P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I rarely drink alcohol now.

My favourite is hoppy beer(Old Speckled hen) or a

New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.

A nice Prosecco makes a refreshing change.

Good afternoon Graham, and how are you feeling now? Much better I hope😊

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been into the office this morning, was  supposed to be for an hour but turned into an hour and a half. Add on my half hour walk each way and my 5 hour shift went very quickly!! Was very odd wearing my mask. Didn’t go upstairs where I actually normally work as I just went to the training room downstairs. So in and out with plenty of hand sanitiser and we wiped down the computers after.
Anyway we’re having a new system soon and it was training for that. I was quite excited to be going out!! It’s a bit worrying learning a new computer system remotely so it was good to see it ‘live’ so to speak. 

Snuggled up at home now glad tomorrow is a day off as I haven’t slept well the last few days.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Good to hear you’re pretty chipper Graham

It’s just a lovely day here.  We’ve had blue sky (some white clouds) and warm sun all day.  Lovely

No news of course.  It feels very quiet when we go out with the pup.  The roads look quieter than a few weeks ago.  Odd.  Do you think we have all given up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just been for a 5 mile walk and it is really mild up here in Cheshire. Must be one of the warmest Autumns on record, summer bedding (begonias, alyssum, lobelia, geraniums, cosmos etc) are still flowering and the winter / spring shrubs flowers are coming out ( winter jasmine, snow drops, some daffodils).

I was born and bred in Southampton before I moved uup north in the mid 80s and I would say that the climate in Cheshire is now milder than Southampton in the 60s and 70s and looking at all the fuschias still flowering more like the Scilly Isles!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just a thought, winter starts next week, anyone had their winter fuel allowance yet? 🥶

Winter has been here for weeks already.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

It is 2 degrees outside and blowing a gale so feels like minus 2. Went out to collect one of the emptied bins from the end of the drive as they were blowing all over the place and got soaked and frozen in the 30 seconds it took.

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I've just been for a 5 mile walk and it is really mild up here in Cheshire. Must be one of the warmest Autumns on record, summer bedding (begonias, alyssum, lobelia, geraniums, cosmos etc) are still flowering and the winter / spring shrubs flowers are coming out ( winter jasmine, snow drops, some daffodils).

I was born and bred in Southampton before I moved uup north in the mid 80s and I would say that the climate in Cheshire is now milder than Southampton in the 60s and 70s and looking at all the fuschias still flowering more like the Scilly Isles!!

The weather has defiantly changed. When I was young it would be frosty at this time of the year and snow in December and January. Now it is much more likely to be wet and slightly warmer and by warmer I mean 1 to 5 degrees rather than in the minus for most of winter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just a thought, winter starts next week, anyone had their winter fuel allowance yet? 🥶

No not yet, they seem to be later this year.  We've had the letters. Funny thing though, reading inside it said to contact them if the allowance hasn't been received by December 23rd. Not noticed that on them before.

Avril

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

No not yet, they seem to be later this year.  We've had the letters. Funny thing though, reading inside it said to contact them if the allowance hasn't been received by December 23rd. Not noticed that on them before.

Avril

Nit had a letter yet, is it sent out alphabetically?

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Cardhu Gold Reserve. He got introduced to it a couple of years ago by my BIL.

Avril

Ive tried Cardhu but not that particular one. I must give it a try, I tend to enjoy Speyside (who am I kidding, I like most decent drams).