Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am usually posting from my iPhone.  I always upload the images, write the text, then go to the point where I want the photo inserted, and insert it. 

If the image looks sideways in the uploaded images, I delete it. Then I go to my phone and rotate it one position and save the edit.  Then I rotate three more positions so that it looks right side up again. 

After that, I choose the file and upload again to CC, and it is the correct orientation. 

This picture showed sideways, until I did the rotations. 

59606224-5ADB-4D27-9049-E5DF662A15EB.thumb.jpeg.1d69c67afd2190407bebdbb01964f5eb.jpeg

There is probably an easier way, but that is my solution. 

That is another one of my son’s pictures from Hawaii.  Wish I was there now. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let us know how the test comes out. At least you had a nice two weeks on the ship.

I just did a test, mine is negative.  Eric had rough night up and down all night.   No fever just bad cough.    Finally took some robitussin and is sleeping soundly now.   

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dogand @bobmacliberty this is for you. Found in the onboard shop.  I tried cropping before posting, let’s see if it works. 

1878EFC6-903B-4B9C-B1BB-8BE3E5895BF1.jpeg

I love this!!

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just did a test, mine is negative.  Eric had rough night up and down all night.   No fever just bad cough.    Finally took some robitussin and is sleeping soundly now.   

Sorry to hear. I hope Eric feels better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good to hear that there's a new Amos Decker book.  I enjoy those.  I'm looking for a new series and just read the first of the Atlee Pine series by David Baldacci.  The first book was OK...not fantastic but worth a read if you want to relax and kill time.  Has anyone read the rest of this series and can tell me if it's worth buying the other books?

He is definitely my favorite author, I think the Attlee Pine books get better, my favorite is the Will Robbie character.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, the pictures I took where in an off shoot(cove) of the main lake I think.

Looks like the lake it your picture might be larger, but I really haven't seen the whole lake  here yet.

Nice boat you have there.

Here is a web site with a few pictures of the actual Claytor Lake

https://mountain2island.com/

Think I rather have a smaller boat like this though, rather then a Pontoon style.

2022 Starcraft SVX 191 OB - Andersen Boat

The pontoon is a compromise boat.  It is a tritoon and will run almost 50mph, my wife wanted a comfortable boat when it is rough.  This boat fits the bill perfectly.  It is powerful enough, that it is actually a good ski boat.  I would rather have had a ski boat, or new Sea Doos.  Is the Claytor lake a private lake or a Corps lake?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good to hear that there's a new Amos Decker book.  I enjoy those.  I'm looking for a new series and just read the first of the Atlee Pine series by David Baldacci.  The first book was OK...not fantastic but worth a read if you want to relax and kill time.  Has anyone read the rest of this series and can tell me if it's worth buying the other books?

Since I've enjoyed ALL of Baldacci's books, I gave it a try. I struggled. I couldn't relate with Atlee.

Then there was the "cliff hanger" at the end of the 3rd book, and it left me thinking: "what now"???

I didn't even follow up to see when the 4th book will be published....

There are books which I buy the 1st day, after eagerly awaiting 🙂

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now Eric is exhausted and was coughing all night.  

😢  🤞  🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I just finished 19. I am so behind.

Amos Decker series has a new one coming out. On the request list for that.

Also just finished the #4 (Skeleton Canyon) in the Joanna Brady series from J. A. Jance. Excellent.

Now I'm trying to finish the Amelia Peabody Egypt series. I just started "The Snake, The Crocodile, and the Dog."

James Patterson has a new book in the Michael Bennett series, Shattered.  He's the detective with lots of kids, a father,  Shamus who's a priest.  Another one on hold.

I met a nice woman that was doing a b2b +1 as a solo cruiser to take advantage of the double point promo.   She was getting 28 points per week which was going to make her pinnacle this week.

I heard on Saturday she failed her covid test that Saturday morning.   

We spent time with her on pool deck and other inside areas this past week.   Now Eric is exhausted and was coughing all night.   He's sleeping now but plan on doing at home tests today.

Hope Eric is ok and that his test like yours comes out negative.

• Like 1

I met a nice woman that was doing a b2b +1 as a solo cruiser to take advantage of the double point promo.   She was getting 28 points per week which was going to make her pinnacle this week.

I heard on Saturday she failed her covid test that Saturday morning.   

We spent time with her on pool deck and other inside areas this past week.   Now Eric is exhausted and was coughing all night.   He's sleeping now but plan on doing at home tests today.

Sorry to hear Eric is exhausted.

I hope his test is negative and he improves quickly.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty

Speaking of books: I'm reading again, after many-many years, a series of books (Inspector Troy) by John Lawton.

It is mainly about London during the Blitz. Very cleverly written, well researched.

I've read a lot of books about this sad & heroic period in the history of GB and enjoyed them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ozark_kid. How is Kenzies Aunt doing?

The last we have heard is she is still in ICU. She has seemed to be a little better but It sounds like it will be a long road to recovery.  The MRSA is still there and her cough is really hard on her. All prayers are so much appreciated.  
Kenzie’s parents made it back yesterday.  We enjoyed having the kids a couple nights. Aubrey told her mom that Kenzie was so good that she should let Kenzie come over again when Caden and her come over.  Mom thought that was a great idea!

• Like 6

On April 4,2020 my best friend died from Covid.It is hard to believe that it is two years.He was never sick a day in his life.His wife was in the Medical field and he was retired from Law Enforcement.They both exercised every day and ate healthy foods.She has had Covid twice but survived.

We were friends for 71 days and never had an argument or disagreement in that entire time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The pontoon is a compromise boat.  It is a tritoon and will run almost 50mph, my wife wanted a comfortable boat when it is rough.  This boat fits the bill perfectly.  It is powerful enough, that it is actually a good ski boat.  I would rather have had a ski boat, or new Sea Doos.  Is the Claytor lake a private lake or a Corps lake?

Think it is pretty  much a public lake, lots of places to put you boat in, some are pay, some a free.

image.png.c10c4815b61d30bdf4fffc673bfbe9b6.png

Claytor Lake State Park | Radford, VA

State Parks to Check Out | Campus Recreation | Liberty University

image.png.d2ded3c30f0bd813d9c990f80c03185c.png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

So, did a quick search on Table Rock Lake it has 43,100 acres at normal level and up to 52,000 at flood level.  It is a Corps of Engineers lake so dammed up rivers, it was born when I was.  Claytor lake, looks to be about 4500 acres.  The longest river is the White River, it is 79 miles between dams.  My cabin is on James River which flows into the White River about 3 water miles from our cabin.  We are about 30 miles from the Table Rock Dam.  You can go at least that far up the James River from our cabin.  4 lakes were built to control flood waters from the White River flowing into the Mississippi River.  Beaver is first, then Table Rock, Then Bull Shoals, and finally Norfork.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am usually posting from my iPhone.  I always upload the images, write the text, then go to the point where I want the photo inserted, and insert it. 

If the image looks sideways in the uploaded images, I delete it. Then I go to my phone and rotate it one position and save the edit.  Then I rotate three more positions so that it looks right side up again. 

After that, I choose the file and upload again to CC, and it is the correct orientation. 

This picture showed sideways, until I did the rotations. 

There is probably an easier way, but that is my solution. 

Way too much effort to post a pic considering how easy it had been up until a day or two ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I need instructions for rotating an image. They are still loading sideways. Thanks in advance.

I just tried @h20skibum rotating method on my s21 and I couldn’t get it to work that way.  Using @Lionesss pic, this is how I do it and it should work for you . When you open a pic in your gallery you should see the following.  Click on the thing that looks like a pencil ✏️.  This will take you into edit mode.

C2582F97-596A-43CA-A0B1-E0A1E41A3539.thumb.jpeg.c8466dec37f861a147ff6944b2e91db5.jpeg

Once it opens you will see the following…

1.  This is cropping mode.  Click on it.  This is where you can crop and rotate.

2.  Click this and it will rotate the pic.

3. The corners you can drag to crop.  I usually move it just a bit. The crop is what works for me to get pics to post correctly.

358D4673-8FC0-44FE-91B7-229CC6689B8A.thumb.jpeg.517701802cc9002d1baf11317253cd24.jpeg

Once you rotate and crop click the save button and the pic should be ready to post.  The two buttons next to the 1. button allows you to edit contrast, shadows, highlights etc.  There are also preset adjustments  for special effects. If you don’t like the pic after an edit all you have to do is open the pic up again in edit and you will find a "Revert" button.  Click it and your pic will revert back to the original.

C0DA89BD-5E9F-494B-89A4-AABAD55BC98C.thumb.jpeg.279155e54765cf4cdade439e4763028d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that my Jen's friend, Jen, is walking and had all her "tubes" removed!  Less than a week after a heart transplant. A true warrior!

@Ozark_KidYour daughter and Millie are both super lovely!

That’s great to hear.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

@ReneeFLL the Vitamix made it in. I love it.  Much better than I expected.  The recipe book that comes with it is cool.  Sharon tried the Cappuccino recipe and liked it.  We are getting white chocolate chips for the next one.

I tried an experiment with it to see just how smooth I could get the ice.  Looks like the grandkids will be enjoying snow cones.

DCEFB534-B531-4DC4-92F0-FA406E82EF67.thumb.jpeg.7f4aca3fedda7052642134a7fd2f9cfd.jpeg

Best blenders ever. 🍹 🍧

• Like 3

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 50°F and cloudy in North East England.

When we get into conversations with crew we ask them questions about themselves and family and they are usually delighted to tell us their stories.

We rarely talk about ourselves.

Graham.

We do the same.  We enjoying hearing where they are from. How long on cruise ships, their families, pets, etc.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is good advice for photos that will be posted online or occasionally viewed on a computer monitor.  Cruise Critic as an example will reduce the resolution of any uploaded picture, and maybe even compress it more so that it doesn't take up as much space.  A standard HD monitor is 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high, which equates to about a 2 MP image.  4K/Ultra HD monitors are 3840 X 2160 pixels, which equates to about 8.3 MP.  For reference, 50 MP is an image that's a little smaller than 6000 pixels X 9000 pixels.  Anything more than about a 10MP photo is just wasted on CC and most online web sites.  The reasons to save a picture using the full 50MP are if you want to blow up the photo to a large print size (i.e. to hang on your wall), if you want to severely crop your photo and still have a lot of resolution left, or if you want to shoot in raw format and have all of that data for post processing before saving as your final image.  In those cases, the extra pixels (and the much, MUCH larger file size associated with it) will be worth it. 

Just because you typically don't need to save an image at more than a 10 MP size doesn't mean it's a waste of money to have a camera that can shot at 50 MP.  Mobile phone cameras today will take all of the data from the 50 MP image sensor and do a lot of software processing on the image before saving.  This allows newer phones to have higher quality images, especially in low light.  You just rarely need to save the picture file in the full 50 MP format.

Agree.  Most on CC view on a phone or iPad.  Few will view it on a larger computer or view it on the tv.  Depending on the size of the sensor of the camera/phone to many MP can degrade the picture.  My phone has a 108 MP option.  I have not checked it out yet.  Might experiment soon.  I let it do the pixel binning which takes the information from 9 pixels and make one big pixel.  Thus the 108 MP become 12 MP.

My old Canon 50d was a 15 mp camera.  When I wanted a 20x30 canvas print I used photoshop to upscale and it comes out nice.  This is one reason I want to get a new computer.  So I can get back to Photoshop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let us know how the test comes out. At least you had a nice two weeks on the ship.

He finally woke up around 1 pm, had some soup and a covid test...negative.

He feels wiped out.

So either he has a cold or just not showing up on a test yet.  Will see how the day goes and try another test tonight or tomorrow morning.   

• Like 10