P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I also had no wish to watch especially as most had been relayed on the news during the day. Watching a family implode is not entertainment IMO...... Serious issues I agree, but.......

.....how much is the truth? and none of it is any of my business. Growing up, families did not 'wash their dirty linen in public'  It was seen as  undignified and never done by the 'upper classes', especially by those who value their privacy.😏 How times change.

Avril

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

.....how much is the truth? and none of it is any of my business. Growing up, families did not 'wash their dirty linen in public'  It was seen as  undignified and never done by the 'upper classes', especially by those who value their privacy.😏 How times change.

Avril

I said similar to my husband last night too. That they were washing their dirty linen in public. 

Just come back from a check up at the dentist and got to go back on friday for a filling but lovely and sunny here and this afternoon I am meeting a friend and we will be able to buy a latte and sit on a park bench to drink it as well as go for a walk!

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have just checked the BBC weather site and they now forecast wind gusts of up to 47mph tonight, and then up to 55mph tomorrow night. I think I need to search out some earplugs!

I've just looked and today seems to be the calm before the storm. Time to batten down the hatches. The gales  are  apparently coming up from the South West so I hope all our CC friends in that area will be alright. We're lucky enough to have some shelter from the Pennines.

Avril

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Oprah looks like Ian Wright the footballer with a wig on !

Ian Wright's better looking Kalos!  I love love love the Royle Family.  Do you remember the episode where Jim and Twig were decorating-ish and started dancing to Mambo No.5?  Hilarious.  It's one to watch when you're really feeling hacked off.  As for M&H - whinge on guys, no-one cares. Have a good day.  Jane.x 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Saxaphone Pete. I capitalise the A as the word was once mistaken for another and gave one or two a shock.😲

I was flattered though.😉

Avril

Hopefully autocorrect doesn’t intervene at any time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It is something that no-one with any self-respect would ever do.

Avril

Did you happen to watch The Crown on Netflix, Avril?  Fascinating to watch the alleged behaviour, in the widest sense of the word, of the wider Royal Family.

Alleged being the key word, because outsiders have no real idea what's actually happening.  

If there's any truth whatever in it, though, it explains a lot.  Such a gulf between even today's Royal Family and the reality of the modern world.

I have very little interest in Meghan and Harry, and I wasn’t going to bother to watch it.

However, as there was no escaping this subject in the news, I decided to watch it after all, and as I’m not an overt supporter of either ‘side’, I didn’t have any preconceptions, and went in with an open mind.

For what it’s worth, I think Meghan and Harry were telling the truth as they saw it. But, as our Harry said, there’s two sides to every story , and we’ll never know for sure how it really happened. The allegations about the ‘racist’ family member is a concern, as is Meghan’s statement that she went to ‘The Firm’ for help with her mental health and was brushed aside.

Whether or not they should have spoken about what has happened - we are living in a more open society now. I think I prefer that, rather than things being brushed under the carpet due to ‘shame’. For example, George V’s son John who was kept hidden due to his epilepsy. Or the Queen’s two Bowes-Lyon first cousins who spent much of their lives in a mental institution, and were listed as deceased, rather than any public admission they were mentally ill. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Ian Wright's better looking Kalos!  I love love love the Royle Family.  Do you remember the episode where Jim and Twig were decorating-ish and started dancing to Mambo No.5?  Hilarious.  It's one to watch when you're really feeling hacked off.  As for M&H - whinge on guys, no-one cares. Have a good day.  Jane.x 

Well Jane there's nothing up with your eye sight :classic_wink: Your not on your own with 

the Royle Family ,I love any of the old comedy series ,Open All Hours/ Porridge/

Last Of The Summer Wine/Only Fools & Horses/One Foot In The Grave . To mention 

A few, I could watch them all day long. Maybe I'm getting old but I'd rather watch the 

above than the newer  TV programs " My Grannies Breast Enlargement At 92 year old."

and other such weird stuff is not TV to me .Each to their own I suppose.

I hope you and your other half is keeping well and not getting to worn out with all this 

Jabbing your all doing a great job . I bet your getting ready for a break now ? 

Keep safe and take care :classic_love:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We also gave it a miss, We watched Master Chef which I watch every series.

I used to watch it but after 2010 when the Chicken Pie should have won hands

down , I stopped watching Master Chef . In my mind that was the winner dinner ! :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Did you happen to watch The Crown on Netflix, Avril?  Fascinating to watch the alleged behaviour, in the widest sense of the word, of the wider Royal Family.

Alleged being the key word, because outsiders have no real idea what's actually happening.  

If there's any truth whatever in it, though, it explains a lot.  Such a gulf between even today's Royal Family and the reality of the modern world.

I didn't Harry, no.  One person's perception of the truth is not always the actual truth. As with 'that interview' and series such as the Crown, is just there to make money. Be honest, who would want to watch if it was as humdrum as Mrs Dale's Diary or The Archers. Scandal sells,  and if it's not spicy enough, embellish it. As you say Harry there is a wide gulf between the Royal Family and the modern world, it's known as decorum.

Avril

Afternoon all.  Recovery is going better than I expected.  I am Day 10 post op and managing to walk 200 yards twice a day.  Doing my exercises has become easier.   Hip and thigh just feel stiff, there is very little pain, but then I am a healthy little bunny!  Friday I get the clips out and am at last allowed a shower.  I am already managing on one crutch and can make my own coffee/tea etc. 

Hope to be able to work from home again from about 22nd March.  The dog is still sniffing round me and being very careful.  He obviously knows I'm not quite my usual self.

• Like 12

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all.  Recovery is going better than I expected.  I am Day 10 post op and managing to walk 200 yards twice a day.  Doing my exercises has become easier.   Hip and thigh just feel stiff, there is very little pain, but then I am a healthy little bunny!  Friday I get the clips out and am at last allowed a shower.  I am already managing on one crutch and can make my own coffee/tea etc. 

Hope to be able to work from home again from about 22nd March.  The dog is still sniffing round me and being very careful.  He obviously knows I'm not quite my usual self.

That’s excellent news that you are doing so well Jean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I have decorum and I'm certainly not privileged. 

Avril

Same here Avril! Seriously though, the blood Royals have simply no idea of what constitutes normal life. I don’t blame them personally, they can’t help it. If we must have a RF (and personally I would like so the monarchy abolished) I too would prefer to see a slimmed down version. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d agree with you. If we’re to have a Royal Family at all, I’d much prefer to see the slimmed down, much less costly Scandinavian or Netherlands model.

I wonder if they bring in the same level of tourism that the UK version does though Harry. In fact I imagine that the Oprah factor will lead to another surge of American tourists, once the pandemic is over.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good news that you are getting there albeit slowly, just don't try to do to much too soon, I would hate for you to over so it and have a set back.

• Like 1