P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I can tie up two conversations here - I’ve been wearing my LFC Mask! I have to come out as a secret scouser! 
I would say round my way not many masks have been worn but now it’s mandatory I reckon it was about 99% at my local shopping centre yesterday. We stopped for petrol at a small garage and everyone wore a mask into the shop to pay except for one woman. John was in the shop and said the cashier didn’t challenge her - but then she would have probably driven off without paying!

I went to work for the first time since lockdown as I had been working from home.

None of the convenience store owners were wearing masks but fortunately the vast majority of customers were.

I wore my plastic visor in my calls.

• Like 1

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 
went to brid on holiday. Saw a seal surprisingly. 

my nephew was born. The nurses damaged his head with the foreceps, he went to Sheffield children’s hospital. There has been lots of issues with his bloods and his feeding and everything but after 11 days in hospital he is coming home today so we are all very thankful. 

been busy at work so looking forward to time off now and some baby snuggles. 

hope everyone is well 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

my nephew was born. The nurses damaged his head with the foreceps, he went to Sheffield children’s hospital. There has been lots of issues with his bloods and his feeding and everything but after 11 days in hospital he is coming home today so we are all very thankful. 

hope everyone is well 

Yes we did!  Good to see you back.  We were genuinely worried about the sudden disappearance.

Glad you had a good holiday in Bridlington, but sorry your little nephew’s birth was so traumatic. Looking a lot better for him now I hope?

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

hope everyone is well 

We did, and enquired about your whereabouts. Good to see you back.

How's your husband's job?

36 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

hope everyone is well 

We did miss you. Glad you're back and wish you and your family well.😁

45 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

hope everyone is well 

So glad to have you back. You've been missed. I hope all's still well with the family and on the work front. By the way, where's my rock from Brid?  😊

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

hope everyone is well 

Good to see you back and yes you were missed 🙂

Enjoy your baby cuddles!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

did you miss me

had a few strange weeks. 

hope everyone is well 

Welcome back,we were wondering where you were.

Awww it’s nice to be missed

Avril we didn’t get any rock. We did get some lovely chocolate honeycomb from the John Bull shop. Apart from that we didn’t venture far. 

I had an ordeal with some seagulls. 
we shared a cone of chips and they were eyeing me up. We walked a little further an sat behind the pirate ship booth with some donuts. Obviously they targeted me. Four dive bombed me, I screamed and chucked it up in the air, the seagulls got a lovely treat and I turn around and are my family gonna save me. Nope they are nearly wetting themselves with laughter. Needless to say I didn’t find it funny. 
suppose it could have been worse they could have pooped on me after. 

this is the seal

BA2AA4A8-40CD-4B26-A124-13836D5E8444.thumb.jpeg.e7cc2ddb391111068b8505b0e82ee925.jpeg

we were at Barmston beach. We went rock pooling every day. Georgia caught a crap and then kissed it 🤢 while Scarlett ran away screaming. And the dog couldn’t even make it three steps into the caravan. He is 13 now so we had to lift him in and out. Not so easy a 25kg Labrador. 

hubby’s job seems to be ok but they asked for him to be furloughed again. Only upside is that means I don’t have to sort childcare. 

what has everyone else been up to? Are you guys leaving the house yet as I remember quite a few were shielding before. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Awww it’s nice to be missed

Avril we didn’t get any rock. We did get some lovely chocolate honeycomb from the John Bull shop. Apart from that we didn’t venture far. 

I had an ordeal with some seagulls. 
we shared a cone of chips and they were eyeing me up. We walked a little further an sat behind the pirate ship booth with some donuts. Obviously they targeted me. Four dive bombed me, I screamed and chucked it up in the air, the seagulls got a lovely treat and I turn around and are my family gonna save me. Nope they are nearly wetting themselves with laughter. Needless to say I didn’t find it funny. 
suppose it could have been worse they could have pooped on me after. 

this is the seal

BA2AA4A8-40CD-4B26-A124-13836D5E8444.thumb.jpeg.e7cc2ddb391111068b8505b0e82ee925.jpeg

we were at Barmston beach. We went rock pooling every day. Georgia caught a crap and then kissed it 🤢 while Scarlett ran away screaming. And the dog couldn’t even make it three steps into the caravan. He is 13 now so we had to lift him in and out. Not so easy a 25kg Labrador. 

hubby’s job seems to be ok but they asked for him to be furloughed again. Only upside is that means I don’t have to sort childcare. 

what has everyone else been up to? Are you guys leaving the house yet as I remember quite a few were shielding before. 

Glad you are back & everyone is well. Fingers crossed for your nephew too.

By coincidence we have just booked 4 nights in a caravan at Barmston Beach for the end of August. I've never stayed in a caravan in my life and would love to hear what you made of the resort?

Cheers

Damian

21 minutes ago, DamianG said:

By coincidence we have just booked 4 nights in a caravan at Barmston Beach for the end of August. I've never stayed in a caravan in my life and would love to hear what you made of the resort?

Cheers

Damian

Is it the park resorts one?

it wasn’t up to what we would have liked to be honest but we did only get the basic caravan cos of the dog. The kids little play area was great and we could get down to the beach on both sides. My lot liked the beach access the best. Straight up and onto the rock pooling for hours. They were even in the sea and it wasn’t the warmest day but they were bothered. 

I went in the little shop. It was a tad expensive. 

I can’t really be any help in the bar and the chippy etc. Some of the people sat outside were a little rough around the edges for me and I’m a Yorkshire lass we aren’t usually bothered but one or two looked rough that first night but we just didn’t bother going to the onsite pub and it was brilliant, also never saw those two again that week either. We just did loads of beach, walking, in the little park and it was great for us. 
the first night I did say I wouldn’t come back but by the last night we all agreed we would and have since actually been looking to go back. It’s a very very small site so the pub wasn’t the biggest or best looking as it doesn’t cater to enough I don’t think But I didn’t try the food so I can only point out the look of the place and I really shouldn’t judge like that as one of my favourite restaurants I thought the same before I ate there. There is the black bull pub that’s about 5min walk. We went to the lobster pot about a 10min drive for dinner was nice beer garden. 
the beach access absolutely made it for us as that’s what we really wanted. We didn’t go into brid much due to all the corona weirdness. 

is it the best site I’ve been on? No

its not the worst either. That was Vauxhall. 
would I go back. Yes I would

its really good for the money too. The better site we stayed on was a lot more expensive than this one. 

we are going back in August to brid but we have haven at reighton sands there. Only going for the Filey food festival. 

would have gone back here this week actually but it was all booked up. 

Edited by Vampiress88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

We went rock pooling every day. Georgia caught a crap and then kissed it  Scarlett ran away screaming.

Hiya Vamps,

Glad to hear you and your loved ones had a good family break up at Barmston.

I hope that was a mistype on your part as I know you can get some dodgy stuff floating in the North Sea.

If it wasn't I think I would have joined Scarlett running away gipping and screaming .:classic_unsure::classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Nothings really changed here for me ,still shielding but We have decent sized garden for me to roam around.

I did have a telephone chat with the doctors and was told to be very,very careful  when outside.

So what we have done up to yet was pay £2.50 to park up and watch the ducks at Rother Valley park.

I did step out of the car for a while when no one was around .

We also had a run to Thrybergh country park and sat inside the car watching the people feeding the birds 

On the Reservoir .

Anyway glad to hear you all had a good time away and next time you go ,a little hint for you Vamps ..

Stop screaming at the seagulls you might upset them .:classic_tongue::classic_smile:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hiya Vamps,

Glad to hear you and your loved ones had a good family break up at Barmston.

I hope that was a mistype on your part as I know you can get some dodgy stuff floating in the North Sea.

If it wasn't I think I would have joined Scarlett running away gipping and screaming .:classic_unsure::classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Nothings really changed here for me ,still shielding but We have decent sized garden for me to roam around.

I did have a telephone chat with the doctors and was told to be very,very careful  when outside.

So what we have done up to yet was pay £2.50 to park up and watch the ducks at Rother Valley park.

I did step out of the car for a while when no one was around .

We also had a run to Thrybergh country park and sat inside the car watching the people feeding the birds 

On the Reservoir .

Anyway glad to hear you all had a good time away and next time you go ,a little hint for you Vamps ..

Stop screaming at the seagulls you might upset them .:classic_tongue::classic_smile:

oh gosh yes it was a typo 🤦‍♀️ 

33576F93-C1B7-4C0F-806A-1D90E2A1A8A9.thumb.png.dc392aff70913579b447745ec5b02d05.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DamianG said:

Cheers

Damian

Hi,our family rent 2 caravans every May bank holiday.Normally Park Resorts and more recently Haven.Haven is a bit more upmarket,but the kids love both.This year it was cancelled for obvious reasons but Haven were very quick with the refunds.For that reason alone we will go back to them rather than others who have been not so quick.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Is it the park resorts one?

it wasn’t up to what we would have liked to be honest but we did only get the basic caravan cos of the dog. The kids little play area was great and we could get down to the beach on both sides. My lot liked the beach access the best. Straight up and onto the rock pooling for hours. They were even in the sea and it wasn’t the warmest day but they were bothered. 

I went in the little shop. It was a tad expensive. 

I can’t really be any help in the bar and the chippy etc. Some of the people sat outside were a little rough around the edges for me and I’m a Yorkshire lass we aren’t usually bothered but one or two looked rough that first night but we just didn’t bother going to the onsite pub and it was brilliant, also never saw those two again that week either. We just did loads of beach, walking, in the little park and it was great for us. 
the first night I did say I wouldn’t come back but by the last night we all agreed we would and have since actually been looking to go back. It’s a very very small site so the pub wasn’t the biggest or best looking as it doesn’t cater to enough I don’t think But I didn’t try the food so I can only point out the look of the place and I really shouldn’t judge like that as one of my favourite restaurants I thought the same before I ate there. There is the black bull pub that’s about 5min walk. We went to the lobster pot about a 10min drive for dinner was nice beer garden. 
the beach access absolutely made it for us as that’s what we really wanted. We didn’t go into brid much due to all the corona weirdness. 

its really good for the money too. The better site we stayed on was a lot more expensive than this one. 

we are going back in August to brid but we have haven at reighton sands there. Only going for the Filey food festival. 

would have gone back here this week actually but it was all booked up. 

Thanks very much, you've pretty much described it as I imagine it will be like. The Lobster Pot sounds great and I've just looked it up online. We'll definitely give it a try.

Cheers

Damian

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Would that be the Vauxhall Caravan Park in Great Yarmouth? The one on a really busy road, opposite the railway line, and about a mile from the beach? If so, just driving past it makes me shudder.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all keeping safe in these strange times.

We have just booked a short break away, three adults and four grandchildren at Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire. Booked a luxury caravan with hot tub. It looks very nice with lots of activities for the grandchildren to keep them occupied. Just looking forward to getting away.

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1