P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just to cheer everyone up🥴

Boris briefing at 5pm.

I suspect he might be providing some sort of plan for getting us out of lockdown.

I just hope he realises that in itself it is bound to result in criticism, and when it inevitably has to be changed, there will be even more criticism.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I suspect he might be providing some sort of plan for getting us out of lockdown.

I just hope he realises that in itself it is bound to result in criticism, and when it inevitably has to be changed, there will be even more criticism.

I don't see any harm in having a plan, especially one that says, "if the R ratio is x , if the infection rate is y, and the death rate is z, we will do the following". That way everyone knows there is a plan, and can judge how far we are progressing. If the necessary criteria are not met, then the loosening of lockdown does not proceed, and no one will argue over the decision.

• Like 7

I feel he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Not just him but whoever was in charge would be criticised whatever their leanings.  I

Its one of those 'no win' situations. I wouldn't like to be making  those decisions at this time.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 16

Isn’t it likely to be a repeat of the statement he’s just made to the HoC?

Schools def not open till March 8, at the earliest, & preliminary plans for post-lockdown route map announced before that

Hospitality & leisure after that again, I suppose?  It’s a shame but I can’t see how we can go through another lockdown cycle

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Isn’t it likely to be a repeat of the statement he’s just made to the HoC?

Schools def not open till March 8, at the earliest, & preliminary plans for post-lockdown route map announced before that

Hospitality & leisure after that again, I suppose?  It’s a shame but I can’t see how we can go through another lockdown cycle

That's what I was thinking.

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Phone call just now from scammers. Always fun.

Caller: Hello. BT Openreach here. I’m calling about your internet connection.

Wife:  (enthusiastically) Wow, great! When are you coming to install it?

Loud click. Line goes dead.

😂. Another keyboard kaput!

Your wife sounds wonderful.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

As Brenda from Bristol would say

What, another one? 😳

Or as my youngest daughter just texted when I broke the news of another press briefing: "What does he want noooooow?!"

I told her they were introducing 'drink in to help out' and giving us all free wine for life. I fear she's going to be sorely disappointed.🍷

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

😂. Another keyboard kaput!

Your wife sounds wonderful.

She is, Annie. No question. I was lucky enough to meet a perfect gem working in a seaside restaurant together as students. One of the very rare occasions that I was actually more proficient in something than she was. I had been working there for 5 seasons though, and it was her first!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don't see any harm in having a plan, especially one that says, "if the R ratio is x , if the infection rate is y, and the death rate is z, we will do the following". That way everyone knows there is a plan, and can judge how far we are progressing. If the necessary criteria are not met, then the loosening of lockdown does not proceed, and no one will argue over the decision.

I wish I had your faith in the media and the opposition.

• Like 1