Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

but the end result should be great!

And pictures of the girls when they weren’t staring at the workers through the windows…

Beautiful house and some beautiful kitties. Could this be considered a  "cathouse"? 😜

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team was the home team.  At the top of the 7th the other team tied it up with a run. Bottom of the 7th it was tied up and we had a runner on second with one out. Well, this is what happened. 

Congrats to Owen what a great win. Loved the video. I remember those days with my son. So happy we don't have to wash uniforms anymore.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It still doesn't make sense to me that the recipe would have both Bacardi Silver and Castillo Silver...they're basically the same thing.  Since Castillo also makes a gold rum (aged longer than silver with a more refined taste) and a spiced rum, I'd guess that it would be one of these 2.  I looked at a bunch of web pages for a Turtle Krawl recipe and they all just say Castillo rum...except for one.  That recipe called for Captain Morgan's, which is typically a spiced rum.  It could make sense that the Castillo should be a spiced rum so that you'd have a mix of light (Barcadi), spiced (Castillo), and dark (Myer's).  If you substitute the Kraken for the Myer's, you'll be adding some spice from the Kraken, so maybe use a gold rum for the Castillo??

In other words, I have no idea.  🤪 Let us know what you figure out.  Experimentation is fun.

Bob I think you nailed it. That makes a lot of sense. Even though Kraken is a spiced rum it has it's own unique flavor profile. I can see mixing the three. Those recipes for the Royal Caribbean bartenders document had a lot of recipes that had both light rum and spiced rum.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just ask @ReneeFLLShe will verify that I'm not a lush. On second thought, what happens on Allure stays on Allure.😊

I think some people probably think that about me. In reality I only drink on the weekends. When I'm on a cruise I will have cocktails everyday. Balances me out.

• Like 6

@George CI read that you sometimes go to Zum Sammtisch (sp?) for German food. Reading your post reminded me that many of the German restaurants in Queens are long gone. Before my parents married, my father inherited a two family house on 66th Place in Glendale. Although we lived in Forest Hills,we would often go shopping or out for Sunday dinner to Glendale or Ridgewood. It was the area that he was very familiar with and my mother liked the shops n Mrtyle Ave like Lobels and Urdang’s.

The restaurants I remember were Gebhardt’s and Durrow’s on Myrtle Ave, Neiderstiens in Middle Village and the Triangle Hofbrau in Richmond Hill. Did you ever go to any of those restaurants?

It is quite a trip for you to have dinner in Queens,but I recall that you have family in NY that you visit,so enjoying a meal with them is a pleasant way to get together with them while you are in NY.

All the best to you- 

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

Bonnie- I just wanted to wish you well and hope that you continue to do well with your recuperation and therapy. It is  good that your hubby can visit with you and bring you some of your favorite treats.

Soon, you will be able to get home. Keep up the good work !💐👍🌟

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:32 AM, George C said:

Went to a really nice wine dinner last night 4 course dinner with Silver Oak wines , at end of the dinner they raffled off some bottles and we won a bottle of silver oak Cabernet which is on of our favorite high end wines. 

I have the Silver Oak license plate frame..."Life is a Cabernet".  Great wine!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Coralc Patti,  So sorry to hear about your remodel issues.  Fortunately Bill seems to be handy enough to fix what the so called "professionals" can't.  Any cruises planned? 

Thanks Pat. He is great at starting projects.....:classic_unsure: Hopefully he will get back to it soon. 

It sounds like Alaska was wonderful. What a beautiful location. Next cruise will be on Navigator again, the 7 night in September. Thanks for asking. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks Pat. He is great at starting projects.....:classic_unsure: Hopefully he will get back to it soon. 

It sounds like Alaska was wonderful. What a beautiful location. Next cruise will be on Navigator again, the 7 night in September. Thanks for asking. :classic_smile:

O phooey....I'm scheduled to be on the Voyager TA out of Copenhagen on Sept. 4th. 

One of these days.....😀

Stay well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH played cricket until he very reluctantly retired in his late 40s and DS has been playing since he was 8….

Owen had a unit of cricket in gym and he said it was a lot of fun.   For some reason we turn it on during our cruises on the sports channel.  They make catching the ball look so effortless.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I too am sorry for what your dad went through also, Graham.  Your poor dad😢

Thank you Maryann.

We rushed to the hospital and my dad must have heard the clip clop of Pauline's heels in the corridor because he held on until we got to his bed and died then.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

She is so cute. I was wondering if anyone 😉  was going to be posting pictures of a new kitty.

Lol, I got the message.☺️

So, I didn't post about it but this past winter I lost my cat, Lila, from a medical issue that came up suddenly out of no where. I don't want to re-live the details here. I swore that was the end of any more pets but then the right side of my brain took over from the left.

So this is the newest family member. She is a now a 4.5 month old Russian Blue named Jade for the jade green eyes she will have after her kitten blue eyes change to their adult color. She has been with us for a month now.

She is still very skiddish but hiding less and interacting more. It is a little hard starting  over and having to establish trust and bonding all over again. Of all the fur kids I've had over the years she has been the biggest challenge to win over. I usually have no problem connecting with animals that I encounter. All suggestions to help this process are welcome! Anyway, meet Jade.....

20220529_070725.thumb.jpg.6324f55f44ba71ed92d183f8befdea94.jpg

20220605_131524.thumb.jpg.2c9e2f12c1f0a051fd061591df2f898f.jpg

20220605_131844.thumb.jpg.6b947a4ec32aeb626e1dd7912b15a747.jpg

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

So, I didn't post about it but this past winter I lost my cat, Lila, from a medical issue that came up suddenly out of no where. I don't want to re-live the details here. I swore that was the end of any more pets but then the right side of my brain took over from the left.

So this is the newest family member. She is a now a 4.5 month old Russian Blue named Jade for the jade green eyes she will have after her kitten blue eyes change to their adult color. She has been with us for a month now.

She is still very skiddish but hiding less and interacting more. It is a little hard starting  over and having to establish trust and bonding all over again. Of all the fur kids I've had over the years she has been the biggest challenge to win over. I usually have no problem connecting with animals that I encounter. All suggestions to help this process are welcome! Anyway, meet Jade.....

Jade is lovely.

I see she poses well for the camera too.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyway, meet Jade.....

She is a majestic beauty, this one 😍

When we've been thinking of "adopting" a cat, that's the "model" which was recommended to us, living in a flat and not be home long hours...

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

She's a majestic beauty, this one.

When we've been thinking of "adopting" a cat, that's the "model" which was recommended to us, living in a flat and not be home long hours...

Thank you. However, one very annoying thing about this girl is that one of her favorite places in the house is IN my grand piano.😐

20220518_095306.thumb.jpg.49f04a2d57e8a732e519821bdf4bed51.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

So, when we got our cat, Victoria, she was a grey tabby.  Very skittish.  I swore she was going to be social, let me hold her.  So everyday when I got home from work changed my clothes let her out of her room, I carried her around the house for the next 30 minutes or so.  At first just trying to hold on to her in a comforting way, eventually me rubbing her belly and ears, etc.

Silly cat almost lived to 22.  She even snuggled with 3 different dogs during that time.  

JC

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

She is so beautiful!  Each cat has its own personality.  Sometimes it just takes a lot of time and patience to win them over.  It is good that over time she is coming out more.  If she likes to play you can always use play time to bond.  I have had cats who would not interact during the day but once I got in bed and all was quiet they would cuddle.  You two will find your bond in time.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I had an interesting cocktail at the post funeral lunch yesterday.  The Sidecar was served in honor of the deceased since it was her favorite. I looked it up and it’s made with Cognac, Grand Marnier or Cointreau, and lemon juice.  Some versions substitute bourbon for the cognac which is how I think the ones yesterday were made.  
Also, the Turtle Krawl is a drink we enjoy whenever we stay at Old Key West in Disney. I’m thinking of making them for Father’s Day and found this copycat recipe.  Would Kracken be a good substitute for one if these rums?

3257D9EF-5AAD-4175-A6FB-5E3BEDEBBE09.jpeg

I ❤️ Olivia's!!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry for the loss of Lila.   

Jade is a beauty😍    her fur looks super soft.   I love the last photo, looks like she's posing for the camera.

I have had many cats and with some it just takes time for them to realize they are safe and in a loving home.    I'm sure she will be more comfortable and trusting as time goes on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Foreign relations between Russians and Americans are icy right now, so I’m glad to see things warming up in your home. Jade is a cutie. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5