P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Your meal looks fantastic Brian. It brings back fond memories of being ashore in Italy, finding a nice trattoria off the beaten (tourist) track & having a fantastic meal with drinks for circa €50/€60 (usually for 4 adults and 1 child).
Thanks for posting the pictures. 👍 

• Thanks 1

Don’t you just wish we could go back to arguing about formal nights, buffets vs mdr etc. 

it’s miserable and raining here this morning. I’m at work and it’s very quiet to I’m just sat here very bored. 

36 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Don’t you just wish we could go back to arguing about formal nights, buffets vs mdr etc. 

it’s miserable and raining here this morning. I’m at work and it’s very quiet to I’m just sat here very bored. 

Anyone still waiting for a P&O refund and wish to complain can now divert it through Vamps@im-very-bored.com :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

That would stop you from being bored .:classic_biggrin: ☎️ 📞 :classic_wink:

• Haha 4

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:16 PM, pete14 said:

Good news for you is that I haven’t seen the heron for a few days either. Maybe he has taken his affections elsewhere. 

I think the increase in people out and about and in the park may have put him off. The little moorhen family is gorgeous - 5 lovely large babies (not sure what you call a young moorhen) and 2 proud parents. Really pleased as I was worried they would be Heron food by now  ;-)

Well once upon a time we would have been sailing on Ventura today on her way down BOB for the half term break. It was blowing a gale here yesterday and grim today so in some ways I am glad we are on dry land !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Anyone still waiting for a P&O refund and wish to complain can now divert it through Vamps@im-very-bored.com :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

That would stop you from being bored .:classic_biggrin: ☎️ 📞 :classic_wink:

Would it still be at a Glacial Pace?

Just been looking at the debate about regional foods etc.

We have a MAJOR crisis around here --- we have toilet rolls, soap, everything you could every wish for …………. except mushy peas !!!! Where have they all gone ? :classic_ohmy::classic_blink:

Its becoming a weekly joke now - hunt the mushy peas.

We even had a look in M&S foodhall - not expecting there to be such a great demand there - and the shelves were bare..... three times now!

If anyone near Stoke on Trent knows of anywhere that has just one can we would love to know - fish and chips just aren't the same without them ….

21 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Never seen owt like that before. 

went on a lovely walk by a canal today that’s about 10mins drive from me. We looked at all the canal boats. Wish someone would invite me in to have a nosy. And we saw all the locks too. Baby ducklings everywhere some very little must not have been old but it was very windy. 

Hope Harry the Heron hasn't headed your way :classic_sad:

41 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We have a MAJOR crisis around here --- we have toilet rolls, soap, everything you could every wish for …………. except mushy peas !!!! Where have they all gone ? :classic_ohmy::classic_blink:

We even had a look in M&S foodhall - not expecting there to be such a great demand there - and the shelves were bare..... three times now!

If anyone near Stoke on Trent knows of anywhere that has just one can we would love to know - fish and chips just aren't the same without them ….

I guess we drove here with the last 6 tins, lol.My OH  loves them,I'm not that keen.We have loads of pease pudding as well,she uses it as an alternative pie crust,quite nice.We were due to fly back last week and would have been in Haven,Bognor with all the family this weekend.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

Our neighbours just dropped off a homemade apple sponge and a bottle of plonk.Lovely people here,we get homemade jams from other neighbours,all from their fruit trees.20200524_113046.thumb.jpg.ddcbe12442f9b84310129c677523dc18.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely Brian and your restaurant pics looked great too, I love bruschetta.

Was feeling a bit down this morning, hubby at work, then my son put a picture through our door from our grandson, I was quite tearful! I took myself off for a walk which always makes me feel better. So warm now though breezy!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our neighbours just dropped off a homemade apple sponge and a bottle of plonk.Lovely people here,we get homemade jams from other neighbours,all from their fruit trees#.20200524_113046.thumb.jpg.ddcbe12442f9b84310129c677523dc18.jpg

Wow that looks amazing ----- now its making me feel hungry! We have an M&S Bread and Butter Pudidng tonight so that hubby can think of P&O ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I think the increase in people out and about and in the park may have put him off. The little moorhen family is gorgeous - 5 lovely large babies (not sure what you call a young moorhen) and 2 proud parents. Really pleased as I was worried they would be Heron food by now  😉

Well once upon a time we would have been sailing on Ventura today on her way down BOB for the half term break. It was blowing a gale here yesterday and grim today so in some ways I am glad we are on dry land !!

Don’t wish to upset you Presto but it’s quite warm in Kent though breezy. Was very sunny but clouded over now.

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Lovely Brian and your restaurant pics looked great too, I love bruschetta.

Was feeling a bit down this morning, hubby at work, then my son put a picture through our door from our grandson, I was quite tearful! I took myself off for a walk which always makes me feel better. So warm now though breezy!

Hi Sue, hopefully they will start to lift the restrictions re who can see people and who can't. The rules at the minute seem a bit weird and aren't making too much sense. Cold and breezy here in Stoke on Trent too. I think the beautiful sunny weather has spoiled us all, but I think it will be back tomorrow and my mood tends to lift when the sun comes out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I think we have a tin going spare (I don’t like the anyway) but no idea how I could get them to you. Perhaps I could try to find Harry, put them in his beak and point him in your direction.

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Don’t wish to upset you Presto but it’s quite warm in Kent though breezy. Was very sunny but clouded over now.

😔

Having said that we swapped it for a cruise on Azura in April as we prefer Azura. Not sure that will happen either.

have to say, we were looking at our holidays snaps from last August when we were on Edge. Found the ones when we were in Piraeus at the same time as Oceana. We took photos of the cabin and remember saying we would be on her this coming August. Felt really sad when we saw those photos as we've cancelled that cruise and it may be that we never get the chance to sail on her if they sell the older ships off. Oh well, a lot to be grateful for - we are both well and the cats love our company !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think we have a tin going spare (I don’t like the anyway) but no idea how I could get them to you. Perhaps I could try to find Harry, put them in his beak and point him in your direction.

If I were you I'd put a sign outside your house and sell to the highest bidder - you'd make a fortune !!!

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Wow that looks amazing ----- now its making me feel hungry! We have an M&S Bread and Butter Pudidng tonight so that hubby can think of P&O 😉

I'll do you a swap,I love b&b pudding,lol.

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi Sue, hopefully they will start to lift the restrictions re who can see people and who can't. The rules at the minute seem a bit weird and aren't making too much sense. Cold and breezy here in Stoke on Trent too. I think the beautiful sunny weather has spoiled us all, but I think it will be back tomorrow and my mood tends to lift when the sun comes out. 

Yes people are getting very fed up now and friends have started saying they are meeting one family member at a time in their gardens where they have a side entrance. I have a side entrance to my garden but I don’t like to say to my son as not sure what his partner would think. Plus our grandson is too young to understand so would probably run to me!

I’m looking forward to the sunshine promised for tomorrow too. Two things guaranteed to raise my mood, sunshine and the sea 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I bought 2 tins in Longton Tesco on Thursday and there were plenty on the shelf.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Our neighbours just dropped off a homemade apple sponge and a bottle of plonk.Lovely people here,we get homemade jams from other neighbours,all from their fruit trees.20200524_113046.thumb.jpg.ddcbe12442f9b84310129c677523dc18.jpg

Nice pics of your meal Brian. Just my kind of food. It gives a little look into what we might expect here soon when restaurants finally open. Lovely weather, lovely neighbours I wouldn't want to come back home.

Avril  (sis)😉

• Like 1

Just now, pete14 said:

Next time, get your fish and chips from a chippy that sells mushy peas as well. My favourite is Packmoor. 

We tend to use the one on High Lane, we have friends who love the Packmoor one 🙂 

Strange, once upon a time we all spent our lives debating the quality of food on P&O ships, pros, cons, buffet v traditional dining, cabin service v no cabin service, the other select restaurants to try. Now on Bank Holiday Sunday we are discussing mushy peas and the best chippy. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I think the increase in people out and about and in the park may have put him off. The little moorhen family is gorgeous - 5 lovely large babies (not sure what you call a young moorhen) and 2 proud parents. Really pleased as I was worried they would be Heron food by now  😉

A couple of weeks ago we had a moorhen family with 5 chicks in our local lake. Very cute. Friday we had a moorhen family with 2 juveniles. Where did the other 3 go. Very sad.