P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My Asda delivery arrived an hour ago and everything I'd ordered came. Just the one sub stitute, 500g of carrots instead of 250g. I can leave extra for the reindeer and make carrot and coriander soup as well so that's ok. I did however get a wonderful surprise. My bread wasn't squashed between the potatoes and other veg, and the growing basil wasn't thrown in the bottom of a tray with heavier items on top. Dates were good too so I'm happy😊

Avril

T'Asda know how to look after us Yorkshire folk.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We popped along to the local outlet mall and now we are sitting in the car eating our sandwiches.

Can't remember where you are Graham, but it's absolutely horrible down here in South Devon.  Windy, and very wet.

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That seems wrong to an old cheese man like me!  Should be Best Before, and that date is more to  with the integrity of the packaging than the impact on cheese quality.

It does seem wrong, and it was - sorry, my mistake.  It’s from a smallish company not that far from where you are, and it is a BB date.  Thought it was use by and had something to do with using unpasteurised milk.

Lincolnshire Poacher and various even better variants, such as Knuckleduster. They do a good mail order service. Advert over. That last one is difficult to get hold of, and it’s perfectly fine a year after its BB date.

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

I had two best before 23/12 items delivered yesterday, only one substitution.

Poor old you - awful stuff when it gets everywhere, plus presume you now have no cream. I opt out of tray liners hadn't got a clue what they were until I read this: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6224842/tesco-tray-liners-home-delivery/p1 on MSE),

Interesting link, Annie - thanks. Tray liners are fine in theory, but they’re enormous, and impossible to carry if they’re full of heavy stuff - and the heavy stuff crushes the lighter and more fragile stuff, like the cream. 

I can manage without cream - the mess was the real problem, plus the fact that if they’d stuck to bags it wouldn’t have happened.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I must remember to check for squashed bread in future if the driver refunds you.

You can request a refund online with Asda if you find things damaged or missing after the driver's left. I would have thought it was the same with other stores as well.

Avril

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Had a voicemail from Tesco, the delivery will be delayed because of 'issues' at the depot 😨

Happy xmas everyone, it will soon be easter and the eggs are already in cold store 🤤

Well the order arrived with some surprises. The trio of olive bloomer has a best by date of tomorrow, anyone know how to keep it longer? They substituted the gammon joint with a 2Kg one with crackling 😱 and finally the Rye bread had green and yellow mould on it 🤢, I am getting a refund on that one. the fridge is stuffed and I soon will be as well 🤤

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Well the order arrived with some surprises. The trio of olive bloomer has a best by date of tomorrow, anyone know how to keep it longer? They substituted the gammon joint with a 2Kg one with crackling 😱 and finally the Rye bread had green and yellow mould on it 🤢, I am getting a refund on that one. the fridge is stuffed and I soon will be as well 🤤

Cut the bloomer up into single portions, put in plastic bags, and freeze. 

Oh dear about the rest! Still, at least they didn't force you to become vegetarian on Christmas Day by delivering no alternative.

• Like 1

Farm shop delivered on schedule

2 bone rib of beef 😳. It’s big.  I weighed it - 3.5kg 😳. Nearly as heavy as the dog, who was 4kg at her last appointment.  Never mind.  I’ll make tons of good gravy and have fun slicing, portioning and freezing, to keep us in occasional roast beef dinners till Easter.  I’ll be sure to cook it quite pink, to keep moisture and flavour

Pigs in blankets (theirs) and bubble and squeak (mine) tonight.  Christmas, back to front! 🙂

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Cut the bloomer up into single portions, put in plastic bags, and freeze. 

Oh dear about the rest! Still, at least they didn't force you to become vegetarian on Christmas Day by delivering no alternative.

I had better get the mallet out to hammer the bread into the spaces in the freezer, the last true space now contains a salted caramel cheescake 😁

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Hancock press conf. at 3pm today, no doubt telling us we're all in tier 2,582,248.

Woe, woe, and thrice woe.😪

I doubt that. Just telling us the latest developments. I doubt he will treat it as lightheartedly as that.

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I had better get the mallet out to hammer the bread into the spaces in the freezer, the last true space now contains a salted caramel cheescake 😁

We will cook the gammon tonight. Don't need to, but it will make room in the freezer😁

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Farm shop delivered on schedule

2 bone rib of beef 😳. It’s big.  I weighed it - 3.5kg 😳. Nearly as heavy as the dog, who was 4kg at her last appointment.  Never mind.  I’ll make tons of good gravy and have fun slicing, portioning and freezing, to keep us in occasional roast beef dinners till Easter.  I’ll be sure to cook it quite pink, to keep moisture and flavour

Pigs in blankets (theirs) and bubble and squeak (mine) tonight.  Christmas, back to front! 🙂

Port and stilton for breakfast,?.🤣

40 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Hancock press conf. at 3pm today, no doubt telling us we're all in tier 2,582,248.

Woe, woe, and thrice woe.😪

Looks like you Got that wrong. Just a few sensible extra precautions to deal with the mutants.

My delivery arrived and all items present and correct with no substitutions.  

Tesco charge 40p per order for bags or liners. When they were using just liners one of our delivery drivers decided to just carry the liners from the van to our front door and a bottle of wine fell through the bottom and broke😮 I got credited for two bottles of prosecco instead 😀

• Like 6