Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

She looks really happy, she is going to be a beautiful bride. Does she speak french? Does he know any english?

If she does not speak French and he knows no English they must have some very interesting conversations. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh! I have 2 sisters ☺️ This is my middle sister. She’s almost 32 and maid of honor. She’s lived in France since 2014 and doesn’t want to come back to the states really. She barely spoke French when she moved there and now she’s fluent. Her bf is French and barely speaks English. He’s meeting the whole fam this weekend.

She’s maid of honor for my baby sister (the one getting married) ❤️

Gotcha !

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

I spent Sunday in the mountains with mom exploring, I’ve got one more day to wrap up on the Mexico vacation report, started packing tonight for Savannah and Vegas, and am sooooo happy that my sister and her bf made it to Orlando tonight from France. This is his first time to the US. Can’t wait to meet him on Thursday. Off to download google translate… 🥴

69427695-0A36-4B47-A899-1D3B17AB3168.thumb.jpeg.a327f852c60941c06ff95b91a58cdbac.jpeg

2 calls today with wedding vendors and I think we’re done and ready!!! Nate and I fly out Thursday morning at 7am 

What a lovely couple! Do post links/pictures of your trips. Love reading about them.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

She said her sister now speaks fluent French. She has been there since 2013 or 14

Okayyy so????😉 I am reading in reverse order, so missed it.😉Do I still get the hot tub soak if travelling on 81? LOL!😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love looking at everyone's kitchen renovation pictures. Great ideas for when we do ours.

One of our stops on the Enchanted Princess was Domenica. We did an excursion called Cooking With Daria. Thoroughly enjoyed it. On our very first trip to Domenica some years ago, we had done this same excursion and have great memories from then, so we decided to do a deja vu kind of thing. It did not disappoint. If you like this kind of stuff, I would highly recommend it. You can check her out on google.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Please bid away, and let me know what you bring home.  Which auction(s) are you attending. Both RM and Bonhams have great auctioneers. The more English their accent the better the auctioneer is when it comes to cars.

I know a couple guys from here at home who will be at the auctions.  Maybe selling, and always looking to buy if the price is right. If you are familiar with Legendary Motorcar, Peter Klutt and his crew they are the collective group. They had a show on Speed TV and Velocity and now on YouTube.  Keep you eyes open for them and say hello if you have a chance, they are everyday people. Also tell them that you “know” Andrew, from just north of London.  They’ll know who I am. 😁

Here is a comparable video they did of three generations of the Ford GT. Great video and prepare you for the Concours and auction. 

Please do. IMO the more photos the better. 

Not sure what we will do yet as this is our first time attending and the website is not very detailed.  We'll figure it out as we go.  We will miss the Bonhams and Gooding & Co. auctions since they are on Thursday and Friday respectively and we have other plans.  We will preview the RM Sotheby's auction cars but have not registered to attend the actual auction since we won't be bidding.  I think it will be live streamed somewhere.

Thanks for the videos.  Although I'm not a "car guy", that looks like an interesting channel to watch.  I'll keep an eye out for Peter and crew and say hi if I find them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Bob, how can I private message you about the photo from another thread? Thank you 

The PM function is turned off in Cruise Critic.  If you're willing to post info here on how to contact you, I'll send you a message to get us connected.  Is this about the sunset photo?  

We made all our scheduled stops: Princess Cays, St Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire and Curacao.

Princess Cays was beautiful, but not my favorite private island. I like Coco Cay for a lot of reasons (stepping out of the ship straight on the dock, food, things to do or not do, cleanliness etc). I love Half Moon Cay (piece of paradise, water is sooooo nice), I like Labadee, I love Grand Turk.

On St Thomas, we went to Sapphire Beach, then downtown. I felt like I was in Cape May. LOL! Tons of vacationeers from mainland US of A. Weather was lovely and we had a good relaxing time. We were docked at Haven sight. Only ship in port that day, so it was quieter than a normal St Thomas port day. Many stores at Havensight have moved to other areas, consolidated with other branches or closed. Some businesses said that they just couldn't keep up with maintaining two or ore stores, keeping inventory, employees, etc.

Dominica was not a free flow port so we booked with princess. We did Cooking With Daria. There were 8 people booked on this excursion. Enjoyed this a lot and highly recommend it. We were docked at their other port this time. Easy walk off the pier, bit more developed and a less crowded area, but a walk or trolley ride to downtown.

Grenada was also not a free flow port, so either a cruise excursion or government approved tour/cab was required. We chose to go with a government approved cab. It was jus tyour party (the two of us) in a van. We went to Mourne Rouge Beach and the cab picked us up when we wanted to leave. They had a help desk for cruise passengers who wanted to do this option. Several tours were being offered or just taxi rides. Mourne Rouge Beach reminded me a bit of Cane Island in Tortola. It was very nice and mostly secluded. The other end of the beach is where the a ship's excursion boat brought people.  We had Roti with Chicken Curry at the local cafe on the beach. Really yummy. There were lots of tourists in town, mostly staying on the island. And I mean LOTS. Tourism business seemed to be booming. We just had till 1.30 pm. Wish we had more time to stay longer.

Bonaire was just a walk in town day and visit the parrot fish along the dock. The ship was in port till 8 pm, so we decided to have supper at Cuba Compagnie in the main square. Great food and great ambiance. Several good restaurants there, but most of them do not open till 6 pm for dinner and were booked solid. Lots of tourist families from all over. It also looks like Bonaire is leaning towards "culinary" tourism.

We booked a day pass at the Marriott in Curacao. It included a meal and a drink, use of facilities, which were very good. Had been there before they had closed down for renovations. Enjoyed the beach and the pool.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

The PM function is turned off in Cruise Critic.  If you're willing to post info here on how to contact you, I'll send you a message to get us connected.  Is this about the sunset photo?  

Good morning,

Yes it the sunset photo with the trees. I can be reached at McGee11243 at gmail dot com

Found this picture on the web, makes me think maybe my idea of a microwave over a double oven is doable.

Here is a Microwave over an oven and then a warmer tray under that..............so that microwave looks super high, much higher then where my microwave would be.

What do you think?

1168-1-SRS-wall-ovens.jpg

Mine will be like this:

Height   14 inches

WMT50011KS Built In Microwave, WMT50011KS 30" Built-In Microwave with Slim Trim Kit, 1.1 cu. ft. Capacity, Tap-to-Open Door, 1000 Watt Cooking Power, Control Lock, Dishwasher Safe Turntable, 10 Power Levels, in Stainless Steel/

Height of my double oven is 50 inches....... that single oven above looks greater then 25 inches, plus all that space inbetween warmer and the warmer itself looks to be 25 inches or greater.

WOD51EC0HS Double Wall Oven, WOD51EC0HS 30" Smart Double Wall Ovens with 10 cu. ft. Capacity, Touchscreen Control, Scan-to-Cook Technology and Sabbath Mode in Stainless Steel

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

It is 28° this morning, but at least the sun is shining. A lot of things on our schedule today. Already got checked in for our flight to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning.  Our “Formal” bag is packed and weighed, and I have 3 pounds to spare. 

Second “Casual” bag will be packed later and finalized tomorrow morning when the bath items go in. Still have to weigh it to see if I might need to take a carry on.  Packing for 14 days, so it may be close. 

Getting together with grandkids for dinner tonight, then home to take one of our government Covid tests to make sure we should fly tomorrow.  Our two day prior to sailing tests are scheduled tomorrow in Florida. 

Daughter and her family wanted to celebrate my birthday early, since it will happen on our cruise. Told them to wait until we return.  Just putting off crossing over to old age. 🤣🤣

And since I am working out on daughter’s treadmill this morning (6.37 miles so far) how about a cat picture!!

CE58607F-10CE-4C18-A671-0A9ED118CD3D.thumb.jpeg.1213b752819e447a54705c001698de8a.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh! I have 2 sisters ☺️ This is my middle sister. She’s almost 32 and maid of honor. She’s lived in France since 2014 and doesn’t want to come back to the states really. She barely spoke French when she moved there and now she’s fluent. Her bf is French and barely speaks English. He’s meeting the whole fam this weekend.

She’s maid of honor for my baby sister (the one getting married) ❤️

Good for her to make that move. I wish I could live in France. I know your family will embrace him and make him feel welcome. 

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

You will be in my thoughts and heart that Charlie gets the care that he needs. Please keep us updated. We care and we are. Here for you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear Charlie isn't doing well.  He could definitely be confused to what is going on if he is on a lot of medicine.  Sending prayers your way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sending you and Charlie our prayers 🙏 Marietta.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ahhh, so sorry to hear this.  Both of you are always in our prayers.  I will say an extra prayer for Charlie.  🙏🙏

I'm sure you are a nervous wreck maybe take Uber or have someone drive you to hospital?

We are all here for you!!!   If you want, please update us. 

Positive thoughts and prayers on their way for you now💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I’m so sorry. I know you’re worried…again. 
Prayers for Charlie and for you. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1