P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m sure you will be fine and they will deliver 🦃

Not sure. Asda, Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado have all been cancelling turkey orders due to a '' technical glitch'' One poor woman had her turkey substituted with a large pack of stuffing. How insulting was that?

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Not sure. Asda, Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado have all been cancelling turkey orders due to a '' technical glitch'' One poor woman had her turkey substituted with a large pack of stuffing. How insulting was that?

Avril

Good news for the Turkeys.😂

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

That’s dreadful. I just hope you are lucky, let us know.

My turkey came from a local farm, delivered and in the fridge. I just wish I could send you some to share.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My Waitrose order (and small turkey) is due tomorrow evening. I’m not optimistic about what will actually be delivered. They are normally very good, but these are unusual times.

• Like 7

On a lighter note, I just went to the door when I heard a knock, there was no one there but there was a little bag made from Christmas paper. I picked it up and looked inside and there was a cup cake and a painted pebble, then I saw 3 children running out of next door's drive and they shouted "Happy Christmas" to me.  It was the only children that live in our street. I looked along the street and I could see their dad standing at the end of their drive watching them.  I know that it is perhaps not the wisest thing to eat something from someone else's home at the moment so I won't but I think that the sentiment was lovely.

IMG_20201222_185305.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 15

16 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

My Waitrose order (and small turkey) is due tomorrow evening. I’m not optimistic about what will actually be delivered. They are normally very good, but these are unusual times.

Fingers crossed for you.🤞 Hope it all arrives, or sensible substitions, which the local Tesco here is brilliant at. They have been utterly superb all the way through, but it seems the luck of the draw with your local store.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

🤞 hopefully you are worrying unnecessarily.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

On a lighter note, I just went to the door when I heard a knock, there was no one there but there was a little bag made from Christmas paper. I picked it up and looked inside and there was a cup cake and a painted pebble, then I saw 3 children running out of next door's drive and they shouted "Happy Christmas" to me.  It was the only children that live in our street. I looked along the street and I could see their dad standing at the end of their drive watching them.  I know that it is perhaps not the wisest thing to eat something from someone else's home at the moment so I won't but I think that the sentiment was lovely.

IMG_20201222_185305.jpg

That is so nice. Even though things have changed drastically for us all this year the kindness of some is uplifting.  Your gift and our carol singing motorbike riding santas. It all helps to brighten our christmas.

Avril

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Avril, when I got home from work, my single friend in London telephoned me.  She was feeling very down this morning and particularly having visited one of her depressed souls that she does on a weekly basis as part of her local Good Neighbours scheme.  Anyway, her buzzer sounded and a voice said it's Ian.  Ian who, she said.  Turned out to be her choirmasters with his daughter and a ghettoblaster.  They began to sing Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful and she joined in.  She is in fact a singer, so there they were belting out the song when another couple drove up in their car and stared at the noise and then joined in!  After it wss over they gave her a lovely red bag containing some biccies and chocolate.   Absolutely made her day.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Went to Tesco on my way home from work tonight.  Very civilised, not crowded.  Short on bread flour, but still got some.  Got everything I wanted which wasn't a great deal.  Now don't have to go out any more until after Christmas.

Looking on BBC news online saying Tesco is rationing Eggs, Rice and Toilet rolls. You wonder why someone eating eggs and rice actually needs toilet roll😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Looking on BBC news online saying Tesco is rationing Eggs, Rice and Toilet rolls. You wonder why someone eating eggs and rice actually needs toilet roll😁

They are also running out of salad items including lettuce, and that is just the tip of the iceberg...😊 

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I know it's not that helpful, but I did my last shop "run" today before Christmas, and Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and M&S had ample stocks of turkeys, both whole birds and crowns,  so hopefully you will be OK. 

• Like 2

It's that strange time of year again when the house is full of lovely food but I am not allowed to eat anything as it is 'for Christmas'...😢

Too tip fir today... 

I know you lot will be having the finest, fresh goose/turkey delivered by the local butcher or Waitrose, but if any of you have a frozen turkey, today is the day to start thinking about defrosting...

Andy 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's that strange time of year again when the house is full of lovely food but I am not allowed to eat anything as it is 'for Christmas'...😢

Too tip fir today... 

I know you lot will be having the finest, fresh goose/turkey delivered by the local butcher or Waitrose, but if any of you have a frozen turkey, today is the day to start thinking about defrosting...

Andy 

Thanks for the reminder Andy.

I checked on the Tesco website for our 1.2 kg turkey crown and found this :

• British Turkey Crown 1kg – 1.4kg – 10-14 hours
  • British Turkey Crown 1.5kg – 1.9kg – 15-19 hours
  • British Turkey Crown 2kg – 2.3kg – 20-23 hours
  • British Turkey Crown 2.4kg – 2.8kg – 24-28 hours
  • British Turkey Crown 2.9 – 3.5kg – 29-35 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 2 – 2.5kg – 20-25 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 2.6 – 3.8kg – 26-38 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 3.9 – 5.2kg – 39-52 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 5.3 – 6.9kg – 53-69 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 7 – 8.8kg – 70-88 hours
  • British Turkey Whole Bird 8.9 – 10.6kg – 89-106 hours
  • Finest FR Bronze 3.2 – 4.8kg – 32-48 hours
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Busy day for me today.  My family have arranged a Secret Santa between them and have arranged for everyone to drop all the presents here today!  So with everyone coming a going it will be like Piccadilly Circus, except it's in Tier 4!  I have also got my Tesco delivery this afternoon (including sprouts for my mother as she forgot to order any) - fingers crossed everything arrives.

• Like 7