P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

For those of you who were kind enough to help and support me in my 'Great Matter' last weekend, my complaint has now gone to Legal. I will keep you informed.

Something to amuse: At our vaccination hub this week a gentleman had changed his mind about the Astra Zeneca vaccine he'd received, and requested that we EXTRACT the Astra from his body so that he could make a clean start and be given two Pfizers, which he thought he'd prefer. You couldn't make it up could you!

We are starting the Covid boosters at our own surgery, together with flu vaccs, on Sunday 12th September so it's all systems go in preparation.

Apologies for any anniversaries I've missed and advance best wishes for Graham and Pauline for Sunday.

I hope everyone who is sailing this weekend has a great time, calm seas, and good food. Bon voyage to all.

Have a great weekend everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

Good luck with your ship issue.

We were talking to Sarah's friend on the phone who works in a vaccine hub and he said a man not wearing a mask came in for his jab and said he tested positive that morning and didn't know what to do.

The hub told him to go home immediately and keep clear of everyone.

Take care Jane.

Graham x.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Phew, just had a negative result on the last home lateral flow test. So now I just have to pass the test at the terminal tomorrow. My private hire car is not going to be a Tesla 😟 It is going to be a multi people carrier, just for me. Tesla for the journet back neck week though.

Noticw the wrong text , this is just normal for me with mo ancient hhinds

Luckily we have the little red squiggly lines

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Phew, just had a negative result on the last home lateral flow test. So now I just have to pass the test at the terminal tomorrow. My private hire car is not going to be a Tesla 😟 It is going to be a multi people carrier, just for me. Tesla for the journet back neck week though.

Hopefully everything is fine at the terminal Dave and you have a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Something to amuse: At our vaccination hub this week a gentleman had changed his mind about the Astra Zeneca vaccine he'd received, and requested that we EXTRACT the Astra from his body so that he could make a clean start and be given two Pfizers, which he thought he'd prefer. You couldn't make it up could you!

I think maybe he is extracting the urine

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Did you see my reply about the country park? 

Yes I did.. thank you.   I know the one.. went there just once.

I am hoping to walk better after injections next week, but meantime can you tell me, once up the slope is it suitable along there for a very small mobility scooter?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

I didn't know the vaccines came with a Returns Policy🤔 What will they think of next?

You learn something new every day.🙄

Avril

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

Good luck with your ship issue.

We were talking to Sarah's friend on the phone who works in a vaccine hub and he said a man not wearing a mask came in for his jab and said he tested positive that morning and didn't know what to do.

The hub told him to go home immediately and keep clear of everyone.

Take care Jane.

Graham x.

Unbelievable Graham!  Do these people not watch the news, or read a paper?  Can't believe he came in without a mask and then dumped that bombshell.  What a Plonker!  Thanks for your good wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 3

Nothing surprises me when it comes to ‘strange’ adults because they were once children and over the years, I’ve often wondered how some pupils would fare as adults! Some might be a danger to themselves and others, many would probably sail blissfully through life as if they were on another planet. Some would be aggressive and unpleasant so and sos, some know it alls. Others are born worriers. And some, like the examples cited above, just don’t get it! Never have, never will. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

Have a great time Dave

Andy 

Well, we were brave and ventured out for our very first meal out since March 2020. It was our wedding anniversary (27th) and we decided that we would go out to one of our favourite local hotels / restaurants for a meal. It was lovely and very quiet - which suited us. Lovely meal and we now feel like 2 beached whales !

Can't believe that it is 2 years since our last cruise - we went to celebrate our 25th. In some ways the time has flown by, but in other ways it feels like a life time ago. Hubby probably thinks that may be as a result of 2 more years of married life !

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we were brave and ventured out for our very first meal out since March 2020. It was our wedding anniversary (27th) and we decided that we would go out to one of our favourite local hotels / restaurants for a meal. It was lovely and very quiet - which suited us. Lovely meal and we now feel like 2 beached whales !

Can't believe that it is 2 years since our last cruise - we went to celebrate our 25th. In some ways the time has flown by, but in other ways it feels like a life time ago. Hubby probably thinks that may be as a result of 2 more years of married life !

Happy anniversary to you both. 

Glad you had a nice, safe trip out. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Happy anniversary! 🍾🥂

Our last cruise was nearly 2 years ago. Sometimes it seems like it happened in another life, but time has gone very quickly when days tend to merge into each other. 

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we were brave and ventured out for our very first meal out since March 2020

Congratulations  - glad you had a good time.

We have eaten out on numerous occasions when allowed to do so. Every establishment has been ultra cautious with regard to precautions.  Hopefully this will be the first of many more meals out for you.

I don't think the Qhotel breakfast buffet would be popular here.Tongs shared by everyone,no tongs for toast and kids picking up rolls and putting them back before the parents could see them,too late by then.We,re at Premier Inn Portsmouth tonight,1st time since restrictions totally lifted,should be interesting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I don't think the Qhotel breakfast buffet would be popular here.Tongs shared by everyone,no tongs for toast and kids picking up rolls and putting them back before the parents could see them,too late by then.We,re at Premier Inn Portsmouth tonight,1st time since restrictions totally lifted,should be interesting.

Aaah, sounds like a P&O trip down memory lane..😊

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Aaah, sounds like a P&O trip down memory lane..😊

No worries,I won't mention how I ate my sandwiches in my plumbing days.People are having their breakfast.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Nothing surprises me when it comes to ‘strange’ adults because they were once children and over the years, I’ve often wondered how some pupils would fare as adults! Some might be a danger to themselves and others, many would probably sail blissfully through life as if they were on another planet. Some would be aggressive and unpleasant so and sos, some know it alls. Others are born worriers. And some, like the examples cited above, just don’t get it! Never have, never will. 

There's always the exception.I was one of those 'erberts.Look at me now,a fine upstanding pillar of the CC community,contributing "sensible" suggestions to serious debates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Happy 27th wedding anniversary.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

There's always the exception.I was one of those 'erberts.Look at me now,a fine upstanding pillar of the CC community,contributing "sensible" suggestions to serious debates.

Good morning people I hope everyone's feeling ok.:classic_smile:

I was the same Brian ,some of our teachers were very strict and taught us with a rod of iron,

well when I say that, it was a cane really. The worst lesson was "Dodge the Blackboard rubber":classic_ohmy:

To be fair I became very good at it over the years. We had a teacher who was a fully trained

psychopath and seemed to enjoy his job in making our lives as sad as possible.:classic_mellow:

His name was Mr  Riley and  I remember one day he bellowed out "MORNING  IDIOTS"

No one said a thing .." ALL IDIOTS STAND UP NOW" he snarled as he stood looking at us.

It was at this point I thought I best do the decent thing ,so I stood up .

"SO YOU ARE AN IDIOT KALOS?"  Well not really Sir but I felt sorry for you stood there all alone :classic_wink:

Have a  nice day everyone and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2