Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

I lived in Flagler Beach, Daytona Beach, and Daytona Beach Shores...moved down to Merritt Island from there, staying for 20 years.  Loved it, 145 feet on the water...great for our boats (three of them all on lifts on our dock) and only 5-10 minutes to cruise of out PC.  

Fishing days are behind us now, RV travel came along, so now simply have to drive an additional 20 minutes to the port since we moved to "the swamp" 5 years ago.  😉  Quiet and peaceful out there...love it even more.  

Odd. I was a partner in a few charter boats in the 80’s & 90’s. I had my 100 GT Masters. Two of the boats were right next to the old Miss Cape Canaveral, the other one was behind Rusty’s. It was good to get away from work and run a charter once in a while. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Odd. I was a partner in a few charter boats in the 80’s & 90’s. I had my 100 GT Masters. Two of the boats were right next to the old Miss Cape Canaveral, the other one was behind Rusty’s. It was good to get away from work and run a charter once in a while. 

M8

We had what we called our "ocean going" fishing boat under the covered lift. Right out the canal, into the barge canal, and through the locks.   

A swing lift for our flats boat, and a fork lift type for the small boat.  We decided fishing the flats in calm water was much more our style and sold the big boat.  Kept the flats boat for awhile, then realized we were not fishing much, so bought two high end kayaks, which are the only boats we own now.  Life is much simpler now.  😉  My red baby named..."Miss Scarlet".  🥰

WP_004764.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

My neighbor's house (Cincinnati) sold in 2 days, but the buyer dropped out and they had to relist.  Sold again in less than 2 days.  For the house that we just bought on Amelia Island, there were 3 offers in the first day, including one offer made by someone who had not yet seen the house in person.  It's such a seller's market right now that our real estate agent said it's common to offer sight unseen, since you have some number of days to change your mind.

I have only one regret (so far) about the house that we just bought...only a 2 car garage.  Since we have a 3/4 finished basement now, we'll have a lot of decluttering to do.  Already paid 1-800-gotjunk to haul away half a load, including a massive old 65 inch rear projection TV that they carried out from my basement.  Best money I ever spent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's such a seller's market right now that our real estate agent said it's common to offer sight unseen, since you have some number of days to change your mind.

Typically 10 days in Florida to complete a professional inspection.  You could lose your deposit if you go beyond that time. Any time may be agreed to by both parties. 

We made an offer on our house sight unseen.  The listing on the internet had a floorplan so I knew it was what I wanted.  We were the backup buyer and when the first buyer backed out we toured the home and it had everything we needed.  My husband is having a second huge shed built for his hobby.  During March and April I had some remodeling done inside while my husband worked on moving his toys.  In August our Texas house sold in one day with a bidding war between 3 couples.

• Like 2

A bit of action tonight which has just wrapped up. A road sweeper showed up around 7:30 at moms and just finished at my place.

Tomorrow should be lane way paving.  Chance of rain late afternoon so they have to have it done before then. 🤞

E09486B3-E5AA-4D74-B2E9-8EB8F10DB18B.thumb.png.0e0a9cfa4e5c60cc5cd62b00dd5e995a.png

1C87C06B-BFA3-4FBA-9DDC-11D815595282.thumb.png.7b0a230497f9bec598cd22788330b26b.png

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Realtor said there is a shortage in our area of Estate homes in gated communities, that they typically are off the market in 30 days or less.  We live in Ormond Beach.  We are having a huge influx of people moving here from NY/NJ/CT.  I wonder why (please don’t answer)?

One can never have enough garage space. 

M8

I'm sure your house will sell fast.  Definitely a sellers market with multiple bidders driving up the prices.  Houses in my area are selling in a matter of hours.

Crazy how low the mortgage rates are right now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

House down here in our neighborhood (not gated) are selling very fast.  

We put my mother's house on the market in June and on the first day of viewing had 13 viewings and three firm offers 

• Like 2

I used to go to a group called holy smokers every friday night. Guys smoke pipes or cigars, not me  85% scotch, 15% whiskey I'd say. Most of us would chip in and we all bring bottles of scotch to share. Good use of leftover obc, buy some good scotch, but it's cheaper here than on the ships.

..... anyway we haven't meet since covid started and Alan who hosts it out back on his patio seems to have decided to have a meet up tonight. A little nervous about going, but I'd like to catch up with them all. Mostly tech heavy very smart guys, lots of intelligent conversation. I haven't been to anything since covid started, so this would be first social thing I've done. Perfect fall weather to sit outside and drink some scotch..yes they are responsible for turning me into a scotch drinker. He only lives about a mile away, neighbor almost. Going to chance getting outside the house tonight.. I'll try and sit social distance away lol. Spread out. I could stand some single malt scotch tonight.

20201022_222644410.jpeg

• Like 2

I never learned to drink scotch.  I tried many years ago.  Started with scotch and soda, made my way to scotch and water, but never got to scotch on the rocks.  Maybe I didn't try hard enough. 😉

I'm the same way with bourbon.  It looks like a lot of fun being a bourbon drinker with so many different options out there.  I've started with manhattans, which I've grown to enjoy.  I want to advance to straight bourbon so that I can truly taste different brands.  I also want to get into the clear ice trend.  Good thing that bourbon and clear ice go well together.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One can never have enough garage space. We have 9 spots and in the summer something still has to go outside. I advocate for as much as space possible. 🙂

9?  You must be very organized and neat.  If I had 9 garage spaces, it would look like something that American Pickers would want to go through.  Our normal garage (2 spots and a storage room in the back) is referred to as "The Great Unknown".  We had to have a shed built to keep stuff in, that kept getting lost in the garage.  It is called, "West of the Great Unknown".  My favorite item is half of an artificial Christmas tree.  The Boss Lady claims we can't get rid of it, because the other half is in here somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Please tell me you had shirts.

Shirts that say Holy Smokers. No lol. I'd suggest it, but they would laugh. It's a fb group you can suggest it. Hes developed his patio over the last 15 years. Covered, ac and heat, at least 6 fans set to move smoke, music screen tied to his apple phone, loves tech. Most love guns and we all have done show n tell (it is texas). I cant see anyone wanting to match shirts though lmao. 

I think I'll skip suggesting matching shirts ... not these men.

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never learned to drink scotch.  I tried many years ago.  Started with scotch and soda, made my way to scotch and water, but never got to scotch on the rocks.  Maybe I didn't try hard enough. 😉

I'm the same way with bourbon.  It looks like a lot of fun being a bourbon drinker with so many different options out there.  I've started with manhattans, which I've grown to enjoy.  I want to advance to straight bourbon so that I can truly taste different brands.  I also want to get into the clear ice trend.  Good thing that bourbon and clear ice go well together.

I’ve gotten to enjoy a good Scotch, Bourbon, and Vodka. It’s got to be good stuff and drink straight in the rocks unless it’s cold out.  Need to be someplace where I can’t drive. 

M8

On 10/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Busting my butt last few days. We signed contract to build a new home and list the one we own now. Lot of work to clear out and haul off the junk we keep. Lol

Building a new home so that we have more garage space. 3 car garage not big enough. New plans have 6. We have a Bike addiction. 

Our current garage situation. We had two cars and a Jeep. Now down to just the two cars. I think the Boss would like another 4x4. Maybe a G Wagon since they reduced the turning radius. 

CDB455B4-FFDD-4D64-A7E5-9B2A6E075297.jpeg

F916DD82-8CC7-4EBC-8387-4366B04E5DC5.jpeg

Great selection of super bikes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I only like good single malt. I'm very picky though I just pour it over a ton of ice and let the ice melt. Dont add water, so it's a easy drink to drink in a group. No mixer needed. I dont like the really smoky flavors either. Or whiskey. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t get me started.... yuck. I did qualify by saying good spirits 

You have made that clear and have never waivered from your opinion. Now, if I were ever to have a mixed drink in the DL made with NA I would be thinking of you (M8). 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Realtor said there is a shortage in our area of Estate homes in gated communities, that they typically are off the market in 30 days or less.  We live in Ormond Beach.  We are having a huge influx of people moving here from NY/NJ/CT.  I wonder why (please don’t answer)?

One can never have enough garage space. 

M8

There is a shortage of car parts. 2021 cars usually come out like in august? My dealership doesnt have 2021 cars. I had to buy a 2020. 

I think a lot of things in short supply. I noticed a lot of real estate areas are forecast to be up 7% in the next year. The beach area in texas I have been watching, loveland ohio, where my cousin moved, even here around me. Lumber prices up huge to build, so older homes selling like crazy. 

You will see fast I'd bet.

• Like 1