Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, island lady said:

Got hooked on a coffee roaster we found in Anchorage Alaska last August...of all things. 😎   Called "Black Cup".  They have their own coffee roasting and tasting cafe shop in Anchorage.  Many different varieties designed to keep the people awake during those long cold winters, and blends for the fisherman on the cold sea.  

Wonderful coffee!  I now order it online..enjoying that magic word..."Free shipping".  😉 

Thanks. I looked and they only have whole bean coffee. My SIL said dad doesn’t own and coffee grinder and probably wouldn’t use it if I sent one. I did send them a note asking if they would sell it already ground, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Any other good coffee suggestions?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wishing everyone peace and light this holiday season!  May it also be a festival of Hope, Happiness, Love and Health.  

HANUKKAH SAMEACH!

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss here was born in Israel and is Jewish as well. I grew up in a very Southern Baptist household. Makes for a good mix. ❤️

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Sounds like the perfect mix to me. We are also a mixed marriage, Jewish and Catholic.

Happy Hanukkah 🥔

We also have mixed marriages in our family, and I can attest that indeed they're a good and happy mix 💙 + 💚

Today we went to the "prime" beach, the one where the hotels are right on the sea. Deserted and sad, no tourists, restaurants and coffee shops closed.

_DSC2544.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Before I head off to the surgeon, just wanted to let you all know our friends are doing better.  They removed the brain tumor and are deciding what treatments to give her.  His COVID is doing better!!

They should both be home for Christmas, fingers crossed.

Excellent news -- glad for the update !!!

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy Hanukkah 🥔

We also have mixed marriages in our family, and I can attest that indeed they're a good and happy mix 💙 + 💚

Today we went to the "prime" beach, the one where the hotels are right on the sea. Deserted and sad, no tourists, restaurants and coffee shops closed.

_DSC2544.JPG

Beautiful! I wish I was there.

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Before I head off to the surgeon, just wanted to let you all know our friends are doing better.  They removed the brain tumor and are deciding what treatments to give her.  His COVID is doing better!!

Great news about your friends Marietta.

Good luck at your appointment with your hip surgeon.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy Hanukkah 🥔

_DSC2544.JPG

Lovely beach Dani.

That's nice that your mixed marriages are successful and loving.

Happy Hanukkah.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You still see and hear UH-1’s (Huey) flying around?

M8

Did not get that up close and personal to designate the type, I just know Bucky calls it a "utility" helicopter and is indeed a Huey or hybrid of some sort.    Cape Canaveral has at least one that we know of, and we have a military air museum within 5 miles of us.  Very interesting air craft come and go from there.  

With Bucky having Spent two tours in the swamps "boots to the ground" in Vietnam...he freaks now when he hears that heavy rotor sound.  

Think "Forest Gump"...but worse.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cold day in sunny Ocala

Starting to warm up a bit now here in the swamp.  Just finished stringing lights on my golf cart.  Not going to be in the parade...but we will look good parked on the side of the main drag to watch them where they will parade around the entire community.  We are way in the back of the community, blissfully quiet back here off the beaten path.  😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday, lead a Daytona HOG Bag Lunch Ride. We call our group the Bag Lunch Riders. I started the Bag Lunch Rides back in April when COVID19 got serious here. We find a nice park with picnic tables outside to stop and eat our bag lunch. We practice good social distancing. 

Our HOG Chapter has challenge rides the last few years. Three years ago we did State and National Parks. Two years Firehouses. Last year Transportation Museums. This year we are doing Historic Houses.   You visit 10 on your motorcycle, you get a patch and rocker. We document these with a photo of us on our motorcycles in front of the location. 

Yesterday was a very cold day for us here. When I left the house, the temperature was 39*. It warmed up to 58* later in the day. Love the cooler temperatures to ride in. I have heated seats and grips. 

Here are some pictures (I took the house pictures and a rider in the group took the others). We knocked out ~250 miles. M8

56926986-A0C2-4D6B-9145-4F09DB632892.jpeg

EF86E58F-A5A3-4F82-B30F-9BF47B4C3713.jpeg

8F139F47-D4E9-4A1E-B925-6CA33991CDA3.jpeg

3DEFEAB4-FA91-4FA0-B0D2-768669DC2483.jpeg

B2034878-9749-4C6C-88EB-6CC40A236763.jpeg

7CA7A5C8-6671-4712-A5CA-4CB6E439823E.jpeg

F78307DF-821D-45BC-84D6-614A5BE33706.jpeg

BD002ED9-9530-4030-B5F5-AC57066E9E14.jpeg

WOW fantastic photos and ride. Historic house nearby?

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. I looked and they only have whole bean coffee. My SIL said dad doesn’t own and coffee grinder and probably wouldn’t use it if I sent one. I did send them a note asking if they would sell it already ground, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Any other good coffee suggestions?

Ahh..sorry...did not know that.  We have a coffee grinder I use every morning, and another one in the "land yacht" (AKA motorhome).   

I also love the 100% Kona coffee from Kona Hawaii...have ordered those before.  Bit more expensive, and actually like the coffee they roast in Anchorage better.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Two Blackhawks alway fly up the beach prior to a launch. Air/Sea Rescue

Speaking of launches, the spy satellite is potentially going up tonight on a triple booster Delta Heavy. Tomorow SpaceX may launch a Sirrius radio satellite 

New sign at the former Patrick AFB

20201210_105115.jpg.cc5dd84899852903e395d0b7f0716201.jpg

One of the 'fun' Trump legacies.😉

No pictures, but Cape Canaveral has been renamed a Space Station. 😁

Dumb here-do not understand the name changes. Port Canaveral will always be that to me. I am in the flight path of MSP airport and the military air base next to the regular airport. I can tell what kind of plane by the engine noise and plane shape and for sure all the C-130's that some over a lot. Fun since home 24/7.Saw the blue belly of AF1 bringing Obama here a few years ago. Really way too low.

Meanwhile: Merry Xmas to all. Happy Hanukah to all. Happy Healthy New Year to all.

Stay safe and stay well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is Wonderful news!     Thank you for the update 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ahh..sorry...did not know that.  We have a coffee grinder I use every morning, and another one in the "land yacht" (AKA motorhome).   

I also love the 100% Kona coffee from Kona Hawaii...have ordered those before.  Bit more expensive, and actually like the coffee they roast in Anchorage better.  🙂 

I can vouch for Kona coffee that is one of my favorites.      Another favorite of mine is from Columbia That I purchased when I was there last January on a Serenade cruise.    Glad I bought home several bags as I can never find online.

• Like 3