P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I went to Tesco nice and early, now sitting in the garden enjoying the sunshine.  I checked Tesco's stock of mushy peas for Presto and can report there are plenty so if she still can't get them in the northern part of Stoke she will have to visit the south.

I work in the south so will have to call in !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, bobupandown said:

Hi Vampiress88

Went to Bridlington last Wednesday it was packed, people on the beach hardly any parking. Plus an over 60s coach trip, no mask, gloves or anything. To be honest, you wouldn't have thought we was in a lockdown situation.

Toilets open,Busy Bees Fish Shop and the Trawl was open, all the big shops and  bakeries, and you could get coffee,  tea and ice creams.

Nothing open on the harbour.

So if you fancy a run out, I would suggest you go early.

Bob 

Oh Bridlington ! I had many, many family holidays there when I was young. We stayed at the bottom end and I remember a small garden opposite the flats that led to the prom .. and an amusement arcade not too far away. Just loved the place and if I remember there was a garden area that we could walk to on the cliffs and something to do with Amy Johnson was it ???

There is also a lighthouse nearby.

Many, many happy memories :classic_smile:

Look at the situation in Weston Super Mare

No new admissions - too much Corona 

This follows VE anniversary congas etc + the ambiguity of the PMs hints on release of lockdown @ PMQs. 12 days ago, subsequently quashed by his Sunday broadcast.  In the meantime people flocked to the beach/toilets/ice creams etc

Stay alert everyone.  Stay safe

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Looking at the crowded beaches today, you do wonder how the infamous R rate is going to look in a few days’ time.  And the impact on the NHS.  I see one seaside hospital has already had to close to new admissions.

This does not look good.

Going out for a drive to test my eyesight.🤫🤓

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Perfectly reasonable.  Whenever I go to Specsavers with an eye problem they always insist that I drive them 30 miles or so just to check it out properly.  I suppose my wife could have driven me there, but I never thought to ask her.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Plenty testing their eyesight on Roker Cliff Park today Graham .

Cars were parked all over the grass today right up to the lighthouse on the grass.

I was looking on the web cams earlier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Plenty testing their eyesight on Roker Cliff Park today Graham .

Cars were parked all over the grass today right up to the lighthouse on the grass.

I was looking on the web cams earlier. 

Yes apparently it's the (C) sea factor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Perfectly reasonable.  Whenever I go to Specsavers with an eye problem they always insist that I drive them 30 miles or so just to check it out properly.  I suppose my wife could have driven me there, but I never thought to ask her.

Don't forget to sit on the river bank for half an hour as well because you feel a little queasy. 

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't forget to sit on the river bank for half an hour as well because you feel a little queasy. 

Avril 

And walk in the woods to take the ××××

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

So Spain are to stop their 14 day quarantine for foreign visitors from 1 July. Looks like a stop in Vigo on the way to Cadiz for a summer med cruise. It may need to be with RCI. La Corruna on the way back please. Perhaps some good news about our holidays may bring the posts back to talking about important subjects.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

So Spain are to stop their 14 day quarantine for foreign visitors from 1 July. Looks like a stop in Vigo on the way to Cadiz for a summer med cruise. It may need to be with RCI. La Corruna on the way back please. Perhaps some good news about our holidays may bring the posts back to talking about important subjects.

But at the moment, you will have to go into quarantine for 14 days when you get back to the UK. Not necessarily a problem for us retirees, but a deal breaker for those in employment. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Looking at the crowded beaches today, you do wonder how the infamous R rate is going to look in a few days’ time.  And the impact on the NHS.  I see one seaside hospital has already had to close to new admissions.

This does not look good.

Apparently that hospital regularly closes locals were saying - fake news??

A friend of mine choose a beach she knew well (in Kent) and she was the only one in her ‘bit’ not everyone is being an idiot. It looked deserted in her photos!

Round my way most people seem to be staying at home, I can tell by all the parked cars outside of houses!

• Like 4

Seen that shops are opening soon so we can get clothes yet we still can’t go into families gardens. There were three houses on my street and one behind me having a good little get together last night. Seemed to be spaced slightly. 

I just can’t wait for it to be over. I hate that it’s alway in back of mind. 
my biggest problem is hubby’s work that are getting rid of 9000 people might be shutting whole sites. If that’s his then I don’t earn enough to support us and that’s concerning. 

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

But at the moment, you will have to go into quarantine for 14 days when you get back to the UK. Not necessarily a problem for us retirees, but a deal breaker for those in employment. 

I'm not too worried about the quarantine when I get home, it may have finished by then anyway. What worries me is the inspection before We board at Southampton. " Sorry Sir, you are denied boarding. Your health is ok, bit look at that hair. No hippies allowed".😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Seen that shops are opening soon so we can get clothes yet we still can’t go into families gardens. There were three houses on my street and one behind me having a good little get together last night. Seemed to be spaced slightly. 

I just can’t wait for it to be over. I hate that it’s alway in back of mind. 
my biggest problem is hubby’s work that are getting rid of 9000 people might be shutting whole sites. If that’s his then I don’t earn enough to support us and that’s concerning. 

Oh bless you. If the worse happens would he get a good redundancy package? That would give him breathing space to find another job.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh bless you. If the worse happens would he get a good redundancy package? That would give him breathing space to find another job.

I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic,  but there will be tens of thousands of people looking for employment. Just look at BA who have sacked half their cabin crew.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic,  but there will be tens of thousands of people looking for employment. Just look at BA who have sacked half their cabin crew.

yeah that’s the problem is that there will be more people job hunting that there will be jobs 

no idea what his redundancy package would be. 

even my job that I would in normal circumstances be able to go full time I can’t cos of all this. 

oh well. Hopefully we will luck out and all this worrying will be for nothing and can write this year off and next year go on some amazing trips. 

least we have had lots of family days. As much as I moan when it is normal we are not together much. We work opposite and kids are in school so it’s 1 in 12 weeks where all 4 of us have a full day to spend together so that’s been nice. Kids will hopefully only remember all the good days we have had in lockdown. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Cheers wowzz! I’m trying be optimistic!

Not quite the same situation I know but when my big Bank office was closed down hundreds of us were made redundant last year.

As far as I know virtually everyone who wanted another job found one. (Some early retired) 

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Cheers wowzz! I’m trying be optimistic!

Not quite the same situation I know but when my big Bank office was closed down hundreds of us were made redundant last year.

As far as I know virtually everyone who wanted another job found one. (Some early retired) 

Different tines I'm afraid Sue. Leisure sector is decimated, retail sector (other than food) is in tatters, transport industry non existent. Where will the newly unemployed find work? 

Plus of course, redundancy payments will  the bare minimum, so not even a decent cash lump sum to fall back on. 

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Seen that shops are opening soon so we can get clothes yet we still can’t go into families gardens

It all seems back to front to me. At least you KNOW if your family has or had the virus. How many people are going to stick to social distancing when they're busily rummaging through racks of  clothing? On the other hand, visiting family does nothing for the economy😊. Must get your priorities right. 

Avril 

• Like 2