P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone. It's bloomin' cold, damp and windy here this morning, 7c with a feel of 3c. Another day for staying inside in the warm. Frank's back to normal this morning (or as normal as it's possible for him to be😁) so we're both chomping at the bit now, ready to go for a little meander next week, masks still firmly in place of course. The big problem now is, where to go and what to do, but it's a great problem to have. This time last year the answer would have been simple.  Nowhere😏

Have a good day whatever you're up to, and Andy and Michelle. Take care.

Avril

My second jab this Friday, DW's next Friday, seven days after that we can fly off to anywhere in the Green zone. Iceland.. Gibraltar..the world is our Oyster, but we will settle for Cornwall as it's already booked🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Attending an online "Speed Awareness" course today!

Third time I've been caught speeding in 50 years of motoring, and as my job entailed driving every day, (at one stage I was driving 50,000 miles a year), I reckon I'm not exactly a boy racer.  

But, you are never too old to learn,  so I'm actually quite looking forward to it, assuming I can manage the technology!

My husband done one a couple of years ago he enjoyed it said he learned a few things , my brother has done one on zoom meeting he said was funny, 

In 42 years driving all over the place in many different countries never been caught speeding I suppose doing rally driving, formula 2 driving I got my speed fix , then being a driving instructor my nerves were shattered by clients not listening 🙉 

Enjoy your on line speed awareness course wowzz 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Nice to see its not just us young uns getting done for speeding 😂 

I had one years ago. I was on my way to brid and the road I’m sure used to be 40 but apparently not I was doing 35. 
they made me drive all the way to hull to take it. I had to go on my red er5 and it was belting it down surprised I found the place. 

I used to think that with age, came wisdom, obviously not😉

Avril

• Haha 1

Sunny down here again but still windy, although nowhere near as strong as it was last night. The lights were flickering well with the wind so much so that I thought we were going to be cast into darkness, so candles were lit just incase!!

Just had a phone call to make an appointment for my second jab at the GP's surgery for Saturday. Exactly 11 weeks after my first.😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

My second jab this Friday, DW's next Friday, seven days after that we can fly off to anywhere in the Green zone. Iceland.. Gibraltar..the world is our Oyster, but we will settle for Cornwall as it's already booked🤣

We we're told by the doctor that it's a week wait after your 2nd jab, not one. Take care.

Avril

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We we're told by the doctor that it's a week wait after your 2nd jab, not one. Take care.

Avril

We can't wait for TWO weeks. Oh no. Life is risky, so we will take care, but still have a couple of cream teas and pasties and fish and chips. I'm sure I will be more at risk base jumping ,or Kite surfing.🤣.

Ps. Predictive thinks I want to go Kate Surfing.....no comment.

• Like 1

Just got back from John Smiths stadium after having our second jabs, miserable wet and windy day here, so ideal for having needles stuck in you. Did manage a Costa in town centre, they have put up quite a few large canopies on the streets so at least you can sit under cover.

• Like 6

Well, we’re still here!  I don’t think we had a lot of rain o’night but there was certainly plenty of wind, which has hung on till this morning.  Parts of our walk were quite unpleasant, heads down battling through the gusts, but some were bright and sunny and moderately warm.  However, I’m still wearing my standard November to March quilted dog walking coat, which suits for everything except sub-zero temperatures.  It’s MAY and I still have to wear my winter jacket! 🤨 Something wrong there

Good that the jabbing continues.  Our hub was operating again this morning, after a day off yesterday.  What a nice bunch the volunteer marshalls are - always a smile and Hello as we pass by.  Perhaps it’s the pup they like?

No news, so nothing new there.  🙄 Enjoy what remains of today.  Hopefully calmer weather as time goes on

• Like 2

Mrs K  checked up with where she had her first jab as her 2nd is now due but they 

have no stock of the Pfizer vaccine and will ring her when it's back in stock.

Then she had to ring Morrisons over her "More Card " as she has a tenner due but 

The super duper app on her phone will not redeem it and they are making it payable

next time she shops in-store . They are doing away with collecting point cards .

What busy lives we lead :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Just got back from John Smiths stadium after having our second jabs, miserable wet and windy day here, so ideal for having needles stuck in you. Did manage a Costa in town centre, they have put up quite a few large canopies on the streets so at least you can sit under cover.

Wet and windy in Stoke as well, but I thoroughly expect the heavens will open for the sun to come out at 3:00 when I have my second jab.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We can't wait for TWO weeks. Oh no. Life is risky, so we will take care, but still have a couple of cream teas and pasties and fish and chips. I'm sure I will be more at risk base jumping ,or Kite surfing.🤣.

Even though your actions may put others at risk?

• Haha 1

Afternoon all, it’s taken me two days off and on to get through these last few posts!

Very busy morning in my ‘office’ upstairs! Our patients obviously missed us yesterday! Usually 3 of us in on a Tuesday morning but one has taken a cheeky day off so that makes a difference.

Regarding LoD I felt deflated rather than disappointed in the end. I think a lot of loose ends were tied up and it could be the end or they could bring it back with a completely different story. No baddies can beat Lennie James and Keeley Hawes in the first two! 

Very miserable here today but the only rain we had was in the evening last night. 

Glad lots of you are getting your second jabs, John had a rash again after his on Friday, he’s a funny one! 

• Like 2

Feeling very tired after yesterday’s 2nd jab, with slight headache and aching joints, but not as bad as first time around. Hopefully will have worn off before my telephone appointment this Friday with the GPs Practice Physio to discuss what is probably cervical spondylitis (pain in the neck) which has flared up again, Once I have discussed with him we can then decide the way forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Nice to see its not just us young uns getting done for speeding 😂 

I had one years ago. I was on my way to brid and the road I’m sure used to be 40 but apparently not I was doing 35. 
they made me drive all the way to hull to take it. I had to go on my red er5 and it was belting it down surprised I found the place. 

My speed awareness  course was for a ticket in Wigan, but I was able to switch to a local one without any problems.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I thought it took 3 weeks to reach maximum protection after jab2.

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought it took 3 weeks to reach maximum protection after jab2.

When we had our 1st jab, we were told 3 weeks, but 4 would be preferable. After our 2nd, the same doctor said 2 weeks would be fine, but still social distance and wear a mask. There are so many different opinions on this, so we'll take our own doctor's advice. 

2 weeks or 3 weeks Zap, but certainly not 1week. I know you know better than that🙄

Avril

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When we had our 1st jab, we were told 3 weeks, but 4 would be preferable. After our 2nd, the same doctor said 2 weeks would be fine, but still social distance and wear a mask. There are so many different opinions on this, so we'll take our own doctor's advice. 

2 weeks or 3 weeks Zap, but certainly not 1week. I know you know better than that🙄

Avril

Your mate JVT said two weeks the other day 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Mrs K  checked up with where she had her first jab as her 2nd is now due but they 

have no stock of the Pfizer vaccine and will ring her when it's back in stock.

Then she had to ring Morrisons over her "More Card " as she has a tenner due but 

The super duper app on her phone will not redeem it and they are making it payable

next time she shops in-store . They are doing away with collecting point cards .

What busy lives we lead :classic_unsure:

We have just got back. 4990 points on the card, nearly there. Busy life and exciting.🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

The three times I've been caught, have all been on motorways. Around town, country lanes etc, I'm pretty good, if I say so myself. It's on empty motorways I get into trouble!

My late Mother in Laws excuse for speeding on Motorways was :I  have to keep up with the traffic! She never got caught on a motorway but did get caught speeding on a country lane.I haven't driven for a number of years because of medical reasons and my hubby is one of those (probably) annoying people who if anything drives too slowly and has never gone over the limit let alone got a ticket in his nearly 50 years of driving!

• Like 2