Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So today, we had all the grandkids at Apple Castle. 

441B7CD2-72B3-4AAC-8006-6E705CFF6CD6.thumb.jpeg.734691fece19813f338d231af60a5e63.jpeg

They have different topics for kids to learn about during the summer. Today’s topic was bees 🐝, and they all listened intently.  

All aboard the farm wagon.  By the way, that is a 1950 JD tractor. 

C92E6472-A269-41F5-9209-9A4694A5545A.thumb.jpeg.3458c921374402e7d46cc2856977bfc9.jpeg

Love the tractor!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just returned from the ortho appointment.  Andy will have surgery on the wrist next Tuesday.  
@Ocean Boy since you asked the other day, here’s a screenshot of an X-ray and CT scan.  I think these were after the reduction.  The Dr today (Dr Got with University Ortho) explained everything in great detail but it’s more than I can remember. What stands out is fracture displacement and communition. He mentioned 18 pieces of bone.  Surgical repair involving wires and plates.  
@A&L_Ont how’s Owen’s wrist? Did he end up needing surgery?

333DC8DD-E53A-454B-BDDE-BA476B6B091E.jpeg

F41AE5D6-BC60-4F55-901D-3AC6CA6E14F8.jpeg

Ouch.  The surgery will put it back in place and he will heal quickly!

• Thanks 1

Just returned from the ortho appointment.  Andy will have surgery on the wrist next Tuesday.  
@Ocean Boy since you asked the other day, here’s a screenshot of an X-ray and CT scan.  I think these were after the reduction.  The Dr today (Dr Got with University Ortho) explained everything in great detail but it’s more than I can remember. What stands out is fracture displacement and communition. He mentioned 18 pieces of bone.  Surgical repair involving wires and plates.  

I'm no Doctor, and don't even pretend that I know much about medical care, but this doesn't look good.  I hope Andy isn't in any pain.

image.png.a22d887491ea9b8e282d581c0b7b848e.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Any body heard from Dani? or Uk Sue? Hope they are having a wonderful cruise.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I've been wondering the same thing🤔

Looking forward to hearing from both of them!😊

I remember a few days ago a post stating that Dani was having wifi issues. Not sure if that was on the cruise ship pr pre-cruise. But usually when you don't hear from someone on a cruise, it means they are having so much fun that they don't have time to check electronic devices. 🙂

• Like 5

7 hours ago, George C said:

We had a nice evening last night , our favorite upscale restaurant had customer appreciation night free drinks and appetizers for a couple of hours along with there normal live music , definitely took advantage of the free drinks part. Will return there tonight so our favorite singer can sing happy birthday to me. Tonight dinner will cost a bit more than last night but I will get a free dessert at least. 

Have a super, wonderful birthday.  Hope you enjoy your birthday dinner!

So sorry to read and see what pain Andy must be going through.  Hoping he has a successful surgery and a recovery with minimal pain.

I can relate.  My ankle surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still in rehab not being able to put weight on my operated ankle.  8 more weeks of that. No word on when I'll be released.  The longer I stay in here, the less time I will need to depend on Jack once I get home.  

So glad we can support each other in here in good as well as bad times.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That doesn't look good even to my untrained eye.  Sorry he needs to have surgery.  Sending prayers for a quick recovery.

I do feel bad for him but on the other hand, he’s a very grouchy patient.  I not so gently reminded him today that since he can’t button his pants without me he should try to be a little nicer 😂

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I made mushroom risotto and pan seared scallops from Viking Village fish market today.     Delicious.     Why is it the scallops from Barnegat taste so much than others?     They are perfectly sweet.

That sounds delicious!

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I can relate.  My ankle surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still in rehab not being able to put weight on my operated ankle.  8 more weeks of that. No word on when I'll be released.  The longer I stay in here, the less time I will need to depend on Jack once I get home.  

So glad we can support each other in here in good as well as bad times.

I had read about your ankle situation & surgery. So sorry for that to happen ever but especially while you were training for a new job. However, it somehow escaped me that you were in a rehab facility, I just assumed you were doing out-patient.

The insurance company will probably decide how long you get to stay. It does seem like the longer you stay, the better. How is the facility itself? Is it someplace you don't mind staying longer and can you talk to the doctor about extending, if needed?

Having visited several different rehab facilities in the past, it seems  they range from almost resort-like to barely one-step above Rikers Island. (another NYC reference to cheer you up 🙂)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I do feel bad for him but on the other hand, he’s a very grouchy patient.  I not so gently reminded him today that since he can’t button his pants without me he should try to be a little nicer 😂

So, whose idea was it to get rid of those sliders?😇

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope he feels as good as possible for the next few days. 

I’m getting pretty good at reading these, but I can’t comment like @Ocean Boy

The swelling is going down. He can wiggle his fingers more and is feeling somewhat better. Tomorrow would be his last day of school but he hasn’t been all week. His classes with assignments due, 3 of them, all teachers said they would average his marks out. 

Owen went to watch part of his ball teams game last night.  They were all happy to see him, coaches too. They gave him the Taco hat as the MVP, a signed bristol board by all the team and coaches along with a bunch of snacks, from chocolate bars to sunflower seeds. We also heard other parents reactions to what happened, as well as the actions of the other team during the remainder of the game. I’m not impressed and neither were our parents. 

As for his wrist, he has an appointment on Friday at the Paediatric Ortho Clinic to review his situation. We will have a better idea then and he hopefully will be getting a lighter weight fibreglass cast.  We will keep you posted as things progress. 

• Like 24

I'm so sorry to hear that he is such a grouchy patient.  Eric is the same.   Thank God for Mojitos😁

I once had 2 or 3 broken ribs from a volleyball game.  They are very painful.

Then add badly broken wrist and having to face surgery and recovery.   He's going to be crabby for a while.   

and he is probably wondering how to finish the window/siding/sheetrock job.  We are here for you❤️ and so is Kraken😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just started watching the new FX series "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Boy this is really going to be good. At 72 years young who recently recovered from cancer and COVID he is an ultimate bad ass. The physical acting in some of the first episode fight scenes was incredible. Give it a watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Just started watching the new FX series "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Boy this is really going to be good. At 72 years young who recently recovered from cancer and COVID he is an ultimate bad ass. The physical acting in some of the first episode fight scenes was incredible. Give it a watch.

Oh good, we are recording this at home. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Your foot should start to get better pretty soon. You're almost half way through! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The weather broke a bit so we went for a leisurely walk around the lake. One one end of Lake Harriet there is a huge rose garden. It's maintained by volunteers. It looks like we hit just about peak - some blooms are starting to fade, some perfect bloom and some just budding.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

The weather broke a bit so we went for a leisurely walk around the lake. One one end of Lake Harriet there is a huge rose garden. It's maintained by volunteers. It looks like we hit just about peak - some blooms are starting to fade, some perfect bloom and some just budding.

Wow! That’s a big garden. The volunteers must enjoy tending it and being with other gardeners. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That sounds delicious!

Glad to see you in good spirits. It helps to keep you grounded while caring for a patient. I wish you the best.

Healing prayers for Andy.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1