just returned from a rather expensive dentist visit - I could have had a week on Iona for the cost of his bill!

20240211_143849.jpg

Beautiful pussy cat,  our previous cat cost a fortune even with insurance, but eventually died.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I was a little sceptical about Virgin at first, but have been more than satisfied with them. Better than Yorkshire imo. 

I recall the email saying x number of years, but I can't remember how many. We'll simply have to go with the flow. Nationwide seems to be on their way to becoming one of the largest banks, swallowing up the smaller ones. 

Avril

NW is still a mutual and owned by its members, but it will certainly be a big one after it absorbs Virgin, and if we are to believe its management, it intends to remain a mutual and not follow Halifax's fateful transformation to a bank.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Another wet and dreary day, feel for one of my volunteer colleagues doing a members tour this morning, trying to explain a site and point out overhead features not easy when the rain is pouring down.

Tomorrow looks dry with temperatures reaching the dizzy heights of 18C. 

However for fun I have put together a rain related playlist to add to my phone. 🤣

1. Here comes the rain again - The Eurythmics

2. It’s raining again - Supertramp

3. Who’ll stop the rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

4. Why does it always rain on me - Travis

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Rain - The Beatles

7. November Rain - Guns ‘N Roses

8. A Hard Rains gonna fall - Bob Dylan

9. Raindrops keep falling on my head - B J Thomas

10. Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly

Apart from last 2, all the others are in my music collection be that Vinyl, CD or Digital. 

Good collection but I really need to ask ?      Have You Ever Seen The Rain 🙃

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

Beautiful pussy cat,  our previous cat cost a fortune even with insurance, but eventually died.

This boy is 14 now and has never needed a dental before.  Apparently it's built up during lockdown when he never got his 6 monthly checks.  Unfortunately insurance doesn't cover dental unless it's emergency or accident.  You are right, they do cost a fortune but worth every penny. My OH says he's the most expensive freebie he's ever had - he found him in a cupboard in our car port and kept him hidden from me as I was looking after my 26 year old lady in her last few months.  Gentle loving boy he is he kept her company and watched over her in her last few days when his existence was finally told to me.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

20240211_143849.jpg

Beautiful cat, looks like our last cat Tom.  We always had a cat and a dog until we had to have the last dog euthanised because of old age and a few months later the last cat followed him to the great animal party in the sky.

We were both so upset to lose both of them so close together that we could not bring ourselves to try to replace them 

• Like 7