P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Poodle cross varieties don't really smell, or at least my sons Labradoodle doesn't.

I think dog owners sometimes get used to the smell and don’t notice it. Same as smokers and smoke! 

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

My Cockapoo doesn’t whiff either…… and he is always cleaning his paws.🐶 but @kalos I’ll admit he is very partial to eau de fox if available!

I love that I’m allowed in many cafes and pubs with him, but imo it is always best to have a separate seating area so those who do not like dogs can avoid. 

Definitely! I have asked to move tables more than once because I couldn’t enjoy my meal with a dog drooling close by. 
I was raised on a farm, and dogs never came into the house. They don’t on most farms! 

• Like 1

Morning all, got back from Britannia yesterday. We had a good time but the weather wasn’t the best! We had dull/overcast/rainy weather most mornings but by sailaway it was usually sunny.

As soon as we got on we were told Santander was replaced by Vigo! Weren’t really given a reason 🤷‍♀️ I was disappointed as I had an interesting sounding excursion booked there for an early Gaudi place.

We decided to book an excursion at Vigo called ‘Gardens, Castles and wine tasting’ which was very enjoyable.

Anyway here are a few pics 

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

• Like 21

Lovely photos, Sue.  Thank you.

Good morning, everyone - was expecting lovely sunshine, but not so at present.  Oh well, time for improvement.

I hope everybody has a good day - none of us get enough of them!

• Like 7

Oh we paid £25 each to attend a special sailaway outside the cookery club in an outside area overlooking the aft. The weather was stunning by then and we had a fun time. John was a bit grumpy about the cost at first (🙄🤣) but we were given a glass of fizz on arrival and at least four cocktails! Plus some canapés so we got our money’s worth! 
We were joined by another couple and had a good laugh with them. It was supposed to be an hour but we stayed for two!! So I didn’t take many photos. Here are a couple I did take 

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

• Like 20

Morning all,big Deja vu moment.All packed,off to PI LGW tomorrow for 7am flight Monday to Bulgaria.7 day AI beach holiday courtesy of our compo from TUI with enough left over for half of a 7 day Marella cruise in July including Istanbul,big tick off our bucket list.If there is a Black sea tsunami or anything else you guys will be the first to know.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,big Deja vu moment.All packed,off to PI LGW tomorrow for 7am flight Monday to Bulgaria.7 day AI beach holiday courtesy of our compo from TUI with enough left over for half of a 7 day Marella cruise in July including Istanbul,big tick off our bucket list.If there is a Black sea tsunami or anything else you guys will be the first to know.

Have a great holiday and I shall look forward to your posts 🤣

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Have a great time Brian ,way back early 80's last time I was there and 

drank a lot of beer called Rhombus sold by the bottle (6%) as we did

not trust them with draught beers . If you should get a bottle enjoy .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Have a good one Marilyn and Brian. Hopefully dry, weather wise of course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back Sue - glad you had a good time

Bon voyage Brian 🤞

All quiet here.  We had torrential rain last night, after a lovely sunny day 🤷‍♂️.  It’s nice again now; who knows what the rest of the day will bringC97C9406-3D5A-401C-B9A4-3784F2368068.thumb.jpeg.fb23c3f21449ef969db9f39e7c9a65e2.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kalos and Phil.Marilyn was there in the 80s when it was communist.Different world then with food vouchers,black market money and the only place where East and West German families could meet up.Looking forward to chilling out now.Brian.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Welcome back Sue - glad you had a good time

Bon voyage Brian 🤞

All quiet here.  We had torrential rain last night, after a lovely sunny day 🤷‍♂️.  It’s nice again now; who knows what the rest of the day will bringC97C9406-3D5A-401C-B9A4-3784F2368068.thumb.jpeg.fb23c3f21449ef969db9f39e7c9a65e2.jpeg

Looks great.That's what I call sods law.You guys enjoy the Brit heatwave.

• Like 5

When I got up it was lovely blue sky a d sunny but it is now grey and cloudy which I predict will turn to heavy rain around 2pm just as the bowling match is due to start.

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Definitely! I have asked to move tables more than once because I couldn’t enjoy my meal with a dog drooling close by. 
I was raised on a farm, and dogs never came into the house. They don’t on most farms! 

But I guess you have to admit that keeping dogs outside is very much the exception.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But I guess you have to admit that keeping dogs outside is very much the exception.

LOL,even the 3 dogs we rescued in Italy eventually crept up and slept on our bed with us.Outside dogs do smell more "dogified" I agree.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Peppers mum said:

Hello everyone, we are currently in the Premier Inn Newbury South prior to joining Aurora tomorrow. She's the only ship in the current fleet that we haven't been on so I'm very excited!

Julie x

Aurora is our favourite ship. If you love classic cruising on a 'proper' comfortable cruise ship, you're in for a treat. I'm jealous.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Avril

• Like 7

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, got back from Britannia yesterday. We had a good time but the weather wasn’t the best! We had dull/overcast/rainy weather most mornings but by sailaway it was usually sunny.

As soon as we got on we were told Santander was replaced by Vigo! Weren’t really given a reason 🤷‍♀️ I was disappointed as I had an interesting sounding excursion booked there for an early Gaudi place.

We decided to book an excursion at Vigo called ‘Gardens, Castles and wine tasting’ which was very enjoyable.

Anyway here are a few pics 

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

I'm pleased you had a good time Sue. You look so relaxed and I'm sure it's done you the power of good.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 12:56 PM, sagaris said:

I have just read his book, very funny and inspiring. I wonder if he still cruises or still a member of CC?

I remember Dennis from the P&O forum, always a positive & funny poster. I really enjoyed reading his book as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

They’re working dogs so that’s the difference! People can choose to have dogs in their own home, no problem. However years ago, you wouldn’t find many dogs in cafes and restaurants. They seem to be everywhere now and not just little dogs but huge ones! I find if very off putting when trying to eat.  

Morning everyone,

Welcome back @P&O SUE, I'm glad you had a good time and @brian1 have a lovely holiday and safe travels.

After heavy rain all yesterday afternoon, evening and overnight, we now have blue skies and a breeze. It's supposed be dry for the rest of the day.

Spent yesterday baking as was planning on having a family BBQ this afternoon then going to watch the carnival this evening. Nobody has replied to say they are coming, so not going to bother!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, whatever your plans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Have a great holiday bro and keep dry😉

Sis

• Thanks 1