P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Red in this form is particularly handy as I’m the only one who drinks it so the bottle spoils before I get round to finishing it, goes flabby after a couple of days even with a cap on and ends up in the spag Bol.

I fear my bottles never spoil.🙀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Just for balance, there was a magpie out there as well. Just the one.😂

We get plenty of Magpies and the occasional Spotted Woodpecker, never had a Green one though.

Will you be taking part in RSPB big garden birdwatching next weekend?.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Morning all, I have ‘spoken’ to John by text on his break and he is doing ok at work. In his words he’s “plodding along” , normally he’s rushing about like a whirlwind! I think he’s actually feeling his age today (60, not old but it’s a very physical job)

I fully expect him to fall asleep when he gets home!

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

We get plenty of Magpies and the occasional Spotted Woodpecker, never had a Green one though.

Will you be taking part in RSPB big garden birdwatching next weekend?.

I will; how about you? We have a resident Greater Spotted Woodpecker who regularly attends the bird feeder.

How is your grandson getting on?

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, I have ‘spoken’ to John by text on his break and he is doing ok at work. In his words he’s “plodding along” , normally he’s rushing about like a whirlwind! I think he’s actually feeling his age today (60, not old but it’s a very physical job)

I fully expect him to fall asleep when he gets home!

That’s good that he is at least managing. A bit of pampering when he comes home and an early night perhaps in order.

• Like 1

Just now, AnnieC said:

I will; how about you? We have a resident Greater Spotted Woodpecker who regularly attends the bird feeder.

How is your grandson getting on?

Grandson is about the same up and down, at least he is in the same situation has his school friends at the moment with on line classes.

We always take part in the birdwatch, what we see on the day depends very much on the prevailing weather.

• Like 3

Snowing like mad again here - we just love it. It was a bit of a pain at work on Thursday clearing the site to make sure we were safe to open, but just love, love, love it. We usually go to Lapland in February and obviously won't be going this year so are really pleased to be getting a taste of it here.

It really makes everywhere look beautiful and have just send hubby out to make sure the bird feeders are topped up and now the bird bath. Shame it is the RSPB Bird Watch Weekend and am guessing most birds are hiding cuddled up somewhere at the minute so will leave it until tomorrow. (At least the cats are in 😉 )

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well here is some information that you might find useful, something that brightened my morning too. My favourite wine merchants is now doing a very decent red bag in a box style, perfect for taking onboard for a glass on the balcony.

I’ve tried other box wines and they are usually passable but not great. I have however had a case of stones and bones before and it’s a very drinkable Portuguese. 

Has anyone found other decent wines in a box? I’ve tried a few from supermarkets but they never quite hit the mark for me. Red in this form is particularly handy as I’m the only one who drinks it so the bottle spoils before I get round to finishing it, goes flabby after a couple of days even with a cap on and ends up in the spag Bol.

We've taken some Hardys in a box - perfectly quaffable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

Snowing like mad again here - we just love it. It was a bit of a pain at work on Thursday clearing the site to make sure we were safe to open, but just love, love, love it. We usually go to Lapland in February and obviously won't be going this year so are really pleased to be getting a taste of it here.

It really makes everywhere look beautiful and have just send hubby out to make sure the bird feeders are topped up and now the bird bath. Shame it is the RSPB Bird Watch Weekend and am guessing most birds are hiding cuddled up somewhere at the minute so will leave it until tomorrow. (At least the cats are in 😉 )

PS Notice the 'just sent hubby out' , well poor hubby just fell flying so am going out to finish off. Oh dear ...... if there is such a thing as 'man flu' is there such a thing as a 'man fall / slip' ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

An extra powerful supersoaker works, as does keeping the bird food high up. That is on the presumption that birds can fly ,but cats can't. They can jump quite high with the encouragement of a good water pistol.

Are there such things as water rifles, of the sniper variety, my local enemy has taken to knocking down the anti cat fences 😠

22 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Are there such things as water rifles, of the sniper variety, my local enemy has taken to knocking down the anti cat fences 😠

You can't say I didn't warn you. You will never never never defeat a cat. I've had cats for most of my life and not once have I won an argument.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Bird Watch weekend is next week 29th - 31st so you still have time. Get the biccies out ready for the tea!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

PS Notice the 'just sent hubby out' , well poor hubby just fell flying so am going out to finish off. Oh dear ...... if there is such a thing as 'man flu' is there such a thing as a 'man fall / slip' ?

A man fall is definitely more serious than a woman  fall  you are going to be busy taking care of him 😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, davecttr said:

We used to have lots of birds and then the cats arrived. Supersoaker deployed. Cats gone, birds back. Result 🤣

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A man fall is definitely more serious than a woman  fall  you are going to be busy taking care of him 😂

I am a perfect gentleman. I always hold the ladder for DW when she is cleaning the windows🤣

• Like 2