P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Would that be the Vauxhall Caravan Park in Great Yarmouth? The one on a really busy road, opposite the railway line, and about a mile from the beach? If so, just driving past it makes me shudder.

yeah that one

we turned up at 4pm and went out for dinner at a pub offsite which was a nice pub but the club onsite had a police riot with some travelers who refused to leave the site. 

First thing the next morning I told them I was going home and wanted a refund. Didn’t feel safe on there and this was 2 years ago so kids were a lot younger about 2&3. Park resorts were really good though. Refunded me for everything. Cost us a bit in petrol and time and would never go back but lesson learnt. The site was a mess too. Rubbish everywhere and dirty caravan.  That was the worst place I’ve been 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yeah that one

we turned up at 4pm and went out for dinner at a pub offsite which was a nice pub but the club onsite had a police riot with some travelers who refused to leave the site. 

First thing the next morning I told them I was going home and wanted a refund. Didn’t feel safe on there and this was 2 years ago so kids were a lot younger about 2&3. Park resorts were really good though. Refunded me for everything. Cost us a bit in petrol and time and would never go back but lesson learnt. The site was a mess too. Rubbish everywhere and dirty caravan.  That was the worst place I’ve been 

Very wise move. We used to drive past disconsolate families, released on parole for the day, trudging unhappily towards the beach a mile away, and thank our favoured deity that it wasn't us.😄

Just had baby cuddles! 

he is absolutely lovely. His poor little head looks really bad though. They are going in to discuss the investigation into it later this week. 

he weed everywhere 😂 

I’ve only got girls so never had to deal with it going all that far. 

he is very tiny. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

he weed everywhere 😂 

I’ve only got girls so never had to deal with it going all that far. 

That's the thing about changing boy's nappies. You develop good reflexes and learn when to keep your mouth closed.😊

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I remember that! 🤣

Well, we’ve been and gone and done it and bought a puppy.  She’s only 3 weeks old, so have to wait 5 weeks to bring her home

Cruising/holidays will take a back seat for a while

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I remember that! 🤣

Well, we’ve been and gone and done it and bought a puppy.  She’s only 3 weeks old, so have to wait 5 weeks to bring her home

Cruising/holidays will take a back seat for a while

I love dogs. What kind have you bought?

Avril 

She’s a cross between a Jack Russell and a toy poodle - a Jackapoo, apparently.  She’s creamy coloured now, with her ears perhaps just starting to turn ginger, like her mum (JR).  Her coat is soft and silky now - whether she will get poodle curls or she will be more ruff (geddit?) time will tell.

Quite interesting not quite knowing.

I like the thought of a smallish dog, that’s a real dog (terrier) but with a bit of brain from the poodle.  If we get non-moulting too, that will be a real bonus 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

She’s a cross between a Jack Russell and a toy poodle - a Jackapoo, apparently.  She’s creamy coloured now, with her ears perhaps just starting to turn ginger, like her mum (JR).  Her coat is soft and silky now - whether she will get poodle curls or she will be more ruff (geddit?) time will tell.

I like the thought of a smallish dog, that’s a real dog (terrier) but with a bit of brain from the poodle.  If we get non-moulting too, that will be a real bonus 

We have non moulting but without a brain... 

Andy 

IMG-20200727-WA0000.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Yes Eddie,  I goddit 😁. There are a lot of poodle  crosses now. I'm not sure about non moulting but I know there isn't a problem with dander. I was advised to get a poodle cross because of my allergies. We've always had Border Collies before and I can't seem to take to another breed even though they're  all lovely. 

Avril 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have non moulting but without a brain... 

Andy 

IMG-20200727-WA0000.jpg

Oh Andy what a cutie. I have to disagree with you though. All cosy in it's bed, pampered, fed and nothing to do except look cute and maybe play a little. So,  who's the one without a brain? 😉Avril 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

She’s lovely Andy

A Bichon?

Seeing as you’ve showed me yours, here’s a sneak preview of mine

Everybody - Aaaaaaaw

137E0716-C301-4607-91BD-BBEEFD26F16E.jpeg

Oh EDDIE she is lovely , what a cutie and you will not want to be cruising for a very long time and leave her 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Not too sure about poodle brains, our niece had a Labradoodle, which mainly favoured the poodle, and was daft as a brush.  Barbecues were horrendous as she rampaged round pinching the plates of the unwary.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well we have decided to bring our 2 indoor cats  to the caravan for the first time... was really worried ....

End of day one after a faultless journey over they have taken  over the accommodation and are sussing out the best seats  .........20200729_221712.thumb.jpg.e579269ac636688595766f199542f275.jpg

• Like 6

Well done the cats!

We seriously considered buying a static (eventually abandoned the idea as felt the costs, in this part of the world, we just too high.  Spending the kids’ inheritance is all very well but just not that quickly).

Back to topic - if we had have taken the plunge we, too, would have taken our indoor cats on their caravan holidays!  We were planning to get a joiner in to make a mesh or similar door for the spare bedroom, so the cats would have their own safe place during the day

Animal daft, aren’t we?

Vamps - your old boy is lovely.  Bet the girls love him and he adores them

There.  A little bit of brightness.  We do have a lot to be thankful for, even if times are trying just now

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

She’s lovely Andy

A Bichon?

Seeing as you’ve showed me yours, here’s a sneak preview of mine

Everybody - Aaaaaaaw

137E0716-C301-4607-91BD-BBEEFD26F16E.jpeg

Oh how sweet... 

Lets see how cute you think she is when she wees in your slippers... 😊

Yes, Bella is a Bichon. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well we have decided to bring our 2 indoor cats  to the caravan for the first time... was really worried ....

End of day one after a faultless journey over they have taken  over the accommodation and are sussing out the best seats  .........20200729_221712.thumb.jpg.e579269ac636688595766f199542f275.jpg

Usual cat behaviour then   😹😹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Well done the cats!

We seriously considered buying a static (eventually abandoned the idea as felt the costs, in this part of the world, we just too high.  Spending the kids’ inheritance is all very well but just not that quickly).

Back to topic - if we had have taken the plunge we, too, would have taken our indoor cats on their caravan holidays!  We were planning to get a joiner in to make a mesh or similar door for the spare bedroom, so the cats would have their own safe place during the day

Animal daft, aren’t we?

Vamps - your old boy is lovely.  Bet the girls love him and he adores them

There.  A little bit of brightness.  We do have a lot to be thankful for, even if times are trying just now

thank you. He is 13 now but he doesn’t look it. He also often forgets, he has a mad half hour chasing the kids usually on the beach or if they have bubbles then he is shattered for the rest of the day. Have thought this year he is going down hill more quickly now and I don’t know what we would ever do without him. 
he is really good with the kids. He likes to be in the same places so will follow them to the garden or the living room where he can keep watch. He loves a fuss but he always waits for them to come to him he won’t go and bother them for a stroke. I think he is the most laid back one in the house. 

today- I’m sure I was promised some sun today. As it’s my day off we were going to the county park for a bike ride but it seems kinda grey. Best not rain when we have a bbq

11 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

My good friend has a Jackapoo and he's a wonderful dog, and very smart.  DH loves to take him for walks and he does need lots of exercise. He goes berserk with excitement at visitors - but doesn't jump up at them; he's well trained 😉 - great dog; sure you will be happy with your choice.

• Like 2

Where we are is beautiful but is a dump regarding animal welfare.After a sad week where we lost 2 of "our"semiferal cats in unpleasant circumstances and culminating with me climbing a 6 ft wall and rescuing 3 new born kittens in a concrete pit.Last Sunday walking to the market this poor sod ran across the busy beach rd to us.He was covered in ticks,lice and fleas.After 2 special shampoos and frontline treatment we got him half decent.Only problem now he has energy,he is always biting and trying to hump,lol.The local rescue volunteer is inundated and cannot help.By a miracle,a lady who rescues dogs in Rome walked past our house and said she would have him.Only problem she isn't back from holiday until 4 weeks time,so we will keep him and drive to Rome 7hrs each way.We spend more on animals than we do ourselves,lol.Before and after photos.20200719_075838.thumb.jpg.fc78f05aeeca6b7cc066a2f8e08fe091.jpg20200729_155010.thumb.jpg.11ede3551f865c09b9dec54fa9a427e3.jpg

• Like 1

What are things like where we are?  Pretty bad unfortunately,  given the news this morning that England had the highest excess death rate in the whole of Europe since Coronavirus kicked off.

No wonder we're in such a mess here, with another wave now forecast and the economy in a state of collapse. 

If only our government hadn't been asleep in February and early March. 

Today we went a local drive around and decided to look at the view from a local view point

and found a little secret garden to have a walk around that was well tended to but not a soul

in sight .

Then we decided to have a run pass my Daughters and stopped in our car and got to see my 

Granddaughter for the first time this year .So today has been a good one for us.:classic_smile:

20200726_124425.thumb.jpg.b493b7b21d01416bb9bba17c17212a66.jpg

• Like 8