Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was hoping I would not have an appetite, because I could shed a couple pounds, but that hasn’t been the case.

I had hoped for the loss of smell and taste for the same reason. It didn’t happen so my appetite was the same. 😣

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So true. Hopefully she will still be on the Allure in September if I don’t see her earlier. I just posted a recipe I had mentioned on our last cruise and now I really want one but I need the basil, jalapeño and the passion fruit purée. The stores will be crowded so I think I’ll pass. 😩

After posting this I decided to go to the store to get the necessary things for the drink. Texts were going back and forth with Mike so I forgot to see if we had any limes and I didn’t put it on my shopping list. Oh well, I’ll have to go and buy some tomorrow since I now have the other stuff I needed. 🚫 🍹  🚫 🥲 I’ll have a toast to OB’s birthday tomorrow.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We have one of those. It is an attachment for our pressure washer. They do work well. :classic_biggrin:

And we have had a setback to our kitchen remodel. :classic_rolleyes: We originally had a Formica countertop and a thin sheet of Formica as a backsplash. Since this began back in January, we have asked repeatedly about the Formica backsplash and the tile replacement. Even the tile measurement guy was sort of wishy washy about whether it would be a problem or not. We have asked repeatedly. 

Now that the countertops, new sink and cabinets are in, the tile backsplash people are indicating that the Formica is a problem and will need to be removed. And if the sheet rock is damaged in the removal, it will need to be replaced. No one seems to be quite sure who is going to do this removal without damaging the new cabinets and countertops. Please stay tuned. We will have to see how it goes. :classic_rolleyes:

I had hoped to post photos of the new kitchen next week. :classic_biggrin:

Sounds like they should have removed the formica and installed tile backsplash before installing the new countertop.   Hopefully they can figure it how without issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ATG said:

I don’t know why it wouldn’t let me say the town’s name.  ***** isn’t a bad word.

I'm trying to figure out the name of the town, since it was blanked out.  

Can you post it with a space between every letter so it goes through the filter?

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana  I hope you are feeling better.    Pressure washing looks easy but does take a lot out of you.   

If you have any flat surfaces to do like patio pavers, walkways or decking I highly recommend a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer.

Eric bought one and I tried it out on our patio pavers and works awesome.   So much easier and quicker than just using the wand sprayer on pressure washer.

I used one after wasting a bunch of time without it. They are so efficient

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ATG said:

Wow!  I got gas this morning and it was $4.14.  I passed a BP that was $3.91 cash / $3.99 credit.  That’s in *****, SC.  Our small town local station was $4.29.

GA was $3.87 last week. Should be 30 cents higher now. Gas tax holiday ended yesterday

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Looks like timber rattler to me, we have copperheads all the time.  A few timber rattlers and thankfully lots of bull snakes.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Look like  rattler to me.😐

First thought was a timber rattler too.  We rarely see a rattler here.  Usually black snakes. The house we lived at before this one had rattlers and copperheads all the time.

I don't think it matters to much to Sharon what kind it is, a snake is a snake.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had hoped for the loss of smell and taste for the same reason. It didn’t happen so my appetite was the same. 😣

I have lost my sense of smell and taste and it is not fun.  I can taste grease, pizza just tasted like burnt grease, donut tasted like grease, most everything else just pretty much nothing.  I can smell orange but not really anything else.  I did a bleach load of laundry today and couldn't even smell that.  I lost my sense of smell and taste in the past after an allergic reaction to a medication, it didn't get it back for almost a month.  I am hoping this comes back quicker.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana  I hope you are feeling better.    Pressure washing looks easy but does take a lot out of you.   

If you have any flat surfaces to do like patio pavers, walkways or decking I highly recommend a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer.

Eric bought one and I tried it out on our patio pavers and works awesome.   So much easier and quicker than just using the wand sprayer on pressure washer.

We got one of those last year and it makes a big difference  I think it looks better too after using it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got one of those last year and it makes a big difference  I think it looks better too after using it. 

So do I.  I thought our patio pavers looked brand new when I was done.. shame I cannot use inside the house instead of mop😅

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have lost my sense of smell and taste and it is not fun.  I can taste grease, pizza just tasted like burnt grease, donut tasted like grease, most everything else just pretty much nothing.  I can smell orange but not really anything else.  I did a bleach load of laundry today and couldn't even smell that.  I lost my sense of smell and taste in the past after an allergic reaction to a medication, it didn't get it back for almost a month.  I am hoping this comes back quicker.

I hope a full recovery comes very soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

First thought was a timber rattler too.  We rarely see a rattler here.  Usually black snakes. The house we lived at before this one had rattlers and copperheads all the time.

I don't think it matters to much to Sharon what kind it is, a snake is a snake.

No way,I would be scared to garden or let my cats outside if I saw a rattler or copperhead.   No, no , no. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm trying to figure out the name of the town, since it was blanked out.  

Can you post it with a space between every letter so it goes through the filter?

How’s this.

a color made by mixing blue and yellow plus wood.  Highway 221 runs through it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That must be so strange.   Hopefully it comes back soon😀

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That must be so strange.   Hopefully it comes back soon😀

It is really weird.  When it happened before, I started tasting salt first when my taste started coming back.  You notice textures of food more because that is the only thing that is different when you eat.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh I am so sorry as that sounds awful. I would go crazy not being able to taste things. I do hope you get your taste back very soon. Hang in there!

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Caden entered some pics in the fair.  It got several blue ribbons and was excited to get his first.purple!

IMG_2294.thumb.jpg.d0fcfd04a8b390ba4a458cd1971b9133.jpg

Tell Caden congratulations from one professional photographer to another. That is a really good photo.

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished watching Night Sky.There should be a season 2.Too many questions were left unanswered.

Yes! The big reveal at the end left me wondering a lot of things. This could go anywhere. Superb acting as you saw from JK and Sissy as well as others. I would hope they would renew but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Couldn't read all the posts I've missed.  Hope all is well with everyone.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Try some hot sauce and see if that kicks it back on 🙂

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished watching Night Sky.There should be a season 2.Too many questions were left unanswered.

Just watched 3 more episodes tonight, 3 left to go. 🙂

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Sorry to hear this, sounds very painful. Sounds like lots of therapy to follow. Lots of Cruise Critic time in your future I see.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That sounds so painful.   Sorry you have to go through this.  I hope the recovery goes well and you don't have to deal with the pain long.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh No! That is awful news Bonnie. I am so sorry about your accident/injury. :classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!

Oh no. So sorry this happened. Heal fast!

I broke my ankle several years ago. Spent 3 weeks or so in rehab facility. Completely off my foot for about 3 months and thus out of work. I was able to borrow a wheel chair from a friend. Went to PT for 3 months. I don't have complete range of motion but don't walk with a limp so I'm OK.

FYI: I heard that if you need things like a wheel chair, walker, etc. on a temp basis, check with Goodwill. They will lend them out for free as needed. They are not available in regular Goodwill shops but at a special facility.

You should be able to get info from Goodwill, the surgeon or PT therapist in your area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1