P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Another wet and dreary day, feel for one of my volunteer colleagues doing a members tour this morning, trying to explain a site and point out overhead features not easy when the rain is pouring down.

Tomorrow looks dry with temperatures reaching the dizzy heights of 18C. 

However for fun I have put together a rain related playlist to add to my phone. 🤣

1. Here comes the rain again - The Eurythmics

2. It’s raining again - Supertramp

3. Who’ll stop the rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

4. Why does it always rain on me - Travis

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Rain - The Beatles

7. November Rain - Guns ‘N Roses

8. A Hard Rains gonna fall - Bob Dylan

9. Raindrops keep falling on my head - B J Thomas

10. Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly

Apart from last 2, all the others are in my music collection be that Vinyl, CD or Digital. 

What about Rythm of the rain ---Cascades, It might as well rain until September -- Carole King.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Another wet and dreary day, feel for one of my volunteer colleagues doing a members tour this morning, trying to explain a site and point out overhead features not easy when the rain is pouring down.

Tomorrow looks dry with temperatures reaching the dizzy heights of 18C. 

However for fun I have put together a rain related playlist to add to my phone. 🤣

1. Here comes the rain again - The Eurythmics

2. It’s raining again - Supertramp

3. Who’ll stop the rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

4. Why does it always rain on me - Travis

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Rain - The Beatles

7. November Rain - Guns ‘N Roses

8. A Hard Rains gonna fall - Bob Dylan

9. Raindrops keep falling on my head - B J Thomas

10. Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly

Apart from last 2, all the others are in my music collection be that Vinyl, CD or Digital. 

How about A Hard Rains Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan or Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

As you love cats here's my rather imperious DFC (Distinguished Feline Companion) who's just returned from a rather expensive dentist visit - I could have had a week on Iona for the cost of his bill!

20240211_143849.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

How about A Hard Rains Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan or Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton 

Bob Dylan is on my list.

I limited it to 10, but there were a number of other songs that could be added. 

Could include songs by Wet wet Wet 🤣🤣

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'd not thought about Virgin, but then again I've always used travel insurance companies. so that was where I was looking. Habit I suppose.

I could look at a few days away here and search cruises for 2025. I can then look into Nationwide after their move.  We'll see.

After the last  couple of years we just need something to look forward to.

Avril

Avril have you thought about Saga Cruises, much more expensive than P an O but more up market, prices include home pick up and insurance on the love!y smaller adult on!y ships.I think you would love them.

I was surprised with what the included insurance would cover, we used them last year and are booked for this and next year.

They suit us fine since we no longer wish to fly to join our favourite line Azamara

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I Can't Stand The Rain. said Tina Turner /A Peebles 

• Like 4

What a beautiful cat Megabear.

Here is my little ray of sunshine. She is a rescue cat as all my cats have been. I lost my previous cat two years ago. My daughter is a vet nurse and I told her I was too upset to take another one. About a week later she told me about this one that had been hit by a motorcycle and the owners wanting her to be put down. I took one look at her and was hooked. She is called Evie and is fully recovered and so affectionate, I am always covered in cat hairs.

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

What a beautiful cat Megabear.

Here is my little ray of sunshine. She is a rescue cat as all my cats have been. I lost my previous cat two years ago. My daughter is a vet nurse and I told her I was too upset to take another one. About a week later she told me about this one that had been hit by a motorcycle and the owners wanting her to be put down. I took one look at her and was hooked. She is called Evie and is fully recovered and so affectionate, I am always covered in cat hairs.

IMG_0045.jpeg

She's beautiful. So glad she made a full recovery and you found each other.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

Rain rain go away, is this a childhood rhyme  can't quite remember

Great old song.

Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other day
We want to go outside and play
Come again some other day

Following on from Zap's neds song I REALLY need dry weather for 4 May for my racehorses who are booked to run.  Anyone know an anti raindance????

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are with Barclays for annual insurance and they excluded my husband's cancer initially. However, after one year they would cover this and with no increase in the premium, just the regular travel pack price. 

When I first had breast cancer in 2013 they wouldn't cover me for 2 yrs after that I was covered again. When it came back in 2022  in my bones they didn't want to know. Same with my husband when he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma 3 months after me in 2022.

13 minutes ago, lincslady said:

And it does feel like we are all being rained on at present, both literally and metaphorically.  (Though not the King's fault).

Yes my grass is a vibrant green but I’m sick of this rain!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Bob Dylan is on my list.

I limited it to 10, but there were a number of other songs that could be added. 

Could include songs by Wet wet Wet 🤣🤣

'The DayThe Rains Came Down' Jane Morgan.

A real oldie that dad would always play, 1957/8? The lyrics will cheer you up on a rainy day.

Avril

• Like 1

So miserable tonight.  If we were at the coast I would say it was sea fret or east coast haar.  Horrible

A local restaurant has changed hands so we gave it a try

Mixed arancini/padron peppers

gnocci/asparagus risotto

All very tasty (and, I notice now, veggie). Apologies for starting some before picturing 

5C210E01-50EA-4AC7-B391-3F450C4EAF13.thumb.jpeg.a65fc8b74f686b2a4e47ec2a33f8b8da.jpeg4E3F4D0E-BB9C-4701-B753-1E7BFA0C506C.thumb.jpeg.e96fcedfad3143c95bc3fb8d72e11917.jpeg

C58706B6-9B86-403F-9C2A-445A8E89FC86.jpeg

• Like 12