P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The weather here today is dreadful. We're certainly paying for May's sunshine. We've torrential rain at the moment and all the beautiful flowers that came in May are battered into the ground. Even the koi are hiding under lily pads😆. I really hope it doesn’t bring anymore flooding. 

Avril 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What a coincidence!  I have a butterfly brain it skips around from subject to subject so we were lucky to find a very very good Geneologist with a good price for tracing one line at a time.  It is fascinating, especially that my great great grandparents  lived and were married at the church nearby  where I lived and its not somewhere I heard about before I moved there.

I would like to try to find out more about the people....so  I am doubly interested in any replies as to which is the best site to find out information.  I have all the dates of birth etc and addresses.

There's hope for everyone when I saw that Danny Dyer is a direct descendant of William the Conqueror.I was born in Stepney,must have a chance.

• Haha 1

Not the best of days today. It started off ok, then I got a calendar reminder from Microsoft. 17.30 heathrow-Vancouver,14th Alaska cruise 21st 14 nights Canadian Rockies. Thanks a bunch Microsoft.☹️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I manage to trace  Dad's family back to the 1800's too, it was fascinating,  but  Mum's was more complicated. You have to hope you're following the correct names and links.

Avril 

Avril

As we found links, we sent for the certificates ie; birth, marriage or death, kept us on the right path.

Father back to 1698 Mother only 3 generations, hit father unknown. so could only guess. Best not to.

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Mother only 3 generations, hit father unknown. so could only guess. Best not to.

That's the problem I came across. I even found a rabbit poacher. Lots of skeletons rattling in lots of cupboards. Our not so perfect ancestors 😉

Avril 

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's the problem I came across. I even found a rabbit poacher. Lots of skeletons rattling in lots of cupboards. Our not so perfect ancestors 😉

Avril 

You can't be a Dingle,you're from London.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You can't be a Dingle,you're from London.

I'm not a Londoner Brian, I'm a Southerner. Dad's from Wraysbury, Berkshire and Mum's from Staines, Middlesex, where I was born. I haven't watched Emmerdale for years so you're lucky I knew who they were 😉

Avril 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not a Londoner Brian, I'm a Southerner. Dad's from Wraysbury, Berkshire and Mum's from Staines, Middlesex, where I was born. I haven't watched Emmerdale for years so you're lucky I knew who they were 😉

Avril 

You could be related to David Dingle boss of Carnival.

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You could be related to David Dingle boss of Carnival.

Oh god, I hope not. Nobody on here would talk to me ever again except to demand their refund. I'm not a Dingle honest😇

Avril 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Don't let Andy or Damians mysterious supermarket old lady see this.50 cents a bottle,only bought 1 case,lol.20200612_084324.thumb.jpg.0c9530f2d82bfc9849938957dad01470.jpg

Love it, well remembered!

If we had that lot in our local Sainsburys she'd probably ask someone in the queue to get her one. I can just imagine the conversation "You just want one case?"  "No! One pallet!"

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its the weekend here now n Stoke on Trent so time to relax, open a bottle and chill for the weekend ………… chill is the right word as its freezing here, but hopefully it'll warm up tomorrow as we are actually venturing in to another county for the first time since mid March to visit our favourite National Trust place ! Excited !

• Like 1

It’s been a good day really today , it started off with one refund in the post , then it poured down with rain , then the in-laws had problems with TV not working so we had to sort that out , then their kettle broke ! So went round for that and sorted it , then we just finished dinner and another phone call came and they had mucked up the temporary tv we gave them , got that sorted out but all in all they are getting to be hard work 😓 they are being very demanding these last two full days (I’m normally round there every day doing things for them ) but the best bit of the day was seeing Aurora and a another cruise ship , couldn’t quite see the name but both were just off Southbourne beach ( Bournemouth) with beautiful sunset in back ground going down over Poole , but I’m sorry no photo to put on here , but they have been there two days now so made up for my several trips to in-laws just to see the ships 😊

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

All good here few quid back today and as from Monday no restrictions we haven’t had anybody positive for 23 days borders still closed so 🤞we’re clear for now

Nice one with the money and great news about being covid free ! 

Lets hope the mainland follows in IOM  footsteps really soon .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

It’s been a good day really today , it started off with one refund in the post , then it poured down with rain , then the in-laws had problems with TV not working so we had to sort that out , then their kettle broke ! So went round for that and sorted it , then we just finished dinner and another phone call came and they had mucked up the temporary tv we gave them , got that sorted out but all in all they are getting to be hard work 😓 they are being very demanding these last two full days (I’m normally round there every day doing things for them ) but the best bit of the day was seeing Aurora and a another cruise ship , couldn’t quite see the name but both were just off Southbourne beach ( Bournemouth) with beautiful sunset in back ground going down over Poole , but I’m sorry no photo to put on here , but they have been there two days now so made up for my several trips to in-laws just to see the ships 😊

Saw Aurora on Wednesday but obviously has company now.  Looked it up and it's Arcadia apparently.  Does lift the spirits a bit seeing them - with hopes we'll be able to resume travelling .... eventually!   Would have liked to see them with the sunset.

Hope you have a more relaxing day tomorrow. 😊 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

I'm not being critical, but how is it that you're allowed to go to your in laws to sort out their television,  but I'm not allowed to see my mother?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not being critical, but how is it that you're allowed to go to your in laws to sort out their television,  but I'm not allowed to see my mother?

You are sticking to the rules, others are bending them unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

cant you create a “bubble” from today

Yes, but as my sister lives much closer to my Mum than I do, she will be in the bubble, not me. I have to wait until the guidelines are relaxed a bit more.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Because wowzz I am their carer they are in their late 80s and mother in-law has dementia, so I basically do everything for them , washing ,ironing , housework, planning meals, food shopping, all medications and all transportation to doctors and hospitals appointments which before lockdown was roughly 3 a week so I’ve had a rest there, so we are the only people that they see and we promised we would never put them in a home !! , also the government said if you are a carer then you still can carry out your duties, much better then stranger carers going in everyday that have seen other patients through out the day , I know you weren’t being critical of me , we all have different situations , but during lockdown she had another minor stroke which put her health backwards to the point that I had to take her to the bathroom etc , we have good days and bad days 

• Like 4