Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Thanks for everyones suggestions on TV shows/series. We really liked Ozark, Bosch, Bosch Legacy and Lincoln Lawyer but now we need some new ideas. Please help, we have nothing to watch tonight!

I finally finished watching season 1 of the Reacher series.     That is good!

I still have to watch the last couple episodes of Ozark. 

I watched God's Favorite Idiot with Melissa McCarthy - odd quirky series (not sure if there will be a season 2)

My SIL never saw Marvelous Mrs Maisel so she has been watching while here and is really enjoying the series.     I read they just starting filming the 5th and final season.     

I want to watch Anatomy of a Scandal.

Did you watch Inventing Anna?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, brillohead said:

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

The doctor has to finish his charting and put in the orders for the discharge and also write any prescriptions for the patient for after discharge.  The nurse has to make sure any other charting and orders have been taken care of (physical therapy referrals, DME orders) and all assessments entered and boxes ticked off.  Then the nurse has to print out multiple copies of the discharge paperwork -- one for the patient to sign and enter in their chart, another for the patient to take with them.  

On top of that, they need to make sure the patient's vitals are stable, remove the IV catheter, and take care of their other half-dozen patients at the same time.  

It takes time, and we don't like it any more than you do!  

When I was discharged in November, I got home, changed into a nightgown and realized I had a needle taped to my arm. 
Wasn’t thinking, and pulled it out. 
Blood everywhere! Like I  struck oil!

So yeah, discharge should definitely include checking the patient’s body for leftover equipment!

• Like 8

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am still trying to play catch up on this thread.  Keeping a nine year old seems to take a lot of time and energy.  

First, wishes for speedy healing or good test results for many here, and I hope I am not missing anyone. 

@A&L_Ont hope things are progressing for Owen and your mom 

@Momof3gurlz hope Andy is doing better. 

@aussielozzie18 hope you are managing well with your cast

@grapau27 hope your shot for your knee gives you some relief

@Sea Dog  if you are walking a couple miles, it sounds like your knee is progressing 

@BonTexasNY hope you are progressing with your ankle recovery, but it will take a while. 

And finally………

@Sunshine3601 hope you recover fully from birthday partying. Happy birthday!

Since I got way behind and finally decided to skip some pages, I need to second Mark’s well wishes. 
And add sympathy for Lisa, because Owen’s 1st base crash will still be hurting her after his wrist is 100% again. 
The price of being a mother. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH who never grocery shops, decided he was making chicken wraps for dinner last night.  I warned him that there are zero bags of mixed lettuce leaves at the supermarket and that lettuce is expensive right now due to the current shortage.

He comes back and advises there was only a few “really weird” bags of salad  left and he happily bought a $6 iceberg lettuce. 

Selective hearing?

Dick often gives me news that I had told him 24 hours prior. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have cut just about all of my cats nails.    I start doing when young and most of them were just fine with me doing it throughout their lives.     But Sparky (who I got from Shelter when he was about 1.5 yrs old) wants nothing to do with anyone cutting his claws.   He fights, squirms, hisses if anyone tries to cut them - including the Vet.   He is a very muscular cat and can really give you a strong push or kick when squirming so we gave up trying to cut his nails.   

We also cut the nails of all of our cats.They never seemed to mind.I would usually cut my own nails in front of them then cut theirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Thanks for everyones suggestions on TV shows/series. We really liked Ozark, Bosch, Bosch Legacy and Lincoln Lawyer but now we need some new ideas. Please help, we have nothing to watch tonight!

I just started watching You Don’t Know Me on Netflix.The last series I watched was Intimacy on Netflix.The star of the show was the lead actress on Money Heist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I finally finished watching season 1 of the Reacher series.     That is good!

I still have to watch the last couple episodes of Ozark. 

I watched God's Favorite Idiot with Melissa McCarthy - odd quirky series (not sure if there will be a season 2)

My SIL never saw Marvelous Mrs Maisel so she has been watching while here and is really enjoying the series.     I read they just starting filming the 5th and final season.     

I want to watch Anatomy of a Scandal.

Did you watch Inventing Anna?

Inventing Anna is very good .Julia Garner is also in Waco which is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

When I was discharged in November, I got home, changed into a nightgown and realized I had a needle taped to my arm. 
Wasn’t thinking, and pulled it out. 
Blood everywhere! Like I  struck oil!

So yeah, discharge should definitely include checking the patient’s body for leftover equipment!

I had the same experience .

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I completely agree with Peaky Blinders (including closed captioning 😁), Inventing Anna (Julia Garner is scary good), and Reacher (Alan Ritchson is a much better Reacher than Tom Cruise).  We have two episodes left of Stranger Things season 4 and are loving this season.  The new season of The Boys is out also.  Waiting until we're done with Stranger Things before starting that.  If you have Apple TV, we really like The Morning Show.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

don’t think I had ever heard of a metabolic age (MA), so I had to do a little research.  I found an online calculator that will tell you what yours is, so I had to run it to see what it came up with for me, and also for Susan

Not sure if it's the same thing but we have a Wii game that has a board you stand on.  You enter different information and it keeps up with your weight and workouts.   It shows you your fitness age.  Probably about the same thing.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from the New York Mets World Series winner in 2022.

One of my granddaughters was here earlier .Her TSOTD is from a recent Harry Styles concert.

My TSOTD is Sea Princess.  I needed a 23 year old T to work in the garden. Hot and humid today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My TSOTD is Sea Princess.  I needed a 23 year old T to work in the garden. Hot and humid today.

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest T is one that I got for my 50th.birthday that is still in good condition .

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

After following along on John’s gastronomic adventure, I was intrigued by the app that gave some data linked to his scale.

I don’t think I had ever heard of a metabolic age (MA), so I had to do a little research.  I found an online calculator that will tell you what yours is, so I had to run it to see what it came up with for me, and also for Susan.

So it tells me that my MA is 14 years younger than my actual age, and that Susan has an MA that is 20 years younger than her actual age.

I don’t know what the significance of this is, if any, because it only considers age, gender, height, weight, and percent body fat.

All I know is that appears our age spread is getting larger.

Sorry that was probably my fault as I hit multiquote and then changed tabs. That's why your quote ended up in the other thread (too many tabs open) so thanks for the link. I did it and it says I'm 2 years younger than I actually am. 64 years old compared to my age of 66. Thank you Mark.

• Like 3

We had a nice evening last night , our favorite upscale restaurant had customer appreciation night free drinks and appetizers for a couple of hours along with there normal live music , definitely took advantage of the free drinks part. Will return there tonight so our favorite singer can sing happy birthday to me. Tonight dinner will cost a bit more than last night but I will get a free dessert at least. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a nice evening last night , our favorite upscale restaurant had customer appreciation night free drinks and appetizers for a couple of hours along with there normal live music , definitely took advantage of the free drinks part. Will return there tonight so our favorite singer can sing happy birthday to me. Tonight dinner will cost a bit more than last night but I will get a free dessert at least. 

Have a very happy birthday George!🎈

• Like 1