P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

As yet we seem to be alright at the moment regarding the basic fresh fruit and vegetables. I have had the odd week that I couldn't get broccoli and fresh basil the last two weeks has been unavailable. The only thing that I'm finding hit and miss at the minute is Rowse honey! so when it's in I buy the max allowed, 3 jars. My home delivery is Asda.

Avril

I can get honey so that at least is something. No fresh basil here either but I am getting (if it comes) fresh Rosemary.

My deliveries have been ok so far.

Had a stroke of good luck today, well after the bad, if you know what I mean.

My boiler has been losing pressure I thought it could wait till I moved and the place was empty but it gave up.   I went to bed with a bobble hat on!  😃

My other half had given a heating company lots of work  before he retired so an engineer came very quickly.  He said boiler totally blown.   He explained that he had so much promised emergency work on that he couldn't do it for a while. He spoke to another Company and two of their men were on a job but had to leave it for a day, due to other tradesmen being there.  They turned up at 8.30  made some phone calls, left to pick up boiler and were gone by 1.30.  That can't be bad!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

My boiler has been losing pressure I thought it could wait till I moved and the place was empty but it gave up.   I went to bed with a bobble hat on!  😃

My other half had given a heating company lots of work  before he retired so an engineer came very quickly.  He said boiler totally blown.   He explained that he had so much promised emergency work on that he couldn't do it for a while. He spoke to another Company and two of their men were on a job but had to leave it for a day, due to other tradesmen being there.  They turned up at 8.30  made some phone calls, left to pick up boiler and were gone by 1.30.  That can't be bad!

That’s really lucky, particularly with the current weather.🥶

53 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I can get honey so that at least is something. No fresh basil here either but I am getting (if it comes) fresh Rosemary.

I have a large Rosemary bush outside the kitchen window, so I've no problem there. If you use it a lot it's worth growing. Very hardy and I can use it all year.

Snowing here now.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I have a large Rosemary bush outside the kitchen window, so I've no problem there. If you use it a lot it's worth growing. Very hardy and I can use it all year.

Snowing here now.

Avril

I have rosemary in the garden but it is looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment, I’m going to have to replant it. I have quite a big herb patch and it is really handy for flavouring up dishes.

I want to make rosemary oil so it needs to be quite vibrant for that.

What are you making with the basil (if you get some).

14 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Pleased you got your heating fixed.

We had a problem a few weeks ago with ours and had a couple of cold nights.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have rosemary in the garden but it is looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment, I’m going to have to replant it. I have quite a big herb patch and it is really handy for flavouring up dishes.

I want to make rosemary oil so it needs to be quite vibrant for that.

What are you making with the basil (if you get some).

We love Italian dishes and I prefer to use fresh basil, the dried is no sustitute at all. Basil is my favourite herb and I put omeletes as well as pastas, risottos and soups. I buy two growing pots every week and transfer them into mugs. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can keep them growing.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

We love Italian dishes and I prefer to use fresh basil, the dried is no sustitute at all. Basil is my favourite herb and I put omeletes as well as pastas, risottos and soups. I buy two growing pots every week and transfer them into mugs. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can keep them growing.

Avril

Yes the dried stuff is so bitter. I keep the growing plants in summer but they never seem to survive at this time of the year.

In winter I use fennel seeds instead of basil to pep up omelettes but Italian dishes really need the fresh basil.

We have booked the Princess cruise as well - definitely a moment of madness for us as not at all like our normal cruises.  I went to look at it to be nosy and no intention of booking at all.  Then Allan saw the deal which includes drinks, tips and wifi  (strange how he tends to get swayed by drinks packages) and decided he wanted to book it, so there goes.  Have already posted on the roll call.

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

That's incredible!  Pleased you were able to get it sorted so quickly - particularly at this time of year!  Horrible time to be without heating.

5 hours to replace a boiler - that's amazing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's incredible!  Pleased you were able to get it sorted so quickly - particularly at this time of year!  Horrible time to be without heating.

5 hours to replace a boiler - that's amazing!

We were a team of 3 and used to rip out and replace boiler,cylinder,7rads,tank and all the pipework in 8 hrs.Every day.Looking back I don't know how the hell we did it,lol.

• Like 1