P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just by not popping by for one day I’ve missed so much!

A belated happy anniversary to Avril and Frank , I did have a double take at the romantic sax!! 🎂🍾 🎉 Great news about the jabs too 😊

Happy belated birthday to Terrier Pauline too. 🎂🍾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Talking of Churchill I was only 2 months old when he died 😇 but according to my Facebook memories 6 years ago today John and I went on a day trip to London and one of the things we did was visit the Churchill war rooms!

I’ve been wanting to visit the Churchill War Rooms for ages, but never quite got round to it. 

hopefully I’ll get there one day! 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve been wanting to visit the Churchill War Rooms for ages, but never quite got round to it. 

hopefully I’ll get there one day! 

It was interesting but not as pretty as Chartwell!  It was weird looking at my photos, seeing all the people in the restaurant we had lunch in! 

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It was interesting but not as pretty as Chartwell!  It was weird looking at my photos, seeing all the people in the restaurant we had lunch in! 

I really like Chartwell.

it’s strange looking at old photos, and seeing people mingling without a care in the world. How quickly things changed 

• Like 4

We really like Chartwell as well.

Last time we went we bought a large wooden mushroom that had been carved with a chainsaw.  Was made from large branches of oak (I think) from the estate.  Used lockdown 1.0 to put Danish Oil on it.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's been a lovely day with some nice surprises. Cards and flowers, chocolates and two bottles of wine from our daughters and grandchildren, good wishes from CC friends and an appointment for our covid jab. After our  nice dinner with bottle of wine, we're now relaxing listening to some romantic sax, nibbling on chocolates, a glass (or 2)of Tia Maria and a coffee. Perfick😊

Avril

Glad to hear you had a good day and lots of present, and have an appointment for your jabs.

I think we're in for a bit of a mixed day down here of sunshine and showers. It's sunny at present but very windy. Our dustbin and recycling bags have been blow across the garden, lucky they are empty as it was bin day yesterday. 

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Talking of Churchill I was only 2 months old when he died 😇 but according to my Facebook memories 6 years ago today John and I went on a day trip to London and one of the things we did was visit the Churchill war rooms!

This time last year my husband and I spent the weekend in London. Afternoon Tea at the Wolseley, saw The Mousetrap at the theatre, stayed the night at The Rubens hotel and then strolled through St James’ Park and went to The Churchill War Rooms the next day. Fab weekend and the War Rooms were very interesting.

I’m missing days out in London!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

It’s a year today since the first hospital cases with covid in the U.K. a full year when life has not been normal.

You miss days out to London, what are others missing the most?

We probably all miss being able to meet up freely with family / friends and of course our cruises but what other day to day things do you miss the most.

For me it is a basic of life, shopping. I haven’t been in a shop since last March. The joy of browsing and selecting exactly what you want rather than being at the mercy of a picker at the supermarket (though I am grateful to them for the service they provide). The only up side is my husband isn’t able to slip so much chocolate into the trolly!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

This time last year my husband and I spent the weekend in London. Afternoon Tea at the Wolseley, saw The Mousetrap at the theatre, stayed the night at The Rubens hotel and then strolled through St James’ Park and went to The Churchill War Rooms the next day. Fab weekend and the War Rooms were very interesting.

We had lunch at a Marco Pierre restaurant, a Christmas present from my sister!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s a year today since the first hospital cases with covid in the U.K. a full year when life has not been normal.

We probably all miss being able to meet up freely with family / friends and of course our cruises but what other day to day things do you miss the most.

For me it is a basic of life, shopping. I haven’t been in a shop since last March. The joy of browsing and selecting exactly what you want rather than being at the mercy of a picker at the supermarket (though I am grateful to them for the service they provide). The only up side is my husband isn’t able to slip so much chocolate into the trolly!

Apart from my not seeing my grandson the most ‘normal’ thing I miss is going to Bluewater, we’d often go when the weather was bad, not just for the shops but usually a nice lunch as there’s a good choice of restaurants there.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes, I remember wondering at the time whether the virus had reached London or not, not worried enough not to go but it definitely crossed my mind. The Afternoon Tea was a Christmas present from our son and my husband originally wanted to wait until April when the weather would be better, glad we didn’t or we wouldn’t have got to go at all.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I miss talking to someone face to face.......

I also miss giving and being given a hug.

But better times are on the way.....

• Like 6

Other than missing family and friends (Missing most of them anyway 😂) I’m missing simple things like browsing in the shops rather than knowing what I’m going for, being as quick as possible and not deviating from the list. Also a biggy for me, I’m missing being alone in the house even for half an hour. I love my family dearly and I know that I’m very fortunate not living alone, but would love to be home alone occasionally, complete silence, bliss 😊

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Yes, I remember wondering at the time whether the virus had reached London or not, not worried enough not to go but it definitely crossed my mind. The Afternoon Tea was a Christmas present from our son and my husband originally wanted to wait until April when the weather would be better, glad we didn’t or we wouldn’t have got to go at all.

Husbands eh? Completely different but in October 2019 we went to see Liverpool play up in Liverpool, I wanted to go before I started my new job and the tickets hadn’t been released for the games after Christmas, John wanted to wait until March/April 2020! So pleased I fought my corner!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Not as lovely  as staying at the Rubens hotel!

The breakfast was very good and staff very friendly, room was small but nice and the little touches like having the pillows laid flat and the corners of the bedding turned down felt very luxurious, you don’t get that in the Premier Inns 😊 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I miss seeing my two daughters who live elsewhere, though I'm very lucky in having a bubble with my youngest daughter and her (long-suffering) husband. After that, it's seeing my brothers (never thought I'd say that - we came very close to fratricide as children), lunch/coffee with friends, the weekly wander around Sainsbury's, and regular visits to the remarkably good library in Norwich.

Strange how we've all found out what's important.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Husbands eh? Completely different but in October 2019 we went to see Liverpool play up in Liverpool, I wanted to go before I started my new job and the tickets hadn’t been released for the games after Christmas, John wanted to wait until March/April 2020! So pleased I fought my corner!

I’m glad you got to go! They clearly should listen to us more 😊

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Living 30 miles away we popped up to that London for the day, or sometimes stayed overnight. Not recently, but one day...soon🤔

• Like 2