Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So this happened today

Any guesses what happened???!

Ok. For choices. 

A. DH took my SUV to work at boardman hospital and hit a pole driving into deck. 
B. I hit a deer on way to store. 
C. A ram truck parked next to me at store and side swiped me. 
D. I hit garage panel backing out

Well not A. They do not have a deck.

B Also  wrong. If I hit a deer there would be deer parts. 

C  if I hit a car in a parking lot I would move my car to a new spot. 

D  DING DING DING. I hit garage. 

Thank  God it popped back on. 

Stay safe. 

A98DDA87-2941-4353-918D-10803F90124F.thumb.jpeg.139b6bfbd6a46817dcc5243a3ea9d2f9.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We have a port stop in Cherbourg, and Mont Saint Michel is my plan for that stop.  I believe Royal will have a couple excursions to it, and I am already looking in to a private tour for that stop.  It looks like an amazing place to tour.

Thank you for the recommendations.  I am glad I have a little over a year to research.

We always like to get a small taste for places, and if it looks like we may not get to see things we would like. We are leaving our return plans open at this time.  We could always go from the UK after the cruises, and spend some time in Paris before flying home.

Susan says all she remembers from her high school French is “how are you?”, and “shut your mouth”.  Probably because that is what the class heard from the teacher every day.   Me, I did 2 years French and 2 years German.  I remember both of those phrases.

We did Normandy from Le Havre, rented a car from Hertz right there  near the dock.  Did Saint Mont-Michel from Cherbourg again, rented a car from Hertz right near the dock.  This was 2009.  Easy Peasy.

Enjoy.

jc

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg,  that makes two of us... The little streets surrounding Montmartre, and d'Orsay v. Louvre.

@h20skibum

Thank you for remembering the name. Montmarttre. Loved that area.

32 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So this happened today

Any guesses what happened???!

Ok. For choices. 

A. DH took my SUV to work at boardman hospital and hit a pole driving into deck. 
B. I hit a deer on way to store. 
C. A ram truck parked next to me at store and side swiped me. 
D. I hit garage panel backing out

Well not A. They do not have a deck.

B Also  wrong. If I hit a deer there would be deer parts. 

C  if I hit a car in a parking lot I would move my car to a new spot. 

D  DING DING DING. I hit garage. 

Thank  God it popped back on. 

Stay safe. 

Ouch! When it rains it pours. So sorry this happened to you. At least you were not injured.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just tried @h20skibum rotating method on my s21 and I couldn’t get it to work that way.  Using @Lionesss pic, this is how I do it and it should work for you . When you open a pic in your gallery you should see the following.  Click on the thing that looks like a pencil ✏️.  This will take you into edit mode.

Once it opens you will see the following…

1.  This is cropping mode.  Click on it.  This is where you can crop and rotate.

2.  Click this and it will rotate the pic.

3. The corners you can drag to crop.  I usually move it just a bit. The crop is what works for me to get pics to post correctly.

Once you rotate and crop click the save button and the pic should be ready to post.  The two buttons next to the 1. button allows you to edit contrast, shadows, highlights etc.  There are also preset adjustments  for special effects. If you don’t like the pic after an edit all you have to do is open the pic up again in edit and you will find a "Revert" button.  Click it and your pic will revert back to the original.

Thank you for the info. I will play around with edit for my own benefit now that you've given me that info. However, I don't think I'll be posting any pics to CC until the problem is resolved. It is too time consuming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I officially nominate you to the CC picture rotation manager.

Um, when working with "senior" members who just barely passed reading I phone instruction book for idiots (aka me), this could push me to drink.  Um just needed a reason.

I, on the other hand, don't need a reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

B4BCEDBB-ED09-4735-B4A2-39CDF99FE109.thumb.jpeg.f3772e35ad431111af758091499a293d.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you for the info. I will play around with edit for my own benefit now that you've given me that info. However, I don't think I'll be posting any pics to CC until the problem is resolved. It is too time consuming.

I hope they figure it out soon.  Once you get used to the edit it takes no more than ten seconds.  It used to be that pics would not post correctly because of the way the phone was held when the pic was taken.  The latest is definitely a different problem.

@Sea Dog your gorgeous puppies are clearly each demanding to have your comfy lap all to them self.

@lenquixote66sad anniversary for you

@singinalot I follow you on Insta so looking forward to your trip photos & stories

@Lionesss glad it was only a garage and not a deer but those electric side mirrors are expensive to repair.  We have minor damage to one.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope Eric feels better.   I was exposed on my last cruise and felt like I had it the day after we got home.  Tested negative and never tested again.   We just didn't get around others for awhile.  If Eric has it let's hope it's a mild case.  

He's been laying around catnapping watching whatever on TV with his Royal Caribbean robe on like it is a sea day but with better TV shows to watch then onboard.    He is not coughing like he was last night.   I set up the humidifier in the family room and gave him more cough syrup and some tylenol.   He wanted a grilled cheese so that is a good sign.

I must admit this morning I was a bit nervous as these cruises were the first time in 2 years that he hasn't worn a mask in public.    But then I figure he had covid pre-vaccine and did just fine.    He was told by his transplant doc to get another booster when we get home from the cruise, so that is definitely getting done this week!

I have been working online and doing laundry.    Wish I was in the MDR right now!   

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He finally woke up around 1 pm, had some soup and a covid test...negative.

He feels wiped out.

So either he has a cold or just not showing up on a test yet.  Will see how the day goes and try another test tonight or tomorrow morning.   

🤞Eric does not have Covid.  My DH came home with it after our Odyssey cruise and I got it after that.  Neither of us were really sick, cough, sore throat, tired and sneezing for maybe 2 days, took over a week to get negative tests after getting the positive ones.  We are thankful for having had vaccines and boosters to keep it very mild.

On a brighter note got to see our grandkids this weekend, it's been too long, here is my grandson wearing his Pop Pop's hat and glasses.  They definitely do brighten the day.  Back in catch up mode, almost there.

20220401_181947~2.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 17

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Jimbo

I'm trying to think why the chicken pizza casserole came out watery for you.

I know you have to pound the *hit out of the chicken

And

Hopefully you pre nuked the spinach,

And 

The Ricotta was on the dryer side.

That is why you cook this recipe uncovered

To evaporate the excess watery stuff.

One time when I made this I had to use a turkey baster to pull off the extra water 45 min into cooking, and then I added more sauce

But this time the picture I posted was not a problem.

If you make again, check at 45 min. mark, and pull off fluid........

Oh my spice mixture.

That I add to the ricotta 

1 tablespoon garlic (the one you buy in the store already prepared in a bottle)

1 tablespoon Paprika

1 Tablespoon flour  (Helps absorb the moisture, Maybe that is what you needed???)

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon oregano

1 teaspoon DASH

1 teaspoon onion powder

I was away and just caught up on all the reading.

Damn

Between not inhaling, 

To

All the  misfortunes,

To 

once again beautiful pictures.

Next time I will check CC when I travel.

Well, at least this thread.

Take care

Turkey roll ups for dinner.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sea ya

Did not nuke spinach, right out of the bag into the ricotta that slid right out of the container, so I would say that was on the wet side. Will try the flour next time and drain some if need be and add more sauce.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I am not a fan of doing Paris for such a short trip.  When we were there we did a drive along the Normandy coast, and a trip to the US cemetery there is well worth the trip.  If that doesn’t float your boat, Mont Saint-Michel is spectacular too.  

Looking at Google maps it is 2 hours and 21 minutes from La Havre and Paris on the toll road.  That is 5 hours to and from.  

JMHO

jc

Agree, sounds like a lot of driving for such little time there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We saw the Eiffel Tower in Vegas, does that count🤪

It counts for me!  Only one I've been on.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are missing the Grandkids being here.  They were a big help around the house!

A24460F5-B31A-42B5-9BB3-C6972BD21E98.thumb.jpeg.64240b1f867fed88772161caaed1c592.jpeg

BA3D67DC-5FA4-42B3-BFB4-B681B76448A1.thumb.jpeg.d05866c2ab8f4bc7ec21400bf07b418e.jpeg

She is sweetness personified and looks very determined to get the job done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good to hear that there's a new Amos Decker book.  I enjoy those.  I'm looking for a new series and just read the first of the Atlee Pine series by David Baldacci.  The first book was OK...not fantastic but worth a read if you want to relax and kill time.  Has anyone read the rest of this series and can tell me if it's worth buying the other books?

They're ok. I don't think it's his best work tho. She's kind of a hot head and it gets old. Nice to read about the Australian outback.

He has started another series "Mercy" which is very good.

i don't buy books so I can't advise on that. I get all mine from the library. Minneapolis has a huge library system. The lending library has (I think) over 20 participating libraries.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

James Patterson has a new book in the Michael Bennett series, Shattered.  He's the detective with lots of kids, a father,  Shamus who's a priest.  Another one on hold.

Michael Bennett is next after I finish Women's Murder Club.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Speaking of books: I'm reading again, after many-many years, a series of books (Inspector Troy) by John Lawton.

It is mainly about London during the Blitz. Very cleverly written, well researched.

I've made a note.

Just what I need...more books.

• Like 2