April Promo is 60% off second guest

I was disappointed to see that rather than being calculated by the actual cost of each passenger, the FCC is divvied up equally. We are a family of six and booked two connecting cabins on the Anthem (03/15). Now my 10 YO who was in a cabin for two with my husband is getting back almost twice as much as I am as the primary traveller in the cabin for four (with my three other children) even though hubby and I paid over $1000 each and the kids were all in the $500 range. 

I have been looking at other potential cruises but realize that I can't avail myself of the KSF promo (of which only my two sons qualify as my daughters are teens) as this would mean that my 10 YO would be issued another FCC for the difference. Seriously? He can't cruise by himself!

I find it difficult to think that in booking another two cabins, I will have to pay out of pocket while sitting on an FCC that will go unused? This can't be right. 

These are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things right now but it's frustrating trying to figure out how to use these up while still delivering a well-priced vacation as most cruises I have been pricing are significantly more than what I paid when I booked back in June 2018. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JillK said:

I was disappointed to see that rather than being calculated by the actual cost of each passenger, the FCC is divvied up equally. We are a family of six and booked two connecting cabins on the Anthem (03/15). Now my 10 YO who was in a cabin for two with my husband is getting back almost twice as much as I am as the primary traveller in the cabin for four (with my three other children) even though hubby and I paid over $1000 each and the kids were all in the $500 range. 

I have been looking at other potential cruises but realize that I can't avail myself of the KSF promo (of which only my two sons qualify as my daughters are teens) as this would mean that my 10 YO would be issued another FCC for the difference. Seriously? He can't cruise by himself!

I find it difficult to think that in booking another two cabins, I will have to pay out of pocket while sitting on an FCC that will go unused? This can't be right. 

These are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things right now but it's frustrating trying to figure out how to use these up while still delivering a well-priced vacation as most cruises I have been pricing are significantly more than what I paid when I booked back in June 2018. 

You may be better off with the refund instead of the FCC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JillK said:

This is why the recommendation from most here is to take the refund, if possible, instead of FCCs.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I know this thread is specific to being able to apply FCC for each person, but I'm trying to figure out which "sale" is cheaper in the end. Without doing the math, I'm guessing 30% off each passenger is better than 60% off second. 

Mathematically these are exactly the same.

However the base price keeps changing, which means the final price under the new promotion could be more than or less than the price under the old promotion. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JillK said:

Wondering when you received your FCC?  We were on the same Anthem cruise and have yet to receive anything.  Also 2 rooms among the 4 of us.  Cancelled 3 days before Royal cancelled.

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Wondering when you received your FCC?  We were on the same Anthem cruise and have yet to receive anything.  Also 2 rooms among the 4 of us.  Cancelled 3 days before Royal cancelled.

Lu, I can see the FCC’s for my cousin on Royals TA site but they haven’t assigned an amount yet.  They cancelled the Wednesday prior to March break 

26 minutes ago, JillK said:

Same Situation.  Royal knows this and is the exact reason they are playing this game.  They know we either have to lose the FCC or pay significantly more to use it as a discount.  

Since Royal's position is "It makes no difference" they should refund the same proportion as paid, but we ALL know this is another marketing 3 card game.  

Royal Caribbean is purposely trying to get over on families and loyal customers 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is why the recommendation from most here is to take the refund, if possible, instead of FCCs.

I played chicken with them and lost; canceled before refunds were offered only FCC.  Would simply appreciate it being allocated in same way as we paid, that way we can actually use them in the future...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lu, I can see the FCC’s for my cousin on Royals TA site but they haven’t assigned an amount yet.  They cancelled the Wednesday prior to March break 

Thanks for letting me know.  We cancelled on the Tues night for our cruise (with Royal directly).  Seems like they have a random order as the FCCs seem to be all over the place.

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With FCC’s starting to be issued in equal amounts just be aware that Royal is changing from 30% off every guest to the usual 60% off the second guest starting April 1.

This could make a big difference in being able to apply some of those FCC’s.

You might want to reserve your booking in March and not wait.

TA’s can hold rooms with no deposits until May 31 

We are considering a cruise for next March but aren't 100% sure we'll be able to go. Are you saying I can tentatively book it and not make my final decision until May 31st?

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With FCC’s starting to be issued in equal amounts just be aware that Royal is changing from 30% off every guest to the usual 60% off the second guest starting April 1.

This could make a big difference in being able to apply some of those FCC’s.

You might want to reserve your booking in March and not wait.

TA’s can hold rooms with no deposits until May 31 

61A28300-B2D1-43C4-824C-535B01AB5BF3.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up.

but,  many had the original trip priced this way (60% off second guest)  so it might work out OK.

m

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

but,  many had the original trip priced this way (60% off second guest)  so it might work out OK.

m

The FCC's that they are reissuing are based on the cruise fare total divided by number of guests, in other words equal amount for all guests.

With the 60% off second guest it may be difficult to use all the FCC on guest 2.  with the 30% off each guest it may be easier

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct if booking through a TA 

What if the new booking is within final payment date in case of when one must pay the full amount instead of a deposit....Can that (final payment) be "on hold" till May 31?

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You may be better off with the refund instead of the FCC

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I would have taken that option but we cancelled ahead of RCI. When our Chief Medical Officer told Canadians to avoid cruise travel we became extremely concerned about our ability to re-enter the country post-cruise and made the difficult decision to cancel on March 10 in order to give sufficient time for our agent to have our cancellation processed ahead of the 48 hour cancellation deadline (per the Cruise with Confidence refund policy). We needed to have our cruise cancelled by Thursday March 12th in order to receive 100% FCC. So even though the cruise was cancelled on March 13th,  we had already pulled the trigger.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

So same situation as us. We cancelled on March 10th and on March 11th received a notification of cancellation of our prepaid items from our cruise planner. We received our first email from Royal on March 22nd which confirmed our FCC amounts.

My parents, who were also on this cruise in a separate cabin, had cancelled on March 9th and also received their FCC email on March 22nd. They also received a refund of the taxes/fees and cruise planner items on March 23rd to their credit card.

I have been checking my credit card and to date, no refund of taxes/fees, cruise planner items or the prepaid gratuities.

Here's where it gets interesting: Yesterday afternoon I received a revised email from Royal with a higher amount of FCC ("Due to a technical glitch, the FCC you previously received was incorrect.") So now our FCC is $350 more than previously advised and I am anticipating a lower amount of refund but I cannot figure out the math. I booked through an agent and my booking does not show the taxes/fees as a separate line item. The math just doesn't make sense once I back the pre-paid grats out of what I should be receiving back in terms of refund out of the FCC to make the number whole. Will keep watching my credit card to see what amount hits it in the end. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC's that they are reissuing are based on the cruise fare total divided by number of guests, in other words equal amount for all guests.

With the 60% off second guest it may be difficult to use all the FCC on guest 2.  with the 30% off each guest it may be easier

Sounds like it's trying to get a square peg into a round hole!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

What if the new booking is within final payment date in case of when one must pay the full amount instead of a deposit....Can that (final payment) be "on hold" till May 31?

No, deposits only as far as I know 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And with Kids Sail Free it is IMPOSSIBLE to use a 3rd or 4th FCC.  

7 hours ago, brevardcruiser said:

Anyone have the exact dates of KSF? 

KSF used to be so much better when they adjusted them depending on the promo.  Some promos would have slightly different dates, some went as late as May 31, etc.

All that is gone now.  Royal has standardized on KSF dates and has for at least two years.  All the date ranges have fancy names now like "Peek Summer Sailings," "Easter Week Sailings," etc.  Much tougher to find a date that works outside of school now.

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

KSF used to be so much better when they adjusted them depending on the promo.  Some promos would have slightly different dates, some went as late as May 31, etc.

All that is gone now.  Royal has standardized on KSF dates and has for at least two years.  All the date ranges have fancy names now like "Peek Summer Sailings," "Easter Week Sailings," etc.  Much tougher to find a date that works outside of school now.

It was really great a few years ago when they had 3’rd and 4’th guest sail free with no restriction on age. 

On 3/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC can be applied against the deposit.  If you’ve paid the deposit it can be refunded.  You can also currently book through a TA and no deposit is due until May 31 to allow time for the FCC’s to be issued and applied. 

Thanks for this info Ken.  Do you any guess of how long Royal may do pricing this way.  I have always just booked online with one of a couple online agencies - and I don't think they are the best option for me to do this through. It be much better if I had been working with someone like yourself (although I see you are in Canada so not even sure if you handle the US market) as I will have 2 FCCs, one of which I am not worried about rebooking now, but the other will be a reinstated one which will expire 10/31/20.  So being able to book something tentatively now with no deposit until May 31 would be great

13 minutes ago, Maverick61 said:

Thanks for this info Ken.  Do you any guess of how long Royal may do pricing this way.  I have always just booked online with one of a couple online agencies - and I don't think they are the best option for me to do this through. It be much better if I had been working with someone like yourself (although I see you are in Canada so not even sure if you handle the US market) as I will have 2 FCCs, one of which I am not worried about rebooking now, but the other will be a reinstated one which will expire 10/31/20.  So being able to book something tentatively now with no deposit until May 31 would be great

He can and does handle the US market

• Like 1