P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We've just had a heavy hail storm here. A miserable day which reflects my mood this week 

Many of us have had days/weeks like that, Sarah - poor old you; it's horrid. About all I can say is that there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Sorry, can't remember if you've had your jab yet (you don't look old enough to have had it yet, but I know you're in the group that are being done in some areas).

I would ask if you are doing anything exciting at the weekend, but under the current lockdown rules that might be unhelpful.:classic_wacko:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

Many of us have had days/weeks like that, Sarah - poor old you; it's horrid. About all I can say is that there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Sorry, can't remember if you've had your jab yet (you don't look old enough to have had it yet, but I know you're in the group that are being done in some areas).

I would ask if you are doing anything exciting at the weekend, but under the current lockdown rules that might be unhelpful.:classic_wacko:

Thanks Annie.

I think they are doing 56 year olds plus here at the moment so I should be in the next group once they have done those. My 25 year old daughter who is in a different local area to us has been called already, we don't understand it as she has no medical conditions, unless they have just decided to do young mums early?

My younger daughter has had a horrible issue with her best friend this week, I typed out a long post earlier then deleted it before sending. They've been friends for 17 years, since they were 6, so she's like one of the family. It's been all to do with everything that was on the news at the start of the week and how my daughter's friend felt she should react to it online and as this is an open forum for all to see and I have my photo up, I decided it was wisest not to share. Suffice to say my daughter is hurting so I am too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham we did a short detour from the eye infirmary on Monday to South Shields to see the Azura and was surprised how big she is. Looked very strange as we could see no  crew activity at all on board but really made me want to go onboard as soon as we  safely can.Lindy

Hi Lindy.

Azura does look big especially viewed from the South Shields side.

I have a couple of calls tomorrow so I am going to try and call at Tyne Dock North Shields to view her closer up.

I hope everything was okay today at the eye Infirmary.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Lindy.

Azura does look big especially viewed from the South Shields side.

I have a couple of calls tomorrow so I am going to try and call at Tyne Dock North Shields to view her closer up.

I hope everything was okay today at the eye Infirmary.

Graham.

Hi Graham it's my daughter eyes  she has uveitis in both eyes and just had an implant into the back of one so fingers crossed its works so she can have the other one done 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

No light in the glovebox, or overhead in the roof. I said they were minor ! Depending on your model, some people have found it difficult to download the radio station identity logos.

Plus the satnav does have some interesting quirks, taking you off at motorway junctions and bringing you straight back onto the motorway at the same junction, although that may have been sorted by now.

The owners forum is a useful source of information 

https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/

No light in the glove box of Pauline's  Renault Captur  bought  new October 2019.

4 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham it's my daughter eyes  she has uveitis in both eyes and just had an implant into the back of one so fingers crossed its works so she can have the other one done 👍

Best wishes and good luck for a successful outcome to her op.🤞

Graham.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Annie.

I think they are doing 56 year olds plus here at the moment so I should be in the next group once they have done those. My 25 year old daughter who is in a different local area to us has been called already, we don't understand it as she has no medical conditions, unless they have just decided to do young mums early?

My younger daughter has had a horrible issue with her best friend this week, I typed out a long post earlier then deleted it before sending. They've been friends for 17 years, since they were 6, so she's like one of the family. It's been all to do with everything that was on the news at the start of the week and how my daughter's friend felt she should react to it online and as this is an open forum for all to see and I have my photo up, I decided it was wisest not to share. Suffice to say my daughter is hurting so I am too.

Oh dear. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues your daughter has had with her best friend. The ramifications of what was said earlier this week on tv has caused so many fall outs and disagreements. Friends should be able to discuss and then agree to disagree but that is sometimes easier to say than actually do. It must be very upsetting to see your daughter hurting.
Sending a virtual hug and fingers crossed for a speedy jab!
Gill

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We've just had a heavy hail storm here. A miserable day which reflects my mood this week 

Hail Storms  Eh ....Long may they rain !  :classic_unsure: I was once told I should rearrange my mood.
But I didn't as  that could have spelt my doom.:classic_wink: Just remember that the friend only gave 

you an opinion which is only as good as yours . Remember ! Some people want you to hear

their opinions and soon become offended when you offer yours. Most people will argue what 

came first ? The chicken or the egg , I always tell them the cockerel. Life's too short so stay

safe and be happy .:classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 5

On 3/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, Eglesbrech said:

Ive taken a bit of a backward step so need to see the doc again tomorrow. Not feeling too great tonight. I’m sure this too shall  pass.🤞

Thanks for your concern.

Hi Eglesbrech. I hope all went well at the doctors, and you are feeling a little better today.

Avril

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Does anyone here happen to have any direct experience of the sealed bids system in buying a house?

Not something I’ve ever encountered, but I’m seeing it now for the first time. Or rather our son is. 

Seller invites sealed bids.  Not legally binding, but it does not stop the Agent touting the highest bid around those who failed, to try and increase the selling price, and their commission. Legalised gazumping.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Seller invites sealed bids.  Not legally binding, but it does not stop the Agent touting the highest bid around those who failed, to try and increase the selling price, and their commission. Legalised gazumping.

Couldn’t agree more, but if you’re after a particular house and there’s a lot of interest in it it’s an inescapable reality in some areas, and some market conditions.

Excellent way for the seller to get the best price, and the best purchaser - if you have a rather special house.

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Annie.

So sorry to hear that Sarah. I can feel your hurt through what you're not saying rather than what you are. No wonder you are in low mood. This week has opened many cans of worms and I hope things settle soon. This is a very uneasy time. I wish you and your daughter well. Jane.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Annie.

Sorry to hear you are having a bad week.I know when my daughter has problems or is upset it really affects me as well.I hope your daughter and her best friend can put their differences and hurt feelings aside and become 'best friends' again.Take Care

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you Gill, Kalos, Jane & Ann.
I’m struggling not to overshare and I’ve written and deleted half a dozen times now but I do thank you for your kind words xx

Sorry to hear your sadness and your daughters disagreement with her friend.

Hopefully they will agree to disagree.

If she is a true friend to your daughter they will make up.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kalos said:

Seems ok around here as well , we're getting wind gusts around 45mph at the moment .

Everything seems to have stayed put ..apart from this Heron that seems to have been 

blown of course .Could you count yours :classic_wink:

My prayers are answered ----- you have my blessing to keep the heron 😉

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

No light in the glove box of Pauline's  Renault Captur  bought  new October 2019.

We have a Renault Captur in Oct 2015 and are wondering if anyone else manages to get the car to do as it is told when trying to call anyone on the phone ........ I said THE PHONE ... PHONE I just want the PHONE. THE PHONE. PHHHHHOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEE. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

Counting herons around part of a city is likely to produce inaccuracies. I could call them and see how many appear but what about those without names? If yours comes when you call ‘Harry’ you may have ours, or maybe another with the same name. I don’t know whether any have been given the name ‘Presto’. If so, best to keep the baby moorhens under cover. 🥴😉

Now I do love animals and support the RSPB (other than herons !) 

It is that time of the year again when I take a sling shot to the park on our walks 😉

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

No light in the glovebox, or overhead in the roof. I said they were minor ! Depending on your model, some people have found it difficult to download the radio station identity logos.

Plus the satnav does have some interesting quirks, taking you off at motorway junctions and bringing you straight back onto the motorway at the same junction, although that may have been sorted by now.

The owners forum is a useful source of information 

https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/

No Lights

Not really any help but if you have a mobile phone  it  might have a "torch" facility?

You can maybe get a light that plugs into  a usb socket or 12 supply - dare isay

cigarette lighter socket.   OK - Not automatic but  a light. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

No Lights

Not really any help but if you have a mobile phone  it  might have a "torch" facility?

You can maybe get a light that plugs into  a usb socket or 12 supply - dare isay

Yes, thanks, there are solutions. And I don't drive that much these days, especially at night, so it's not really an issue.

It's just penny pinching on a £20k car!

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Aulanis said:

No Lights

No thanks,I'll just buy a different car.We have lights everywhere.I even have a lit mirror on my sun visor so I can have a shave on the motorway.One exception,we paid 250 quid for a package just to get a socket in the boot for our coolbox.This was  standard on our previous "inferior" model.It does include electric mirrors in that package though.