P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Me too. I remember my Mum sobbing as (and if my memory is correct) the coffin sailed down the Thames to the funeral. I was about 5. 

Blimey,good job it was waterproof.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Me too. I remember my Mum sobbing as (and if my memory is correct) the coffin sailed down the Thames to the funeral. I was about 5. 

My 3 memorable telly moments.Kennedy being shot when I was 11,Churchills funeral and West Ham winning world cup in that order.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My 3 memorable telly moments.Kennedy being shot when I was 11,Churchills funeral and West Ham winning world cup in that order.

My earliest memory is from the time that Kennedy was shot, although I don't actually remember the shooting itself. My dad was a sci-fi fan and he was very excited about a new TV programme that was coming out, called Dr Who. 

The Dr Who premiere was the day after the shooting.  I was about 3 and a half at the time

By the way, I'm very impressed that West Ham won the world cup!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

And all the crane drivers in the docks lowered the booms on their cranes. Very touching.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I have already written off this year for foreign travel - my 2 remaining cruises have been moved to 2022.

The trouble with foreign travel is that it drives the spread of new variants of the virus, so to my mind it seems sensible to discourage overseas travel, except for essential reasons. 

Last year I had booked a coach trip to the Edinburgh Tattoo, which has been moved to this year. I hope it goes ahead as it coincides with our 40th wedding anniversary. It would also be nice if we can get away for a couple of other short breaks.

But it not, then we stay at home 🤷‍♀️

Yes,we are also hoping that the Tattoo takes place, also that the

Princess cruise taking us to the Tattoo during a UK cruise in 

August also takes place.  Have booked the Tattoo tickets via

Princess and have really good seats. However, there are a lot of

US citizens on this cruise and I am doubting that Scotland would

be happy for the influx.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I remember the Kennedy space centre ,Churchill insurance (Oh Yes ) and me Mam coming home with a tin of John West Ham. :classic_wink:

Most of all I remember Churchill's funeral day I was 9 year old and tried jumping over an old chain link fence and failed , so it was the hospital for me to have my leg stitched up ,:classic_mellow:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My earliest memory is from the time that Kennedy was shot, although I don't actually remember the shooting itself. My dad was a sci-fi fan and he was very excited about a new TV programme that was coming out, called Dr Who. 

The Dr Who premiere was the day after the shooting.  I was about 3 and a half at the time

By the way, I'm very impressed that West Ham won the world cup!! 

William Hartnell.He always parked his Tardis next to the phone boxes at the end of our road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks bro. A while ago posters were saying their birthdays were in January and I said it was our anniversary. I think Purplesea(Pam) must have written them down as she is the first to post on them. Clever lady.

Sis

Clever me?  Not really.

Just remembered as they are all around the same time as my daughter's (22nd), niece's (26th) and my (24th) birthdays. 

• Like 1

It's been a lovely day with some nice surprises. Cards and flowers, chocolates and two bottles of wine from our daughters and grandchildren, good wishes from CC friends and an appointment for our covid jab. After our  nice dinner with bottle of wine, we're now relaxing listening to some romantic sax, nibbling on chocolates, a glass (or 2)of Tia Maria and a coffee. Perfick😊

Avril

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We didn't have that luxury I'm afraid. It was a choice between setting up home or a honeymoon and the practical side won out. Since the childen have been supporting themselves though, it's been one long honeymoon interspersed with long haul holidays and cruises.

Avril

Aww, lovely! My aunt and her new husband went to stay with his cousin in London and it was her first time out of Wales. I have a little bust of Churchill and every time she sees it, she goes on about the funeral. I think that made more of an impression than the actual honeymoon 😘

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's been a lovely day with some nice surprises. Cards and flowers, chocolates and two bottles of wine from our daughters and grandchildren, good wishes from CC friends and an appointment for our covid jab. After our  nice dinner with bottle of wine, we're now relaxing listening to some romantic sax, nibbling on chocolates, a glass (or 2)of Tia Maria and a coffee. Perfick😊

Avril

That sounds like a lovely day 

Michelle

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I had to re-read this post carefully! I was imagining you two  listening to the neighbours ........ Note to self - don’t scan, read slowly. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I had to re-read this post carefully! I was imagining you two  listening to the neighbours ........ Note to self - don’t scan, read slowly. 

Great minds! I must haul myself out of the gutter!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sounds like you both have had a lovely day Avril.

You certainly deserve it.

Graham.

15 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Me too.  I thought I was seeing things... had to read it twice  🙈

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Great minds! I must haul myself out of the gutter!

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Really, my eyesight is starting to weaken but I managed to read the post correctly.:classic_ohmy::classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1