P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

He's sorting it, Wowzz.  And if the weather's not too cold I might even be able to drive over there (only about an hour away) and stand outside and wave, well away from everyone.

It took some persuading on my part, and the rest of the family, to get my wife to agree to the plan (because she doesn't want to leave me on my own for a fortnight over Christmas) but she agreed in the end - it makes perfect sense, and I'm more than capable of looking after myself for a few days.

28 Fray Bentos pies - what else does a man need?  🤮

What a lovely thing for you to do for your wife, let’s hope the weather is dry so you can watch from a safe distance.

• Like 1

Back to Boosters

Govt spokesman on R4 just now said individuals can now book online without needing a text/whatever invitation first.

Tried it.  Booked!  Have to travel out of town but that’s ok

16 Nov.  Wish it was sooner but relieved to have it arranged 

It’s probably worth everyone trying again now

My family is arriving, to stay nearby, this afternoon.  Woo Hoo.  Haven’t seen them since August 

Have a good day all

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Back to Boosters

Govt spokesman on R4 just now said individuals can now book online without needing a text/whatever invitation first.

Tried it.  Booked!  Have to travel out of town but that’s ok

16 Nov.  Wish it was sooner but relieved to have it arranged 

It’s probably worth everyone trying again now

My family is arriving, to stay nearby, this afternoon.  Woo Hoo.  Haven’t seen them since August 

Have a good day all

Can you confirm that you had previous vaccine more than 6 months ago. 

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

He's sorting it, Wowzz.  And if the weather's not too cold I might even be able to drive over there (only about an hour away) and stand outside and wave, well away from everyone.

It took some persuading on my part, and the rest of the family, to get my wife to agree to the plan (because she doesn't want to leave me on my own for a fortnight over Christmas) but she agreed in the end - it makes perfect sense, and I'm more than capable of looking after myself for a few days.

28 Fray Bentos pies - what else does a man need?  🤮

Never fear Harry. I know it won't be the same, but we can all celebrate Christmas with you. 

That's if your not fed up with us by then😉

Avril

• Like 3

Its so bad here today I have Noah on speed dial. The dachsies were very smug trotting u and down the side of the house under their awning keeping dry. me not so much when I went to get a paper, drowned rat sums it up. Why I walked I'll never know, just trying to stay fit I guess ready for coping with the multiple flights of stairs on Ventura as lifts seem to be a crisis point.

Jane those 6 months will be hard. You will swing between happiness, regret, knowing you are doing the right thing. For me there was also sadness at running a project then realising I wouldn't see it through, hurt a bit when recruiting for my replacement. Every emotion under the sun. I didn't initially take well to retirement but now I've settled and you will do so too and really enjoy your next challenges.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, a few of us are off on Sky Princess on Friday.

Have a really great cruise. For those of us who don't have any further overseas jaunts booked until next year, a few postcard posts from your ports of call will be much appreciated.

• Like 4

By gum its nippy, the little snowflake symbol appeared on the car screen this morning with the risk of ice as it is only 3oC, went into Barnsley for breakfast and there is there was an icy wind. Barmy weather after 19oC on Tuesday. It is however sunny with clear sky, but feels much better looking out than in. Looks like the heating will have to go on😗

• Like 4

Cold with clear blue skies here in Stoke today.  I had an appointment for a blood test this morning and thought that I would walk down to the surgery until I stepped outside and found out how cold it was, I changed my mind and took the car.  The surgery seems to be almost back to normal, chairs are back in the waiting room so you can is wait inside instead of in the car and there were enough seats for10 people a meter apart in the waiting room.  The nurse taking my blood offered me a pneumonia vaccine for the first time so I had that too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Its so bad here today I have Noah on speed dial. The dachsies were very smug trotting u and down the side of the house under their awning keeping dry. me not so much when I went to get a paper, drowned rat sums it up. Why I walked I'll never know, just trying to stay fit I guess ready for coping with the multiple flights of stairs on Ventura as lifts seem to be a crisis point.

Jane those 6 months will be hard. You will swing between happiness, regret, knowing you are doing the right thing. For me there was also sadness at running a project then realising I wouldn't see it through, hurt a bit when recruiting for my replacement. Every emotion under the sun. I didn't initially take well to retirement but now I've settled and you will do so too and really enjoy your next challenges.

Thank you ccpm for that very sound advice. I can see me in all the scenarios you describe; in fact I'm already feeling some ups and downs -and it hasn't been a week yet. I really appreciate your thoughts and thank you for sharing them with me. Best wishes.  Jane.x 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Frosty and clear here. Could be a good evening to see the meteor showers forecast for tonight if the clouds stay away.

Don't look at it. You know what happened in day of the trifids.☄️

• Haha 3

We were booked to go to Warner's Cricket St Thomas next week for my husband's 70th birthday, but we have made the difficult decision to cancel, due to the state of the pandemic in Somerset, our waning immunity (we are just about at the 6 month mark) and the probability that many guests in the hotel won't bother with masks in the entertainment venue. We will get a full refund due to the booking conditions in force when we booked. 

We are very disappointed, but it just doesn't seem the right time to go to that location. Still, we'll go out for a few meals locally, so my husband should still enjoy his birthday.

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were booked to go to Warner's Cricket St Thomas next week for my husband's 70th birthday, but we have made the difficult decision to cancel, due to the state of the pandemic in Somerset, our waning immunity (we are just about at the 6 month mark) and the probability that many guests in the hotel won't bother with masks in the entertainment venue. We will get a full refund due to the booking conditions in force when we booked. 

We are very disappointed, but it just doesn't seem the right time to go to that location. Still, we'll go out for a few meals locally, so my husband should still enjoy his birthday.

I’m a great believer that we all need to do what makes us feel comfortable at the moment. 

Enjoy your meals out and happy birthday to your husband.

• Like 13