P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 hours ago, ann141 said:

Just had a delivery from Ocado. Nothing missing 🙂 

Just had our weekly delivery from Sainsbugs and the only thing missing was my 4 pack of Brewdog Punk IPA. That certainly is not due to import issues  more likely it's because we are all drinking more at home during this pandemic.

Today has been sunny and about 8 degrees after 2 days of heavy rain. Met a friend for a 4 mile walk and it was lovely to chat to someone in the flesh for a change - first time I have seen someone other than DH for 3 weeks.

I’ve just been looking at some of the pictures of the areas flooded by Storm Christoph and feel so sorry for those people affected. I hope none of you are experiencing flooding in your locality.

• Like 2

I agree SeaJane I feel so sorry for the people flooded, especially as a lot of them have snow too, brrr!
Had lots of rain and wind last night but this morning was quite sunny. By the time I finished my shift at 1pm the sun had gone. I needed my repeat prescription so I nipped to the chemist and got it. First time I’ve left  the house in nearly 2 weeks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

We did - it was good to do the puzzles and trying to work out whodunnit but we were

not happy with the result and reckoned the winners had done it before- sour grapes?

I will not tell you why we were not happy in case it spoils it for you if you do another.

We have also done a couple of "escape room" ones and got locked in as did most others

we talked to.

Just finished the zoom Murder Mystery.One suspect had a husband who had 'mysteriously disappeared' from a cruise ship! 

Our experience of murder mysteries on cruise ships has been when a retired police inspector(can't remember his name)has been a guest speaker and then gone on to lead the event over several days with some guests onboard being 'the suspects' .We have found them great fun (I think we have taken part in 2 events, once on Britannia, the other on Ventura).Never tried an 'Escape room.Was that  onboard a ship or at a venue near you?My son in law is manager of a shop and an Escape Room business is opening next to his shop in the near future

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I agree SeaJane I feel so sorry for the people flooded, especially as a lot of them have snow too, brrr!
Had lots of rain and wind last night but this morning was quite sunny. By the time I finished my shift at 1pm the sun had gone. I needed my repeat prescription so I nipped to the chemist and got it. First time I’ve left  the house in nearly 2 weeks!

How are you and your husband feeling now?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just had our weekly delivery from Sainsbugs and the only thing missing was my 4 pack of Brewdog Punk IPA. That certainly is not due to import issues  more likely it's because we are all drinking more at home during this pandemic.

Maybe they cut production to make hand sanitiser instead. One of the hero companies of the pandemic in my opinion.

First trip out in the car since Christmas Day to drop off my granddaughters 15th birthday present & card in a socially distanced way.

Only 3 miles away, but finished up with a 18 mile trip as the road is closed and I took the “scenic” route back, gave the car a run out though, realised I am still running on fuel brought in July, think I only filled up 4 times in 2020 and two those were before March lockdown. Roads were quite busy felt like a normal day. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

FB_IMG_1611264378338.thumb.jpg.82d30e8664082b144afb6d20d2c9c26a.jpg

As it's my game I will go first !  ....    Sausage Dog 's :classic_unsure:

Thats an easy one they are  Zebras that got bored with black & white stripes looking into

a hall of mirrors mirror that makes it look like their legs and neck are stretched. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just heard that Pacific Princess has been sold.

Hopefully this might mean that Aurora and Arcadia are safe.

Thanks for the info.  Another Renaissance ship, very sad IMO, but Princess were not running her on itineraries that took advantage of her size.  Now, I wonder who bought her.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks for the info.  Another Renaissance ship, very sad IMO, but Princess were not running her on itineraries that took advantage of her size.  Now, I wonder who bought her.

Strong rumour that it could be Sycamore the same group that has just bought Azamara, would mean they have 4 R Ships.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Strong rumour that it could be Sycamore the same group that has just bought Azamara, would mean they have 4 R Ships.

That is what I was wondering.  Seems to make sense as they have both been sold at same time.  

• Like 1

Morning all, lovely day here today trees blowing just a bit, hubby said it’s cold though(just been out with dogs). Going into St Annes today as a couple of  banking stuff to do. Might go to my favourite sandwich shop as well , they do fab chocolate chip muffins with gooey centres!! Never mind the calories, no cruise dresses to wear in the near future!!

Michelle

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kalos said:

FB_IMG_1611264378338.thumb.jpg.82d30e8664082b144afb6d20d2c9c26a.jpg

As it's my game I will go first !  ....    Sausage Dog 's :classic_unsure:

Ah, Kalos - this lockdown has been going on far, far too long

I remember that joke from first time round, nearly a year ago!

It still made me smile though - and recycling is good, isn’t it?

• Like 1

It is a nice sunny morning here.

No rain forecast so we might go for a walk later.

Currently watching Place in the Sun in Crete on C18 eating my cinnamon flavour protein porridge.

It seems strange not planning or looking forward to cruises and hotel holidays.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Looks like being a nice, if nippy, day here.  Sun is already out.

How is everyone?  Bearing up?  I’ve been feeling pretty down this last few days, mainly personal/anniversaries which aren’t happy, etc, but as the end of January gets closer I will pick up.  Sunshine will help.  (Should have been in The Canaries on Iona 😢)

From a wider viewpoint, I am not as optimistic of the vaccine programme and government measures (pseudo lockdown etc) as I was previously.  And of course it’s a worldwide issue, too, unless you are fortunate enough to live in New Zealand.

I’ll revert to “Enjoy the Moment” strategy.  Don’t look too far ahead, because it’s just not possible to know what’s going to happen.  As for cruises ... well, it doesn’t look promising to me.  All holidays are precarious and cruising must be precarious +++. Personally, I find the prospect of planning and being disappointed more demoralising than setting my horizons lower - but that’s just me.  If it suits to plan and hope, then go for it, as long as you accept it may not happen

... and a very minor whinge, in comparison.  I see ‘Housekeeping’ has been busy around the site.  It doesn’t half put people off, when they take the trouble to tap out a post, or start a new topic, to have it whisked away.  I expect I’m being too precious ...

I should add that I appreciate that Moderation is a difficult and thankless task.  I know I would be useless at it

Have a good day everyone. Hope the sun shines for you

I’ve been in ‘live for the day’ mode for the last couple of weeks, and I’ve found that it is helpful - I’m neither ‘down’ or ‘up’ just neutral, which makes it easier to cope with day to day living. It also helps that I’ve cut down on consuming news, and instead I’ve been reading more and working on family history which makes me concentrate hard on detail. 

I was a bit concerned about the vaccination programme a few days ago, as numbers vaccinated fell for three days in a row. I could understand two days for the weekend, but three? But numbers have increased again for the last couple of days, so that reassures me. I do have nagging doubts about the decision to move the 2nd dose to 3 months. Just hope that doesn’t come back to bite us on the bum one day.  

As for cruises, my 2  remaining cruises have been moved to 2022, and I’m not even thinking about them. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ann141 said:

How are you and your husband feeling now?

Morning Ann, John is going back to work tomorrow 😱 The first day he could have gone back was yesterday but he wasn’t happy to do that. It was due to be his rota day off today so his manager suggested he goes back tomorrow. He told them he couldn’t guarantee he’d be working very speedily and the manager told him to go at his own pace. I’m a bit worried he’ll overdo it but we’ll see. Seems he got a mild dose ( I hope, bit reluctant to say he’s recovered yet) but his main symptoms were a cough, lack of appetite and very tired.

I think I may have had a milder version of John’s symptoms but didn’t get a test. Hopefully my vaccine protected me even though I only had it a week before John got ill.

It’s my afternoon shift today and the sun is out so we’re going to take a gentle walk in a while.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's just a rumour at the moment but seems likely.

I believe they are waiting to complete the Azamara deal first which is $201 million for 3 ships from RCG.

The main thing is it makes Aurora and Arcadia more safe from being sold.

41 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning Ann, John is going back to work tomorrow 😱 The first day he could have gone back was yesterday but he wasn’t happy to do that. It was due to be his rota day off today so his manager suggested he goes back tomorrow. He told them he couldn’t guarantee he’d be working very speedily and the manager told him to go at his own pace. I’m a bit worried he’ll overdo it but we’ll see. Seems he got a mild dose ( I hope, bit reluctant to say he’s recovered yet) but his main symptoms were a cough, lack of appetite and very tired.

I think I may have had a milder version of John’s symptoms but didn’t get a test. Hopefully my vaccine protected me even though I only had it a week before John got ill.

It’s my afternoon shift today and the sun is out so we’re going to take a gentle walk in a while.

Excellent news, Sue. So pleased for John and yourself. Take it easy though.

Harry

• Like 1