Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Meatloaf RIP.

We are really sorry to hear Meatloaf passed away yesterday.

We saw him twice in concert and he was amazing.

Graham.

I just posted this also on the Bella Thread;

Comedian/Actor Louie Anderson passed away due to complications from cancer.😢

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I do live in the Panhandle east of Pensacola.  My knitting group is in Pensacola so I go there every week.  My husband likes the country station here, I think it is 98.?  It has a really good selection too.  There are long stretches of road between here and Texas.  That is one reason we moved - that 12 hour drive was getting tiring when I wanted to visit my son.

There were quite a few country stations I listened to as well, although I can't remember the stations or where they broadcast from.  I get bored of listening to the same music so I'm always searching for variety.

The reason JET 100.7 sticks in my mind is I guess I didn't realize how close to Pensacola I was.  And I definitely enjoy the overnight DJ to the daytime DJ.....better playlist.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Ocean boy, have a safe trip.

To all those hit by COVID, continued healing.

To the cold weather coming, I hate it too, but be safe.

Andrew, I knew you had more interesting weather than us here in Ohio, but our schools close when the temp hits -1 or below.

That is now.

Schools back then  would only close in a weather emergency, that is more than 8-10 inches.

Or the temp was cold with a wind chill (cannot remember the exact temp).

When I was in HS. my brothers and I walked 2 miles to get to school.

We lived too close for the bus to pick us up,

Many a day, my legs were totally chapped from the cold air chillin them as I walked, we wore uniform skirts and then the shorter the better (we were stupid).

Now our district buses all students even if they live on  next property  to their school. That is if they want, they can walk when in HS.

Be safe

Here they’ve had to expand parking lots because very few HS students ride the bus. 
What’s amazing is that most of the cars are new, and on the expensive side. 
The few with cars when I was in HS drove clunkers; not antique cars, but muffler dragging, upholstery torn, and rusted out floors. You had to watch where you put your feet or they’d be dragging. 
Most of us rode the bus. None of my 6 grandchildren did. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Most of us rode the bus

And if we missed the bus we walked to school.  Don't even go back in the house, just start walking.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The few with cars when I was in HS drove clunkers; not antique cars, but muffler dragging, upholstery torn, and rusted out floors.

LOL.  I hear stories about my husband's car all the time.  It had flames painted on it and you could find watermelons growing in the floor of the back seat.  When I met him his clunker had a hole in the floorboard.  Probably not what you look for in a future spouse but I knew he had potential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Have a great  trip OB.

I just stopped at the WW library to renew my card and they had covid tests.  I grabbed one kit for dh and I.  I woke up early this morning at 2:30  (with my dog's help that is) and decided to make our appointments for 2 weeks from today.  I mis-calculated, Friday opens tomorrow.  Back to bed, try tomorrow.  Only thing I am worried about is if my appt. at cvs gets cancelled.  I'm going to try to make an appointment somewhere else.  Worse case scenerio is we get on the plane and try to find a place in FLL and keep our fingers crossed..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does Stevie sing ?

@lenquixote66 Funny enough, the only time she even tries to bark is the middle of the night, when she and the cat "play" (which is usually just the cat tormenting her).  

Here they are in a more peaceful moment:

1225476738_StevieMaxx1.jpg.500aa4957381e5af27e15af98f94c1f9.jpg

And here is Stevie being perplexed that Maxx is laying on HER bed:

1151757559_StevieMaxx2.jpg.2d1746c6c293d4623bfbdcf5ff085ae8.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Seems so strange doesn't it. Owen just stood outside at -10F for near ten minutes waiting for the bus to get him. He didn't want a ride down in the car.  

Was it case of him not wanting to be seen with a parent dropping him off? 

I've been on both sides of that, as a teenager and as a parent. Either turning down the ride or begging to be dropped off around the corner from the school.

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Here they’ve had to expand parking lots because very few HS students ride the bus. 
The few with cars when I was in HS drove clunkers; not antique cars, but muffler dragging, upholstery torn, and rusted out floors. You had to watch where you put your feet or they’d be dragging. 

My high school would only allow seniors to bring a car to school, even though I had a license and car as a junior. And I'm pretty sure we had to justify it as well, like leaving for a after-school job directly from the school.

The parking lot was a smorgasbord of cars from some of the latest Firebird Trans-Am and Turbo 280XZ to my 13 year-old Ford hand-me-down from my father. The carburetor would stick on a damp winter day so I would have to pop the hood & stick a screwdriver to hold the carburetor open in order to start the car. Pretty sure that's be considered cruel and unusual punishment these days. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just an FYI, you and this post does give me some inspirational hope for my eventual return to cruising, although that it still a long way off.  I'd probably want my first cruise to be solo, rather than with family/friends. Kinda weird, not sure why. 

You can do it.  It seems to me to be a lot easier and safer than  getting on a plane and flying to some city and sightseeing on my own.  Oh yeah and it beats sitting around the house by myself (have no kids) and feeling sorry for myself

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

900mg total or 900 3×daily? 

900 3x daily. I just read the bottle again to make sure I was right.  300mg capsules. Give 3 capsules every eight hours. He is at the max allowed along with 100 mg of Rimadyl twice a day. We are trying to get him off the meds with the laser treatment.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was picked up in Brooklyn Corner of Albany Avenue and Eastern Parkway

Our bus picked up kids all over Brooklyn .I cannot recall if there were any Manhattan pickups.We went on the ferry to the campgrounds.

That explains it.  Different divisions never mixed.  No pick ups, just met in one place and went right onto the ferry.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

In Plano, TX, where my daughter went to HS, you can tell the difference between the student and teacher parking lots.  Students have the new status cars; chargers, mustangs, mercedes and one time when picking up my daughter I saw a Hummer.  And the teachers have the Hondas, Toyotas, Kias, the small cars!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Yup.  It is the freezing mix potential that did it.  This is Florida.  We don't close schools for covid just for cold.  LOL

Schools here in SC announced on Wed they would be virtual today due to the forecast.  No more snow days.  It's raining here and mid 30s but just about everywhere is closed prepping for the weather.  Just hoping the power stays on.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Night 2 of SAG awards viewing. Last night we watched "Power of the Dog." It is nominated in the category of Best Actor Benedict Cumberbatch, Best Actress Kirsten Dunst, Best supporting Actor Kodi Schmidt-McPhee.

The-Power-Of-The-Dog.thumb.jpeg.0fbed1c0c94066a67437ed89f078fb36.jpeg

So if you wanting an uneasy movie to watch this one might be for you.

Thanks for the "warning", a few friends have recommended it.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We lived just over a mile from my kids HS which meant they were at the end of the bus route and always seemed to get to school late.  I started dropping them off on my way to work, until they drove themselves, so they had time with friends before class.  I always said how interesting it was that the kids were driving nicer cars than I was.

For those Amazing Race fans, saw this earlier today with explanations of why some of the teams didn't return.

https://www.justjared.com/2022/01/20/heres-why-four-amazing-race-teams-didnt-return-after-hiatus-for-covid-19/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Here in southeastern Virginia, schools and city offices were all closed today because the weatherman said the s word yesterday.  This is what our yard looked like this morning.  More white stuff is coming this evening, perhaps 3 to 5 inches total by morning.  It doesn't take much to scare people around here.  Grocery shelves were emptied yesterday.  

1790543417_snowday.thumb.jpg.6d68720f0837498889beeb955e2a029b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The end of the song is telling 😉

Agreed.  I thought about it but decided not to go there.  😁

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

For those Amazing Race fans, saw this earlier today with explanations of why some of the teams didn't return.

https://www.justjared.com/2022/01/20/heres-why-four-amazing-race-teams-didnt-return-after-hiatus-for-covid-19/

Thanks for posting this.  Good news for two of the teams, bad news for the other two.  After 19 months, it's kind of surprising that 7 teams were able to return.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'd probably want my first cruise to be solo, rather than with family/friends. Kinda weird, not sure why. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

You can do it.  It seems to me to be a lot easier and safer than  getting on a plane and flying to some city and sightseeing on my own.  Oh yeah and it beats sitting around the house by myself (have no kids) and feeling sorry for myself

Not weird at all. I think that you have to "deal" with it first and alone, without "external" noise which could "blur" the real feelings.

Moreover, you have Ellen's "seal of approval" 🌺

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We decided to hop on to the Odyssey on Sunday.  Coco Cay, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have fun!

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise Arzeena.

Graham.

+2  👍  Have you "experienced" a Quantum class ship already?

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We decided to go out for dinner.

Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, Ribeye steak with a side of tiger prawns.😋😋.

Graham.

Graham, this humongous steak looks amazing....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2